puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion  (Read 129227 times)

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
Re: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2015, 07:03:36 PM »
- Rin's dog Hanako is... ugh. I expected a Shibu at least, if not a Husky. But anime Hanako is some kind of lap-terrier.

She's had that Yorkie since forever though

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2015, 07:20:37 PM »
Judging from the OP, Kaede looks to be a central focus. I am content.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2015, 07:27:58 PM »

I totally forgot about this card and expected Hanako to be bigger.

Derem@s has the best Producer! He is so similiar to Rin!  :)  I expect many funny situations involving them in the later episodes! :D

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2015, 07:49:28 PM »
That Rin card was like the first non-765 gacha SR iirc. Memories, memories.

Thoughts:
-Catching all the cameos in the opening and elsewhere was fun.
-It gave off a pretty different vibe than the original anime, kind of like how CG feels very different than ML.
-What's the use in including Mayu if she's not going to have a Producer to yandere over? That's... kind of the entire point of her character.
-Uzuki was ridiculously cute in this ep. Why did I ever hate her ???
-(Mild first five minutes spoilers) I love the new Producer, he's very distinct. A lot different than Akabane's Broducer.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2015, 08:33:05 PM »
I really like what I saw, let alone enamored with Uzuki and Rin's handling. I've also enjoyed the Producer along with his subtle humor -- it's unlike what you'd expect of the norm, so that's more for characterization. As well, the visuals are sublime at that. Should they keep to this overall consistency, Cinderella Girls will only come to great things.

Still needs moar Anastasia, though. I need my hot white-haired half-Russian fix. :L
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 08:46:14 PM by DeviantProtagonist »

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2015, 09:15:20 PM »
I have had VERY harsh feelings toward video game adaptations ever since BlazBlue Alter Memory absolutely pissed me off with it's horrid animation, terrible writing, and godawful telling of the original story...............and thankfully, I can say that Cinderella Girls had none of these problems.

I have to say I really enjoyed what I watched. It seems like they're taking their time and pacing the show pretty well by not bum rushing us with lots of things to take in, which is kinda what the 2011 anime did. The show feels like it's taking its time and that's helping me love the characters and setting even more.

I love the contrast that Rin and Uzuki have towards each other and they have a great dynamic with each other. The cameos were very welcomed and I was right that those not in the Cinderella Project would already be popular idols. And the Producer, I think I found my new favorite version of the character. He's so........awkward and yet it makes him a bit more charming that way. Very different from other Producers we've had, and I think that kinda helps him fit in with the girls.

All in all, I have faith in this show and eagerly cannot wait for the next episode.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2015, 09:26:55 PM »
I tried to watch this just now on www.daisuki.net but the video window is blank and the synopsis says "Coming soon." Does this mean that the video is coming soon or that the synopsis is coming soon? Right clicking in the blank video window shows that Flash Player has loaded. Was the first episode available to watch live and now there's a delay to watch it on demand?

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2015, 09:28:17 PM »
Here you go~. :3

It seems like they're taking their time and pacing the show pretty well by not bum rushing us with lots of things to take in, which is kinda what the 2011 anime did. The show feels like it's taking its time and that's helping me love the characters and setting even more.

The initial bum rush with the former anime did seem warranted, though -- 1st/2nd vision was already a long-established franchise so it'd be prudent to start broadly for fans. At least with Cinderella Girls, things can go more a modest pace since most people are so accustomed to the original idols as is.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 09:37:50 PM by DeviantProtagonist »

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2015, 09:35:21 PM »
My one complaint, if I had to dig for one, is that it felt a little slow getting Rin on the bus, but I'd rather have something a little slow than something super rushed. Or something like Love Live where it feels like they spend 4 years pulling a girl, kicking and screaming, into being an idol.

It's going to be inevitable that some characters are going to get the Takane treatment and get shoved to the side/treated as jokes (esp. when the CG girls are a lot quirkier than the 765 girls), and there's probably going to be a drama bomb later, but honestly? I've been super into CG ever since it came out, so I've been waiting excitedly for the anime... And this was the first episode I had hoped for. If it keeps on like this it may even surpass the original anime (which was good but had its glaring faults).

I also really digged the Nation Blue BGM arrange.

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2015, 11:59:40 PM »
I tried to watch this just now on www.daisuki.net but the video window is blank and the synopsis says "Coming soon." Does this mean that the video is coming soon or that the synopsis is coming soon? Right clicking in the blank video window shows that Flash Player has loaded. Was the first episode available to watch live and now there's a delay to watch it on demand?

Turn off your adblocker.  Daisuki breaks if you try to use it

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2015, 01:08:04 AM »
I thought it was going to be terrible but it's actually pretty good.

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2015, 01:25:02 AM »
I was able to watch the episode. It didn't blow me away, but it seems like a decent start to the series. Thanks for your help, DeviantProtagonist and SakuraMaxX!

AkuAkane

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2015, 03:21:42 AM »
First episode was good although I wanted more Mio. I like Rin and Uzuki more than I thought I would, though. I really liked the slow pace, they really made Uzuki and Rin shine. The new producer is alright, but so far at least I prefer the old producer. I'm pretty content with it right now overall. Also Rin's dog was super cute.
Top 5 Original 765PRO Girls=Makoto, Azusa, Takane, Iori, Hibiki
Top 5 Cinderella Girls=Takumi, Rina, Natsuki, Tomoe, Akane
Top 5 Million Live Girls=Matsuri, Noriko, Roco, Julia, Chizuru
Top 5 SideM Guys=Suzaku, Michiru, Kyoji, Ryu, Michio

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2015, 04:20:28 AM »
Want to know something really funny people caught up on? There's a very, very brief animation error during the OP -- we've double-checked this so it's legit. Be aware that given the context it's NSFW, but it's one-in-a-thousand thing and flat-out ridiculous.

Lel.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 05:33:23 AM by DeviantProtagonist »

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2015, 04:42:12 AM »
MAYU NO!