Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion  (Read 106387 times)

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
Re: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion
« Reply #675 on: October 17, 2015, 05:38:24 AM »
Whew, that was a nice finale!  I liked how well they captured the scope of the concert.  It just felt so grand and really exciting.  Haha, wasn't expecting a new NG song!  Like what. XD  It was quite touching though, especially Mika seeing them off and giving them support like the amazing senpai/role model/oneesan she is.(VIP)  M@GIC was great.  That ginormous sea of UOs made me wanna just dive right in lol.  Good performance.  Good animation.  Good ending.(I know, I'm just exhausted and lazy right now, I'll give a proper afterword or something tomorrow lol)

I am possibly gonna get crucified for saying this, but I think this was slightly better than the 765 anime back in 2011.
I haven't heard much from other fans comparing the two, but I would feel that would be the general conscience.

I'm still seeing a lot of stuff like
A lot more inferior than the original Idol Master.
but from general viewers tho, not sure about what other actual fans think(other than here)

For me, hmmm...(been trying not to compare the two since they're both really their own thing) Adaptation wise I can't really say.  But for overall enjoyment, I'm gonna say the original cause a lot easier to get into, way less overdramatic, and more satisfying.

>no swimsuits

See, I just knew something was missing!  But I couldn't put my finger on it.  LOL

Idk what's with all this 765P vs 346P stuff, I never really thought of comparing the 2 producers lol.  I always thought of the one from anim@s as more of a projection of the viewer, someone who's role we can just jump into, which is why he was never given any real development and characterization to also allow the the main focus to be on our idols.  So I was never really bothered by his lack of presence; he did his part in offering moral support at time and giving them a nudge down the right path, allowing the girls to solve problems and mature on their own, which I thought was a clever approach. XD

Well, oyasumi...

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 17, 2015, 05:53:03 AM »
Well, what can I say? Everything I should and would has been said already in this thread and, quite honestly, I dunno if I could say something because I'm outta my brains when I watched the episode. But I'll try.

Of course, I should have expected that this last episode will just be structured as "concert, then the aftermath". I mean, much has been said and done in the past few episodes, and so things should tie up together now. We could see, though, that after everyone just went their own ways and, let's say, "graduated" from the Cinderella Project, there was still those bonds formed during the whole process. It might just be the philistine or plebeian talking from me, but there are some points in the original Cinderella fairy tale that I feel the anime missed, namely her fall after the clock struck midnight. But that's just me.

I could say, though, that Takeuchi-P demonstrated something Akabane-P wasn't able to, for the most part: guts. With the amount that he resisted Miss Mishiro during the last season, that's something I applauded about him. So yeah, this guy is the guy.

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #677 on: December 05, 2015, 02:42:25 AM »
Finally got around to finishing the rest of this series. Really glad I was able to ignore the subtitles for the most part - Daisuki subs suck hardcore. But I've said that a billion times by now.

Personally, when the anime got going, I thought it was really good. It took the second season for it to really hit its stride though, namely because the first season had to... I dunno, introduce a whole bunch of characters at once? It was beleaguered by the need to show who each of those characters are, and while it did it a good way, you still have way too many characters to juggle around. Some of the cameos seemed a little forced too, but then... well, you could say that the anime had to pull the weight of the entire franchise on its back. Not an easy feat. I was personally helped by the fact that I already knew some of these cameos and who they were already, but if I weren't I'd probably be like, WTF or something.

So, whatever, I eventually accepted that it had too many characters, and that some of those characters would have more focus than others. We saw it in 2011 Anim@s too, and I accepted it back then. Who it did focus on, it did it well. Personally, I think Anzu got some good time, Triad Primus and New Generations of course, Riina/Miku (and even Natsuki) and Minami/Anastasia. Kanako/Chieri and Mika got okay development, Ranko got a little shafted.

Takeuchi-P was great - he was as much a character as anyone else. At the beginning, you can really see it - he's out of his league. He can't really talk to his idols... or really anyone for that matter, but when Mishiro says she'll destroy all teh idols and stuff, shoot... he bends over backwards to keep 'em going. That's how you bond with folks, lemme tell you.

Mishiro... seemed to me to be the person who represents the ugly side of show business. Ya know, the ruthless ones you always hear tales about, who you don't doubt hold the reins to every real world production out there. So, when Takeuchi-P (and Kaede... and Natsuki... and... there're probably more but we'll leave it at that) say they're not going along with her crap, it makes it more significant. It's the anime telling the audience, "No, that's not where happiness is! Look at Takeuchi-P if you wanna know how to go through life smiling!"

Last thing I wanna say though, is the anime had a certain amount of love and soul put into it. It came out too - there were a bunch of shout-outs to fan canon, sure, but they went even further - some of these became plot points, some became central to certain characters' development. When you think about it, you could say that the fans had some input on how the anime was made. Passive, yes, but it was there - and that's kinda what Cinderella Girls is about.

EDIT: Oh yeah, episode 24 was great. At the very end, when Uzuki sang S(mile)ing!, I was like, "I translated this song! Whoo!" I guess that's kinda how a doujin author would feel. ^_^;;
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 01:23:24 PM by Cael K. »
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 29, 2015, 03:09:26 PM »

Freedomzz

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 29, 2015, 06:13:40 PM »
This is first time I see Uzuki angry (annoyed?) expression aside from hundred of pics that I too lazy to search.....
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:33:49 AM by Freedomzz »

Asuka Ninomiya

• Greenhorn
  • Hello~ A big Idolm@ster and Asuka's fan here
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 11, 2016, 07:14:49 PM »
Can any kind soul guide me towards the website where I can watch episode 26? lol *^*
Keep Calm And Love Nino-chan~~

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #681 on: March 11, 2016, 07:17:31 PM »
Can any kind soul guide me towards the website where I can watch episode 26? lol *^*

You can probably find a download link for the Raws via a Google search. Can't share a link here since that's against the rules.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Kimiko

• Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 11, 2016, 07:45:32 PM »

search it on nyaa

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 11, 2016, 08:58:14 PM »
Dude didn't you ask for download links in another thread and get explicitly told that it's against the rules???

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 11, 2016, 09:04:54 PM »
I'd let it slide and have him find his way, Maka. No real harm in asking since I find this forum to be more carefree about things.

User activity included.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Asuka Ninomiya

• Greenhorn
  • Hello~ A big Idolm@ster and Asuka's fan here
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 12, 2016, 05:06:05 PM »
Dude didn't you ask for download links in another thread and get explicitly told that it's against the rules???
OMG I SERIOUSLY AM THE BIGGEST STUPID. I AM SORRY!!  :-[
Keep Calm And Love Nino-chan~~