puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion  (Read 119169 times)

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
Re: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2014, 06:02:10 PM »
I'm kinda meh on the fact that it's NG mostly, but I guess it can't be helped.

Of course the PV comes out while I'm at school with no headphones though lol

Go to the bathroom, borrow earphones, and watch it. That's what *I* did.

There was a glass slipper in the PV. Do you think they'll explain why the franchise is called Cinderella Girls? Or have they already explained that?

I guess it might be because the concept of Cinderella Girls is "Rags to Riches", kinda like the original story of Cinderella. The slipper in the PV might be symbolic or something.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2014, 07:16:35 PM »
I take back my initial hesitance over the trailer, I'm sooooo excited now. What little animation we saw looks so gorgeous and fluid! And I'm actually kind of excited over the fact that it's dealing with the New Gen trio, I feel like their friendship could be quite interesting.

Baseless speculation: I feel like the first episode will deal with Rin and Uzuki's meeting, and Mio will be introduced at the end.

Also is that an Onegai! Cinderella jazz remix I saw mentioned at the very end? If it's anything like the perfect idol jazz remixes I'm super hyped for it.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2014, 07:52:10 PM »
I guess it might be because the concept of Cinderella Girls is "Rags to Riches", kinda like the original story of Cinderella. The slipper in the PV might be symbolic or something.

That's what I thought it was. Giving seiyuu a chance to break into their careers in a well known franchise (the iDOLM@STER as a whole) and eventually become 'Cinderella'.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2014, 08:19:14 PM »
That's what I thought it was. Giving seiyuu a chance to break into their careers in a well known franchise (the iDOLM@STER as a whole) and eventually become 'Cinderella'.
Adding to this I always thought it was like "we'll give you a ton of girls and whoever are the most popular will succeed". That's why the girls who win the polls are called Cinderella Girls or given voices. They went from being nobody unvoiced newcomers to joining the ranks of voiced idols which will get further focus and development. Of course this also means not everyone will succeed. Or rather everyone gets a basic story in the game itself, but only the selected will continue on. To be honest I didn't like this method much. While it's cool that fans get to pick what they want, every idol will attract fans and those fans will be dissapointed if their idol isn't selected. At least with 765, excluding non-PS3 2 which resulted to the mini routes in 2, every girl was guaranteed a route each game and a certain amount of focus.

Anyways I think this PV is slightly higher quality than the 2011 anime. The designs also look maybe a tad bit closer to the original designs. CG sure is lucky, getting good smile company scales and figmas instantly while the latter took 765 years and now a better looking anime. Also after almost 3 years I get almost everyone hates NG, as they have said many times, but it gets really aggravating when it's complained about over and over when it's not going to change anything. It's like if someone complained every time Haruka Chihaya or Miki got something, or every time pairings like Iori and Yayoi or Makoto and Yukiho happened.
Theater Days ID: RLA7LXH4

Translation Thread: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,2586.0.html

Chihaya fansite: http://utahimerakuen.waifu.pl/

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2014, 08:34:43 PM »
Also after almost 3 years I get almost everyone hates NG, as they have said many times, but it gets really aggravating when it's complained about over and over when it's not going to change anything. It's like if someone complained every time Haruka Chihaya or Miki got something, or every time pairings like Iori and Yayoi or Makoto and Yukiho happened.

Am I the only person that doesn't MIND New Gen? Like, at all? I liked them in the New Generation manga, so that's what made me like them in general. I dunno, maybe its just my overall tendency to go against the norm or something. :P
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2014, 10:03:05 PM »
I know I complain endlessly about them, but really my only major problem is that they shift the spotlight off characters I want to know more about. They're not that bad, it's more their concept.

But the anime could and probably will change all that!

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2014, 11:18:40 PM »
I just love everything iDOLM@STER. That is all.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2014, 11:31:47 PM »
That's basically my opinion lololol

I may have things to whine about but I love it allllll.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2014, 12:11:29 AM »

That's basically my opinion lololol

I may have things to whine about but I love it allllll.

Same. Call it fanboyism or blind optimism, but it's hard for me to hate something in this franchise unless its an EXTREME f**kup.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

redhairedking

• View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2014, 07:24:24 PM »
Same. Call it fanboyism or blind optimism, but it's hard for me to hate something in this franchise unless its an EXTREME f**kup.

Based on what we've seen of the CG anime I think it will probably be fine. I'm not expecting anything amazing, but I think it will be enjoyable.

zaitcev

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2014, 09:01:11 AM »
Of course this also means not everyone will succeed.

It's nothing new as fans of Shinkan Shoujo know only too well. At least fans of Leon have some hope still left.

zaitcev

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2014, 09:04:28 AM »
First official PV (as in, with original animations, no rehashes)
The pilot had all the original animation too. It's referenced at the beginning of this thread in case you want to find it. I think most of it is going to end in the OP, while "the" PV that just came out is the in-episode material.

zaitcev

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2014, 09:08:34 AM »
There was a glass slipper in the PV. Do you think they'll explain why the franchise is called Cinderella Girls? Or have they already explained that?

Okay I see people didn't watch the pilot. There was a glass shoe in that one too, only falling into water rather than rolling out of a box. But also, IIRC, the pumpkin. More importantly, all the transformation sequences and other Cinderella things.

Note, however, that they got some of the mythology backwards from the fairy tale. In the pilot, girls transform into idols at the strike of the midnight, whereas in the fairy tale, Cinderella's transformation unrolled in the opposite direction. Not exactly sure what's up with that.

zaitcev

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2014, 09:14:50 AM »
I see that this thread only started in April, when the anime announcement was made. However, the pilot was rolled out in December. Back then, Mobage and Namco were pretending that anime wasn't happening and the video is just a tribute to the game with A-1 animation.

If you cannot find the video, I saved a few screencaps here:
 http://ani-nouto.animeblogger.net/2014/01/11/ims-cinderella-girls-pv/

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2014, 11:46:21 PM »
I do hope that the creators will follow the "Everyone is a main character" pattern... :(

And... I have a question: what is unique in Uzuki's personality? Every idol has something that differs her from the rest but Uzuki doesn't... In addition I have a feeling that she will get a lot of screen time but (almost) no character development...  :(
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 12:03:18 AM by liza94 »