Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion  (Read 116675 times)

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion
« on: April 22, 2014, 12:39:28 AM »
As we all know at this point, The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls is getting an anime set for the Winter Season of 2015.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/04/05-1/video-social-game-the-idolmster-cinderella-girls-gets-tv-anime-in-january-2015

I decided to make this topic as a way of discussing the anime, speculation, what we're excited for, what we're doubtful of, and episode discussions once the show airs.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 12:50:30 AM »
I'm really looking forward to seeing all the girls get more fleshed out in terms of characterization! I don't think all 30 characters with CDs will appear, but a few is more than nothing. Although, some characters will probably get shafted if it's like the original idolmaster anime, and some of my favorites probably won't appear at all.

I hope the New Generation girls don't hog the spotlight though. They just... Lack the appeal and charm of Haruka, Chihaya, and Miki?

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 12:54:50 AM »
I'm really looking forward to seeing all the girls get more fleshed out in terms of characterization! I don't think all 30 characters with CDs will appear, but a few is more than nothing. Although, some characters will probably get shafted if it's like the original idolmaster anime, and some of my favorites probably won't appear at all.

I hope the New Generation girls don't hog the spotlight though. They just... Lack the appeal and charm of Haruka, Chihaya, and Miki?

Well, like you said, this could be a great opportunity to flesh out the girls' characters here and it can also give some fans a LOT more exposure to Cinderella Girls as a result since an anime is 10x more accessible to people than a Japan-only mobile phone game.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 01:04:03 AM »
It'd be cool if a western CG fandom resulted in the game being opened up to "unverified users" (they mean gaijin), but I can't see it happening. Oh well, it's nice to think about.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 01:06:44 AM »
It'd be cool if a western CG fandom resulted in the game being opened up to "unverified users" (they mean gaijin), but I can't see it happening. Oh well, it's nice to think about.

Shiny Festa got ported to the iOS internationally and Puchim@s' first and second seasons are officially simulcast by Funimation for the US, so it could happen.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 09:37:16 AM »
i'd have preferred them to make an anime with the 876pro girls

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 06:59:14 PM »

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 07:15:09 PM »
Oh it's centered around New Generation.  That's fine by me.

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 08:52:51 PM »
Swore that Rin would be main heroine. Im sure she has a decent part however.

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 08:54:39 PM »
Uzuki's always been seen as the "protagonist" type, similar to how Haruka, Ai, and Mirai are.  Rin and Mio are in her unit though, so they'll get the biggest parts.  At this point I'm kinda expecting this to be similar to the New Generation manga.

RisingStar

• I'll do my best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2014, 09:56:01 PM »
Uzuki confirmed as Main CG.

http://zakitakubu.com/2014/04/26/the-idolmster-cinderella-girls-tv-anime-to-air-2015-and-shimamura-uzuki-to-be-main-heroine/

I am OK with this. Even though I don't think she'll get to show she's the real "heroine" with other popular CGs like Rin, Sachiko, and Ranko around.

Hopefully the anime focus on Uzuki (and Rin and Mio) + 2-3 other CGs an episode.

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2014, 10:12:35 PM »
I am OK with this. Even though I don't think she'll get to show she's the real "heroine" with other popular CGs like Rin, Sachiko, and Ranko around.

Hopefully the anime focus on Uzuki (and Rin and Mio) + 2-3 other CGs an episode.

Actually, I'd prefer focus. The last thing I want is them to run into the air time problem, where they have to force in character introductions and give everyone lines whether or not it drags things out or not. As much as I'd like certain characters to make an appearance, I don't want everyone else's development to suffer.

The New Generations manga was pretty light fare, and I'd like them to go a bit deeper into some of these characters.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2014, 10:28:43 PM »
Swore that Rin would be main heroine. Im sure she has a decent part however.
Uzuki's always been seen as the "protagonist" type, similar to how Haruka, Ai, and Mirai are.  Rin and Mio are in her unit though, so they'll get the biggest parts.  At this point I'm kinda expecting this to be similar to the New Generation manga.

To me, Uzuki is the protagonist, the main character. Rin is, more or less, the mascot of Cinderella Girls. Kinda like Pikachu in Pokemon. Its not the main character, but it is used as part of the marketing and is most recognizable when it comes to the game. And Mio is the lovable fan-favorite.

Actually, I'd prefer focus. The last thing I want is them to run into the air time problem, where they have to force in character introductions and give everyone lines whether or not it drags things out or not. As much as I'd like certain characters to make an appearance, I don't want everyone else's development to suffer.

The New Generations manga was pretty light fare, and I'd like them to go a bit deeper into some of these characters.

I would prefer if it were laid out more like either the New Generation or Rockin Girl manga. Have the main focus be on a main trio amd have other characters pop up during some major situations. As well as have about 3 or 4 girls that would appear often, but not as a main role. This does seem more logical in my eyes, as it prevents the overall narative from being a total cluterf**k.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 02:37:13 PM »
I'm totally okay with an Uzuki lead.

I hope we get Uzupaca BD specials.