puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER: SideM (mobage)  (Read 51594 times)

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
The iDOLM@STER: SideM (mobage)
« on: February 20, 2014, 09:54:22 AM »

Uh.......  So we're going to get a mobage under the iDOLM@STER label about producing male idols.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 09:57:18 AM by SakuraMaxX »

Clear Blue

• Producer
  • Omigosh!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The iDOLM@STER: SideM (mobage)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 01:25:40 PM »
Totally excited that this is finally happening. Any news about it?
"My name's Amagase Touma, A-ma-ga-se To-u-ma, got it?" - Amagase Touma

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 02:05:24 PM »
I'm just wondering what took them so long to make this. I know quite a number of people were asking for a game like this for a while now.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Clear Blue

• Producer
  • Omigosh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 03:10:29 PM »
When people searched it again...It was taken down for no reason. (Is this some sort of joke? 'Cause it's not funny.)

(Edit: This was originally to be revealed on Feb 23rd during the iM@S SSA Live. Oops, spoiled, I guess.)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 03:47:30 PM by Clear Blue »
"My name's Amagase Touma, A-ma-ga-se To-u-ma, got it?" - Amagase Touma

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 03:57:27 PM »
Don't you just love when games are leaked onto online stores before they're announced? I think Sonic Adventure 2 on 360 and PS3 had the same dilemma. X)!
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 05:50:00 PM »
I'm a little concerned honestly, I don't really like the fact that we're having a third mobile game under the iM@S label out there (I already didn't like having two), and I wonder if Namco is doing this only because they feel threatened by Ameba's "Boyfriend" and need to take a slice of that market.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 06:06:43 PM »
I'm a little concerned honestly, I don't really like the fact that we're having a third mobile game under the iM@S label out there (I already didn't like having two), and I wonder if Namco is doing this only because they feel threatened by Ameba's "Boyfriend" and need to take a slice of that market.
That's my beef with it as well... But as long as the mainstream iM@S is still receiving content, I'm not too worried. I'll get iffy around the mobile adaptions when they start meaning less console and handheld releases.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 06:59:10 PM »
That's my beef with it as well... But as long as the mainstream iM@S is still receiving content, I'm not too worried. I'll get iffy around the mobile adaptions when they start meaning less console and handheld releases.

I'm on the same fence, but I'm not too worried about that since Namco Bandai have been doing a good job of balancing out their priorities. Cinderella Girls and Million Live are updated regularly (once every two to three weeks, I believe), but at the same time, the main series is still getting its attention with the recent movie, One for All coming out in a few months, and that PS4 game that's currently in development. When it comes to SideM, I'm more worried about a few of the game's details, like:

-What agency is gonna be represented? Is it gonna be 765Pro again or a brand new agency? Can't be 961Pro, since Jupiter defected from that agency back in 2 and the anime. I say this because Touma is right there as the sort of poster boy for the game.
-Will it be like Million Live where the game's roster is static or will there be constant new characters added like in Cinderella Girls? Also, will every character have a voice by default or will they have to earn a voice through sheer popularity?
-Will Ryo be in this game in any way, shape, or form!?
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 07:18:50 PM »
Won't be surprised if it's like CG in the sense that the idols aren't affiliated to a canonical production, but instead belong to the player-owned studios who then join up to form player-made productions.

Chance4U

• All for one, and two for tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 07:27:25 PM »
I'm just wondering what took them so long to make this. I know quite a number of people were asking for a game like this for a while now.

...Really? If that's true, it makes me feel a lot better... The reception Jupiter got originally made me worry about this attempt...

And I swear if there are "over 100 idols to produce", I'm going to pass out from sheer number of wiki pages.
"An idol's job is to carry everybody's dreams. They're supposed to use song and dance to make people happy. When the famous idols I know appear on TV or do concerts... That alone makes the audiences watching them smile. THAT'S WHY I WANT TO BE AN IDOL TOO..."
   - Ai Hidaka, THE IDOLM@STER DEARLY STARS Splash Red

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 07:34:46 PM »
I honestly thought it was 765Pro, since the original 13 idols from 2 are in the game as obtainable cards in Cinderella Girls that are updated once in a blue moon.

...Really? If that's true, it makes me feel a lot better... The reception Jupiter got originally made me worry about this attempt...

And I swear if there are "over 100 idols to produce", I'm going to pass out from sheer number of wiki pages.

I heard of requests back when around the first game and Live For You were out. i think people wanted a completely separate game where you produce boys, not a group of a**holes who stomp on your self-esteem every chance they get.

Disclaimer: I like Jupiter, but even I call out when characters are being dicks.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 08:07:05 PM »
Oh my GOD! I am so excited for this! It's only a mobile game but it's a start!

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 08:10:07 PM »

You could have stopped this.

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 10:48:49 PM »
Now here's the big question: Will Ryo be in this?

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 10:56:33 PM »
Now here's the big question: Will Ryo be in this?

It'd make no sense NOT to have him in this game! Him and Jupiter are the only male idols worth anything in this series.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator