puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: iM@S Channel  (Read 8884 times)

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: iM@S Channel
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2013, 07:44:45 PM »
Took me forever to figure out how to play G4U after playing Shiny TV since the controls in G4U are Western if you're playing on a Western PS3. ^_^;;;

BunnyState

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2013, 05:42:35 AM »
Just a quick question: what exactly unlocks when you get a character to A Rank in Shiny@TV? My Japanese isn't that great but I can make out "Icon," but what exactly are these used for and where can you access them? Are they Avatars for your PSN account or something?

Paru

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2013, 10:27:33 PM »
I'm also curious about the rewards for idol ranks. I recently S ranked Haruka and am curious as to what's in it for me. LOL

Hinatax01

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2013, 01:57:38 PM »
I'm pretty sure you just unlock different note skins.

Nothing really huge, but at least it's something.

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2013, 05:00:42 PM »
Would anymore more proficient in moon than I like to tell me what the news item was today? Something about a login special promotion for navi costumes for all thirteen girls. Was it just saying that it started? I didn't get anything today, so...

The kanji at the end is lost on me.

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2013, 10:27:40 PM »
Apparently it just starts today. Got an outfit for like 5-6 characters.

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2014, 01:28:04 AM »
I hadn't checked the JP PSN in a long time and totally missed all this. It appears though that all the G4U are only 1500 yen through the channel... am I reading that right? It seems too good to be true.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 01:33:09 AM by DereDereAngel »

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2014, 01:24:35 PM »
It's true. IIRC, the first volume is actually cheaper than that. (600 or something? I forget. It's probably in the topic somewhere.) I think volume 9 is still not out yet, but the others all are.

I had some control issues with the demo version of the first volume compared to the actual retail versions of G4U, though. Circle seemed to be both confirm and cancel on an NA system and it was causing some weird problems for me. That doesn't happen on my G4U1 disc.

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2014, 02:35:25 AM »
I think you're right, I noticed the same thing on the demo. I couldn't quit, since it tried to quit and select a mode at the same time!

Would changing PS3 system language to JP fi the control issue?

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2014, 02:56:02 AM »
I think you're right, I noticed the same thing on the demo. I couldn't quit, since it tried to quit and select a mode at the same time!

Would changing PS3 system language to JP fi the control issue?
Pretty sure that doesn't help any as that problem has to do with controls instead of language.

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2014, 02:57:24 AM »
As far as Accept/Cancel bindings, the PS3 usually piggybacks on whatever your hardware was designed for. So, when you plug in a Japanese game into an American PS3, Cancel is O and Accept is X. If you plug an American game into a Japanese PS3, it's the other way around.

Based on what I'm hearing, it could be that the demo controls only takes the system's cancel button, and for some reason sets its own accept button to Circle. Which means, short of changing your hardware (i.e. buying another PS3), there's no way to get around this. This also makes me curious to know if there's button configuration in G4U (since... I guess I can't think of any other place it could be coming from, except for plain hardcoding).

I don't think changing language should have any effect, but since it's really simple to do, you can still try it.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2014, 02:58:28 PM »
As far as Accept/Cancel bindings, the PS3 usually piggybacks on whatever your hardware was designed for. So, when you plug in a Japanese game into an American PS3, Cancel is O and Accept is X. If you plug an American game into a Japanese PS3, it's the other way around.

Based on what I'm hearing, it could be that the demo controls only takes the system's cancel button, and for some reason sets its own accept button to Circle. Which means, short of changing your hardware (i.e. buying another PS3), there's no way to get around this. This also makes me curious to know if there's button configuration in G4U (since... I guess I can't think of any other place it could be coming from, except for plain hardcoding).
What's odd about this situation is I've played both American and Japanese games on my PS3 and G4U's iM@S Channel version is the only one I've had with this problem. The disk version works okay however. If I remember correctly it depends on the game on what X and O will do. For example idolmaster 2 uses X as accept and O as cancel like here, but Shiny TV uses O as accept and X as cancel.

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2014, 12:01:27 AM »
What's odd about this situation is I've played both American and Japanese games on my PS3 and G4U's iM@S Channel version is the only one I've had with this problem.

Same, I have tons of imports for PS3, PSP, Vita, 360, and DS, and iM@S Channel G4U is the only thing that has ever done this. Disc G4U isn't a problem.

Some games will say Circle is confirm and X is cancel but use the International selection options because I have an NA console. Some will just force Japanese selection on you. This is the oddball that seems to want to do both at the same time.