Username: Password:

Author Topic: Things you want in a future installment  (Read 13803 times)

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
Re: Things you want in a future installment
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 06:45:51 PM »
so your reasoning behind why you want it on XBox with region lock is because you can play it and the majority of us can't?

Sure. ( ゚∀゚)

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 08:30:18 PM »
Sure. ( ゚∀゚)

Hipster, the weaboos can't read JP anyway

Problem with another 360 release is the loading times, quality, availability of DLC, multiple disk issues....etc.

Source: Owns both. Likes 1 better, but ps3's lack of load times and piggybacking controls is nifty
Which BTW makes it uncomfortable for Japanese people to play on an American ps3 because of this.

darkarn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 08:50:58 PM »
Hipster, the weaboos can't read JP anyway

Problem with another 360 release is the loading times, quality, availability of DLC, multiple disk issues....etc.

Source: Owns both. Likes 1 better, but ps3's lack of load times and piggybacking controls is nifty
Which BTW makes it uncomfortable for Japanese people to play on an American ps3 because of this.

...multiple disk issues?

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 11:38:17 PM »
and i feel like the PS3 has longer loading times than the XBox. Additionally, the XBox controller is much more comfortable.

But due to (mostly) missing region locking the PS3 still wins.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 01:44:02 AM »
...multiple disk issues?

If they were to make the game any bigger mean...I hate multi disk games

darkarn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 04:43:38 AM »
If they were to make the game any bigger mean...I hate multi disk games

Ah I see... Those multi-disk games are pretty old school by the way (sweat)

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 05:01:25 AM »
So if I understand correctly, there are Idolmaster hipsters.  ._.

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 05:17:38 AM »
I can definitely understand being upset about the whole loyalty issues and having to import a console only to have it released region free for another console and with more features later, but having a simultaneous release for all consoles all with the exact same content seems fair to me. But then again Scamco isn't exactly about fairness.

Also I added one more thing to my wishlist on the first post. One of the major flaws of the animation in the game is the lip sync (or lack thereof). It's always bugged me. The lip sync was great in Shiny Festa (especially in Yakusoku), hopefully iM@S 3 will have lip sync that's just as good if not better.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 09:49:25 PM by ninjamitsuki »

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 01:24:47 PM »
Eh, I don't get the loyalty thing. You're talking about a niche series on the absolute most niche system in Japan which sells like hot garbage. It's practically suicide to be dedicated to it. iM@S did well, but clearly not well enough to sustain itself on just that system. If Namco felt like they needed to move it to keep the series successful, then the alternative was likely for the series to stop existing, at least as a console brand.

Additionally, the XBox controller is much more comfortable.

See, I've always like Dualshocks the best. I've never liked any of the Xbox controllers (for a number of reasons I won't get into because it would take too long).

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 11:55:25 PM »
Frankly, i hate xbox controllers. the layout is such a massive pain to me, but I grew up with the dualshock controllers so I guess it's force of habbit

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2013, 05:14:55 AM »
Okay, yeah I enjoyed Im@s2, but there are parts of it that just kinda... I dunno.

I mean, how many new songs did we get? Like... four? Maybe five or six if you hopped on the PS3 wagon? Something's gotta be done about this - even Im@s SP, a remake, got an extra song per idol and a new production song. Is it really too much to ask a full blown sequel to get the same?

The narrative could've also been a little deeper and not as formulaic, I think... and despite thinking about it, I've never been able to find any technical justification for why they excluded four idols from the main game. I mean, the only reason I can think of is that it didn't fit the plotline 'cause they wanted someone to fall... in which case I have to suggest to them: CHANGE THE PLOTLINE. Bonus points if they do that for each character.

... Either way, whatever comes next, comes next. Namco can hit me with an entirely new cast for Im@s3 and I'd be fine with it. Or, at least I think I will.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 05:19:12 AM by Cael K. »
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2013, 05:42:45 AM »
The reason why they had to exclude Iori and Azusa were because their seiyuus were booked and couldn't do most of the recordings. And doing two separate routes for both Ami and Mami would be expensive.

I still don't know why they left out Ritsuko, though.

And I would actually love an entirely new cast even if that's an unpopular opinion. I love all of our current idols but the idea of all brand new characters in a main installment sounds incredibly exciting. Hopefully there could be a way to have a new cast with the main series gameplay as well as keeping the old idols. Perhaps different "versions"?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 05:45:49 AM by ninjamitsuki »

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2013, 05:44:08 AM »
The reason why they had to exclude Iori and Azusa were because their seiyuus were booked and couldn't do most of the recordings. And doing two separate routes for both Ami and Mami would be expensive.

Source?

Not sure how possible I feel this is myself - aren't these things usually planned way in advance?
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

darkarn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2013, 07:56:06 AM »

I still don't know why they left out Ritsuko, though.

And I would actually love an entirely new cast even if that's an unpopular opinion. I love all of our current idols but the idea of all brand new characters in a main installment sounds incredibly exciting. Hopefully there could be a way to have a new cast with the main series gameplay as well as keeping the old idols. Perhaps different "versions"?

THIS. But then again, given her backstory of wanting to be a manager/producer rather than a full-fledged idol, combined with Azusa and Iori's unavailability of sorts, NBGI must have seen this as a good chance of turning her into a producer and making RK...

Zerorush

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2013, 10:39:21 PM »
Definitely want more in the gameplay department.

A music rhythm game during performances (NOT the simple beat focused crap in im@s2) would really help and allow us to actually produce the songs we want, not just the fastest ones.

I REALLY want to see more from the actual producing side of things from this series. Let me actually manage the idol's careers and be more involved. Deciding what kinds of jobs they take and how much of their career they dedicate into a certain field such as seiyuu work or movie acting, scheduling fan meets to keep their popularity up and getting to customize stages and arenas for performances. Im@s could have a really cool sim aspect to it if they focused on it.