Username: Password:

Author Topic: Things you want in a future installment  (Read 11973 times)

DarkMorford

• Greenhorn
  • なんくるないさー!
    • View Profile
Re: Things you want in a future installment
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2013, 06:51:37 AM »
Puchis!

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2013, 09:02:11 AM »
A music rhythm game during performances (NOT the simple beat focused crap in im@s2) would really help and allow us to actually produce the songs we want, not just the fastest ones.

Those are 2 entirely different things. They could simply divide all scoring stuff (including combo bonus and multiplier decay rate) with the number of beats a song has, maybe multiply the base score by 200 or so and the problem would basically be solved. Yes there are still some issues concerning bursts, but if you think a bit about it i'm sure this can be solved as well, and even if not, the issue would only be minor and only affect festivals.

But yes, some more involvement during the song would be nice.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2013, 07:19:20 PM »
I think the problem here is two conflicting interests that Namco cannot make coexist.
Either we get a really good rhythm game pssh yeah right it's Namco Bandai we're talking about  or a really good sim game.

Roswell

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2013, 09:12:32 PM »
I think the problem here is two conflicting interests that Namco cannot make coexist.
Either we get a really good rhythm game pssh yeah right it's Namco Bandai we're talking about  or a really good sim game.

It doesn't have to be a full blown rhythm game like SF, but could definitely be a little more involving than what we got in 2.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2013, 11:09:41 PM »
It doesn't have to be a full blown rhythm game like SF, but could definitely be a little more involving than what we got in 2.

iDOLM@STER 1 was pretty decent.

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2013, 12:01:05 AM »
iDOLM@STER 1 was pretty decent.

Though it was geared more for versus play than single-player play, I still agree. I can see why they went to what they did for Im@s2.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2013, 09:21:08 AM »
Came up with another idea:

Remasters of the arcade songs!

I would love for all of the arcade songs to come back, provided that they are remastered. The seiyuu have improved tremendously since the arcade version, and the quality of the songs has improved, too. The arcade songs sound flat and synthetic compared to newer songs, but are still great songs. It would be nice to have the original arcade songs have a bit of a makeover. Re-recorded, and with better sounding instruments.

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2013, 10:21:25 AM »
Came up with another idea:

Remasters of the arcade songs!

I would love for all of the arcade songs to come back, provided that they are remastered. The seiyuu have improved tremendously since the arcade version, and the quality of the songs has improved, too. The arcade songs sound flat and synthetic compared to newer songs, but are still great songs. It would be nice to have the original arcade songs have a bit of a makeover. Re-recorded, and with better sounding instruments.

Wow, it's really a good idea, I agree with you!

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2013, 08:51:52 AM »
Better training mini-games (or ditching them for something else entirely), more detailed routes, conversations between idols when they're off the clock (think Animal Crossing or Fire Emblem: Awakening).

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2013, 10:41:08 AM »
Oh, I'd love an feature similar to the Barrack in FE:A. Great idea!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 08:29:48 AM by ninjamitsuki »

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2013, 06:44:16 AM »
Oh, I'd love an feature similar to the Barrack in FE:A.

We'd call it the "jimusho".

Notewell

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2013, 08:33:17 AM »
Better training mini-games (or ditching them for something else entirely), more detailed routes, conversations between idols when they're off the clock (think Animal Crossing or Fire Emblem: Awakening).

Yes, I want supports for the idols! And marriage at S ranks have them raise or lower stats like training does, depending on the level of relationship achieved between the idols.

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2013, 08:54:04 AM »
I had a weird idea that probably is not even the job of a producer but someone else entirely...

I kind of want to be in charge of marketing the idols, or have a marketing feature. And also being in complete control of your schedule. Basically complete control over what kind of promotions you do (said promotions will still have the usual communication event) and what you will put in your schedule each week instead of choosing presets. Who do you want your fans to be? What kind of promotions will you hold? Will your idols guest star in TV, and if so, what kind of shows? What kind of products will your unit endorse? How can you convince the public your unit is worth their attention? What is the selling point of each idol? And what kinda merchandise will you be selling?

You can maybe make your own commercials for product endorsements and upcoming events and singles. The endorsements will have certain presets and each idol will do each preset differently. When you advertise events or upcoming singles, you can use clips of music videos and put together a video. You could also use the g4u mode to make print ads and of course, gravure.

And your marketing could affect the idols as well as the general public. Haruka might love the handshake events you planned, but is Chihaya getting enough singing in her career? And marketing Makoto to girls might rake in the dough, but is Makoto truly happy with that decision? Of course money would have to be more important than in 2 for this to matter.

And maybe with free schedule control, could come multitasking. Miki and Hibiki could tackle a duet live while Takane stars in a toothpaste commercial (of course there would be ridiculous/funny options like that) in the same week.

But of course, marketing could be completely optional and you could just leave the marketing and planning up to the marketing people and have them choose for you (giving you a choice of presets like previous games), or you could choose to change the marketing and event planning yourself at any time. We already have complete control over the music videos, it would be awesome to have complete control over the other aspects of the idol business.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 07:30:47 AM by ninjamitsuki »

Neko-P

• Just another fan. Sort of.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2013, 09:10:19 AM »
I've always kinda wanted a "Music Video" event to be in the game. I don't know how it would work, though; would every song have a preset video, with the actions of the "story" segments of the video determined by unit placement? Or would the actions be idol-specific? I'll use Little Match Girl as an example of what I mean...

Placement route:
Little Match Girl might start with Leader walking on a snowy street, clutching her hand to her chest as if protecting something. Cut to Second shivering next to a make-shift fire. Cut to Third looking at the lit match she's holding as she leans against a building. Then you cut to the dance segment once the main vocals start.

Character route:
Haruka will be seen walking down the snowy street from above, but the place at which that cut happens changes depending on her placement. Meanwhile, Yukiho might be kneeling against a wall, trying to sell matches to the passersby. Then you might cut to Hibiki staring in a warm window, followed by a close-up on her breath, then cut to dance. If Haruka is leader, hers will play first of the three, then follow the order.

Alternatively (Character Route B, I guess) there'd be a priority system or something, so that, whenever Yukiho is in the group, her match-selling segment will always be played when they mention the eponymous Little Match Girl. (Not sure that would work given the timing of the backing vocals for that song, but work with me.) Then, they might have so-and-so many others who'd have lesser priority for that specific spot. It'd be complicated, though, so I'm not sure it'd be doable.

Also alternatively (Character C, apparently) the player would be able to pick the order of the "story" segments, and how long they run, a la the lyric choosing in L4U!.

On that note, the choosing of lyrics should return for the next game. Some dances might be weirder, but a lot of them are seriously Leader-biased, and I like my units to be more than Leader-and-backup-dancers. (Also would let you balance out for quintets.)