Username: Password:

Author Topic: Things you want in a future installment  (Read 13517 times)

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
Things you want in a future installment
« on: April 01, 2013, 07:30:29 AM »
Judging by the way DLC has been handled lately, it might be that iDOLM@STER 2 is nearing its end and a new installment is on its way...

So which features do you want to see appear/make a comeback?

Here's mine:

1: The return of picking which idol sings which line like in Live For You
2: Azusa to grow her hair back
3: The ability to let each idol wear a different costume/accessories.
4: The option to be a female producer.
5: The return of free produce mode/sandbox mode
6: More idols!
7: Quartets.
8: Better lip sync
9: A green screen stage!
10: More ways for idols to interact with each other. For instance, if you put Iori and Miki in the same unit they will bicker and you can do communications with multiple idols at once to boost affinities. I basically want much more focus on the communication between the idols.
11: All the idols have different shoes in the main three outfits! The fact that they always have the same shoes bothers me for some reason.
12: Remasters of the arcade songs, re-recorded and remastered instruments.
13: Marketing and complete control over promotions (see page 3 for detailed description), which could include integration of g4u into the main game.
14: PV creation tool/dance edit mode.
15: Hopefully no region locking.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 04:44:06 AM by ninjamitsuki »

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
Re: Things you want in a future installment
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 04:28:03 PM »
The fun part is that there are people who will agree with me when I say Xbox 360 and region locking.  Oh right and none of the numerous cases of bullshit iM@S 2 had.

Benpc91

• View Profile
    • IMMWS
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 05:12:53 PM »
3: The ability to let each idol wear a different costume/accessories.
This is what I was waiting for in iM@S 2.  It's something so simple, yet we still don't have it.
Oh right and none of the numerous cases of bullshit iM@S 2 had.
That was really funny looking back on it.  Hopefully Namco doesn't screw up big time like that again.

The iDOLM@STER MAD World Service
The Gentlemen's Guide to THE iDOLM@STER

blake307

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 08:06:27 PM »
1. Better stories since most of the routes in im@s 2 were pretty weak. (With Yukiho's and Mami's being an exception)
2. None of those stupid forced loss events.
3. More Idols perhaps
4. An option for a 5 idol unit.
5. Less repetitive gameplay

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 08:11:25 PM »
2. None of those stupid forced loss events.

This.
Most annoying part of 2. Especially when I was destroying them until the force loss.

I liked 1's gameplay better so something more like that please.
The fun part is that there are people who will agree with me when I say Xbox 360 and region locking.  Oh right and none of the numerous cases of bullshit iM@S 2 had.

As long as we don't have these bullshit loyalty issues, why not.

Neko-P

• Just another fan. Sort of.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 12:05:32 AM »
1. The "Picking who sings what line" thing from L4U
2. The ability to choose the number of idols for your story unit (From Solo-Quintet)
3. More idol interactions in the story; Maybe limited to two idols interacting at a time, with all members of a unit less full-on interacting and more chiming in during Story things. (Just a thought; since I can't play the games, it doesn't bother me as much)
4. Different voice tracks for Mami and Ami; maybe have one as slightly deeper than the other, or different pronunciations, or...?
5. More rivals. Jupiter's cool, as are 876, but the latter is DLC-only, and you only face Jupiter in story missions; otherwise, you face 765 idols only, which I find odd.
6. More "Default" costume types to recolor: maybe a spiritual successor to Punkish Gothic that shares colors across idols? Or... Well, I can't think of much else, but I'm probably just not thinking too hard.
7. More songs that come with the game; the arcade songs should have been in 2, as well as all of the 360 songs. (I mean, why add Go My Way!, relations, and My Best Friend, but not Massugu, Omoide wa Arigatou, and Watashi wa Idol?)
8. Yumeko and Cineria to be ACTUALLY SEEN in 3D MODELS with ACTUAL SONGS. I mean, Cineria's even in the Top 100 (maybe even Top 50...?) in 2!

9(?). A prequel game with Kotori and Mai, as well as one other character. (Not Reiko, as riola is kinda already canon, but they should be a rival.) Maybe one of the older CGirls, like Takahashi Reiko or Kawashima Mizuki. At the very least, I wanna hear Mai's version of ALIVE.

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 12:29:52 AM »
Yeah, I would love for the rivals from Dearly Stars to be producable and maybe some Cinderella Girls.

Judging by how Million Live was received, I think for there to be new idols they'd need to "earn" their way into 765. For instance 876 and Project Fairy were well received because they were spinoffs/rivals at first. I guess...

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 02:48:04 AM »
I really want all the DS idols to either join the mian cast or get their own game, including cinera and yumeko. all this talent is just going to waste over here. Also, more than one outfit at a time. C'mon scamco I know it's possible.

Chance4U

• All for one, and two for tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 03:33:02 AM »
1) It would be amazing if the 876 cast came back for a new game, especially if a quintet could be made with Ai, Eri, Ryo, Yumeko, and Cineria. I'd buy the game just for 876PRO alone...
2) I wouldn't mind Jupiter being produced actually... It'd be really fun to put them and Ryo onstage together. Maybe Makoto too... Doubt it'll happen though...
3) Both old and new default costumes. CUTE, COSMIC and COOL were really great, but we never saw Takane's or Hibiki's in game. STARRY, COSMIC and COOL were also sweet, but 876PRO got stuck in their old default costumes.
4) The option for Quartets and Quintets.
5) Past songs in general... (Poor "Matane"...)
6) For idols to wear different costumes onstage.
7) More Ritsuko and Kotori.
"An idol's job is to carry everybody's dreams. They're supposed to use song and dance to make people happy. When the famous idols I know appear on TV or do concerts... That alone makes the audiences watching them smile. THAT'S WHY I WANT TO BE AN IDOL TOO..."
   - Ai Hidaka, THE IDOLM@STER DEARLY STARS Splash Red

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 04:35:31 AM »
Honestly this might be an unpopular opinion on the subject, but I would like it if Jupiter and "natural" Ryo were to get their own game with some new male idols, and leave the girls to their game.  Ryo wanted to be a male idol popular with girls from the get-go and dammit, I want him to be happy. If in the off chance there is ever  a male/"girl's side" game, I want Ryo to shine as a male idol, not a crossdresser. :) I actually made a tumblr post about the subject of a game like that and speculating how the heck the stats and outfits would work if they were all guys.

And I too want more Kotori. Considering that Hibiki and Takane magically became a part of 765 in 2, there's no thing saying that Kotori can't magically become an idol even if she's a bit old for it. She has a great voice. I would even be happy if Kotori wasn't an idol but had more speaking parts, at least.

Unlikely as it is, I would like Reiko to get a more major role, as I love Yuu Asakawa. The idea of a prequel starring retired idols and older Cinderella Girls does sound intriguing.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:43:24 AM by ninjamitsuki »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 08:53:16 AM »
The fun part is that there are people who will agree with me when I say Xbox 360 and region locking.

Care to explain the reasoning behind this?

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 12:58:46 PM »
The fun part is that there are people who will agree with me when I say Xbox 360 and region locking.

I would love to know who these people are.

I need to know how much rope and how many chairs I need to lock you all up in the basement.

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 03:16:10 PM »

I may never know who this anon is, but yeah. ( ゚∀゚)

Also iM@S 2 moving to PS3 brought up issues with Xbox 360 players, specifically loyalty issues.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 04:20:05 PM »
so your reasoning behind why you want it on XBox with region lock is because you can play it and the majority of us can't?

Or was that "the fun part is that there are people who will agree with me when I say Xbox 360 and region locking" just a hypothetical answer?

darkarn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 05:28:36 PM »
My main gripe with iM@S2 (even though I am still working towards getting that + a console) is that I can't produce Ritsuko :(

(Yes yes, being able to play using her in Shiny Festa help to ease that a little but still...)