Username: Password:

Author Topic: Which Console to Start iM@S: PS3 or Xbox360?  (Read 6180 times)

darkarn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Which Console to Start iM@S: PS3 or Xbox360?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 07:05:15 AM »
Getting the DLCs on Xbox 360 involves getting a Japanese Microsoft account (easy) and buying a Japanese Microsoft Points card from whoever sells them.  I think PS3 DLC is more or less the same.

I think getting those cards will be the tough one :(

And oh ya, how about save files? I *might* be able to borrow someone's Xbox360 to play until I get my own...

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 07:15:34 AM »
Make an Xbox Live account and use Cloud Sync or a spare flash drive to save data on.  You should be able to save and transfer data that way.

darkarn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2013, 07:35:43 AM »
Make an Xbox Live account and use Cloud Sync or a spare flash drive to save data on.  You should be able to save and transfer data that way.

Ah I see... I take it that you don't have to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold/Silver for this to work right?

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2013, 03:18:42 PM »
You need a Gold account for Cloud Saved Games, but if you just want to use a spare USB flash drive to save game data on, that will work without needing an account.  I do recommend at least getting a free Xbox Live Silver account just so you can have access to social features and the ability to purchase DLC (I personally have a primary Gold American account that I play my games on and a secondary Silver Japanese account to purchase things on)

darkarn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2013, 02:07:21 AM »
You need a Gold account for Cloud Saved Games, but if you just want to use a spare USB flash drive to save game data on, that will work without needing an account.  I do recommend at least getting a free Xbox Live Silver account just so you can have access to social features and the ability to purchase DLC (I personally have a primary Gold American account that I play my games on and a secondary Silver Japanese account to purchase things on)

Ah I see... Same case as in PS3?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 03:19:01 AM by darkarn »

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 01:06:04 PM »
Ah I see... Same case as in PS3?

The PS3 doesn't charge you for an account - You still need to sign up though, and is required to purchase DLC with.

If you want access to cloud saving, you will need to have a Plus subscription, then you can load to/from the cloud. As with the Xbox 360, you can copy your save and then reload it if things go south, although I've not tried it.

So they're more or less similar, these days, except the Xbox 360 charges for online multiplayer access, and the PS3 doesn't.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

darkarn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013, 07:00:03 PM »
The PS3 doesn't charge you for an account - You still need to sign up though, and is required to purchase DLC with.

If you want access to cloud saving, you will need to have a Plus subscription, then you can load to/from the cloud. As with the Xbox 360, you can copy your save and then reload it if things go south, although I've not tried it.

So they're more or less similar, these days, except the Xbox 360 charges for online multiplayer access, and the PS3 doesn't.

I see... How about using USB devices for saving the save games and DLCs? (I understand there's is some kind of limit for Xbox360 but I am quite confused) Asking this part as the price jump between the different capacities is pretty huge...

EDIT: Ok, did some checks and found the Xbox360 to be more flexible in this (can shift DLCs unlike the PS3...?). How big are the DLCs usually (or rather, will a 32GB thumbdrive cut it?)?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 06:43:29 AM by darkarn »

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 04:18:30 AM »
Hey not sure if you still are wondering which to buy, but if you're going to get it off Amazon, I was able to find a way to talk to sellers about shipping to America if you buy off jp

darkarn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2013, 07:13:17 AM »
Hey not sure if you still are wondering which to buy, but if you're going to get it off Amazon, I was able to find a way to talk to sellers about shipping to America if you buy off jp

I live in Singapore though (most probably getting the Xbox360... but one final hurdle is getting a copy that guarantee LMG, really liked the song that much)  :D

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2013, 03:47:09 PM »
It might be even easier to get it to you then since you're located in Asia. ^_^

darkarn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2013, 04:06:39 PM »
It might be even easier to get it to you then since you're located in Asia. ^_^

Yep, but only problem now then is to see whether I can get my hands on that DLC :O

darkarn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 09:57:45 PM »
Ok, did some tests with my new 32GB thumbdrive about DLCs; 32GB should be fine but I need some space to hold other stuff and did not expect the Xbox360 to write dummy data such that it will take up all 32GB of space in the thumbdrive... :X

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2013, 11:18:49 PM »
Xbox will reserve all 32gb of the flash drive for storage of save data, DLCs, and whatever else you want to put on it.  So I take it this means you already bought the Xbox?  Congratulations.

darkarn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2013, 04:57:09 AM »
I did not get the Xbox or the game (yet, got some cashflow issues now...  :'( ); it was a borrowed set 8)