Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Idolm@ster (Mana) manga  (Read 3374 times)

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
The Idolm@ster (Mana) manga
« on: December 23, 2012, 12:28:35 AM »
MyAnimeList link

From what I've read so far, the authors seem to consider the personality of each of the characters as established by the games and the anime, and they're just putting the characters in new situations. I think that strategy can only work for so long. An exception is that, in this manga, Haruka has a crush on the producer; which, in my opinion, is out of character (my opinion, however, is somewhat uninformed because I've only watched videos of people playing the games; I haven't played them myself). I'd like to see new traits in everyone, but nothing OOC. It can be done: for example, we didn't know that Iori told ghost stories before the anime (right?), and that trait suited her perfectly.

That one complaint aside, it's nice to see more of what happened between the scenes in the anime. Also, why is it called Mana?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 07:55:38 AM by altuixde »

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Mana manga
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 07:07:27 PM »
An exception is that, in this manga, Haruka has a crush on the producer; which, in my opinion, is out of character (my opinion

That one complaint aside, it's nice to see more of what happened between the scenes in the anime. Also, why is it called Mana?

That is unbelievably, completely, and entirely in character (citing iDOLM@STER 1's best ending) .

Also. I agree. Why the hell is it called Mana? Isn't that some kind of...MP type thing?

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 10:23:20 PM »
I stand corrected. :)

pichupal

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 11:36:35 PM »
The link doesn't mention it, but the artist is called 'Mana'.

It's only there to separate it from other Idolmaster manga from the same title.

Bro

• Found Melan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 09:55:12 PM »
I thought the idea was fine! At least, I like Producer as... Producer, and it's essentially more anime in manga form. Like a thid season! There can't be anything wrong with that. (Though I don't really like Haruka as having a crush on the producer...)
Also, the newest chapter picks up from that Vampire Girl advertisement we see in the opening sequence for the anime, which is great.
HIBIKI PRIDE 2013

[4:15:39 PM] MooMoo: i think nonowa's cute tho
[4:15:59 PM] MooMoo: i bet if she was real she'd feel like a ballon full of warm water

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: The Idolm@ster (Mana) manga
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 08:03:26 AM »
Just finished reading Hibiki's and the twins' chapters. I wonder why Ami and Mami never switched places in the anime. Did they ever do that in the games? Hibiki's was good too, with her taking a role that was outside her comfort zone.

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 02:10:05 PM »
I wonder why Ami and Mami never switched places in the anime. Did they ever do that in the games?.

I can't speak from experience, but I believe that was extremely common in the first game. I don't think it happened in 2, but I haven't exactly gotten around to Mami's route yet. I know it doesn't in Ami's (brief) scenario. Not sure how the SP games handled it.

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 01:55:32 AM »
I've got a question: does the "To the Other Side of the Sparkle!" chapter contain spoilers from the movie? I'm not sure if I should read it yet because of possible spoilers, since the chapter's title sounds a lot like (or exactly the same as?) the title of the movie.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 08:42:53 PM »
I've got a question: does the "To the Other Side of the Sparkle!" chapter contain spoilers from the movie? I'm not sure if I should read it yet because of possible spoilers, since the chapter's title sounds a lot like (or exactly the same as?) the title of the movie.

This took a while because the scanlation JUST came out, but, no. There are 100% no spoilers to the movie. In fact, the chapter serves as a prequel to the movie and nothing more.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 08:58:55 PM by MetalPredat0r »
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 08:46:03 PM »
Thanks! I'll read it later today then. :D

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 08:35:41 AM »
(Yes, I know.  Necroposting.  But, I don't think anyone cares at this point).

They're releasing the last volume (vol 6) of the Idolm@ster Mana (manga based on the anime). 

http://imasnews765.com/?p=15504

Just curious, does anyone know what's special about the special edition?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 08:39:43 AM by mariokirby »