Username: Password:

Author Topic: Platinum Trophy for The Idolm@ster 2  (Read 1823 times)

GeN

• Greenhorn
  • I am GeN the Idolmaster!
    • View Profile
Platinum Trophy for The Idolm@ster 2
« on: December 01, 2012, 03:22:39 AM »
I'm currently working my way through to get the prestigious Platinum Trophy. Did anybody here attained that? I have most of the trophies already which leads to a few left more to go.
Here are the trophies left to go:
- Platinum Trophy (durrr)
- Producer ranking 8,9 and 10
- Hibiki and Me
- 765 Pro and me
- Cream Award
Im currently a level 7 producer (complete with silver business card), and i have just started to produce hibiki to get the 'Hibiki and me', '765 Pro and me' and the 'Cream Award'. In the idolm@ster 2 strategy site, under the 'Producer Assesment and Rank' category, I got confused on how exactly I need to level up my rank to 9 and 10. So, with my Hibiki playthrough, im doin it on HYPER for the first time and try to go along with the guide already provided there. I think this HYPER playthrough is gonna be the most toughest. If anybody else got pointers for HYPER mode, reply and comment, it'll be most helpful.

blake307

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Platinum Trophy for The Idolm@ster 2
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 05:26:22 AM »
I have the plat for this game so here is some tips I can give you

All I should say is make sure you have at least 450,000-500,000 yen or more and some good costumes and amulets if you are planning on doing a hyper mode run. From my experience Hyper mode isn't all that difficult but can be kind of annoying when going for S Rank since you need a break for one of your CDs to reach one of the requirements for S Rank which is reach #1 in CD sales. What I would do in the later weeks of 42-53 is try to get break on one of your CDs and if you don't quit the game and try again until you get it.  I would also recommend getting the max of five burst appeals from communication events and story events as festivals are slightly more difficult on Hyper. Otherwise you might have some difficulty with those. Anyway, that's all I can suggest from here. I hope this helps a bit and I wish you the best of luck on your Hyper run.  :)

GeN

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 06:24:13 AM »
thanks for the tips. ill keep those in mind while going through it. i started with around 210,000+ money (i couldve had 500,000 but spent it on a expensive costume in my previous normal playthrough), i have the main three amulets that greatly decreases the decay of Vi,Da and Vo. how do you exactly get a 'break' for a song? and also, how can you tell if you have one in your song?

blake307

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 07:04:06 AM »
thanks for the tips. ill keep those in mind while going through it. i started with around 210,000+ money (i couldve had 500,000 but spent it on a expensive costume in my previous normal playthrough), i have the main three amulets that greatly decreases the decay of Vi,Da and Vo. how do you exactly get a 'break' for a song? and also, how can you tell if you have one in your song?

I'm not that great at explaining things but I think this might help.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/637325-the-idolmster-2/61632091

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 06:53:11 PM »
Good luck on sales state changes in Hyper. I'll warn you that odds of them happening are drastically lower than in Normal mode. I got so sick of resetting for days on end because I couldn't get a Super Break on my 5th song's release that I put the game aside quite a while ago. Just keep that in mind and don't force yourself to keep playing. Take a break if you need to.

GeN

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 12:42:13 AM »
Funny, there's another reason why im trying to get the Platinum Trophy. My friend and i made a bet on who's going to get their platinum trophy of the games we choose for ourselves. I chose Idolm@ster 2 and he chose Metal Gear Solid 4. By the looks of things, i'm the closest to my goal. However, he's a smart guy, and he's kinda getting close on achieving his. Thanks for the tips again you guys, the road on being a True Idolm@ster is freakin' long.

EDIT: OMFG!
I am stuck on week 38 with no Special Live events showing up. i've reloaded over 10 times again and again hopefully it gets shuffled to appear.  is it possible to get the hyper S rank without the Super Break? this guide says that there is some chance of doing a more round about way but i dont know if the longer method works. http://imas2.wota.info/strategy/the-path-to-all-s-rank-on-hyper
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 02:02:14 AM by GeN »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 08:39:36 AM »
you can also go for a break afterwards