puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idolm@ster 2 Translation  (Read 5799 times)

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
Idolm@ster 2 Translation
« on: May 18, 2012, 11:09:40 PM »
Do you think that if we all contributed money for the Translation of Idolmaster 2, someone will get motivated to translate it?  Since translating a game can take while, maybe if we payed the person to translate by using our PAYPAL accounts or something, that person will get motivated to translate since they are getting payed.

Elixir

• View Profile
Re: Idolm@ster 2 Translation
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 12:45:31 AM »
Yes, because clearly translators of real localizations aren't getting paid.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 01:01:34 AM »
The only problem is to find someone to translate.  I was just thinking maybe it will be easier to hire a translator if we offer payment.  We could do a little job posting, kind of like how people post jobs on a bulletin board in real life to find people to hire.  I don't know.  Considering we are all fans of Idolmaster 2, maybe it might be something to look into?

Melanpan

• Greenhorn
  • Hibiki is my waifu
    • View Profile
    • Flan-chan
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 02:00:36 AM »
I think the biggest problem will be a technical one, since as far as I know there is no way yet to decrypt the game (I'm speaking for the PS3 version no idea about 360). So even if you have a translator that is willing to translate the entire game, you'd still need to encrypt and decrypt the scripts. You'll probably come a bit further with a jailbroken PS3. But as far as I know im@s doesn't run on version 3.5 of the firmware.

I've never heard of a fan translation of a game for the 360/ps3 either, only for handle game devices sadly enough.
I think it's fair to say that, if the game was hackable like the PSP version people would have starting to translate it a long time ago.  :'(
(Even then, you'd still need a ps3/360 with CFW which is for both devices a tedious thing to do)

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 06:01:12 AM »
Getting a translator is not the hard part for a fan translation. In this case, it's about being able to replace the scripts in the game and getting the console to run the modified game.
If there is a translation patch at any time, it would be for the 360 as an RGH/JTAG is much easier to achieve than a PS3 CFW nowadays.

The only fan translation for PS3/360 that got off the ground is Tales of Vesperia for PS3, and that will require a dying breed of CFW PS3s.
See their site: http://talesofgraces.com/vesperia/

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 07:28:09 PM »
Doing a translation patch would be difficult because of hacking.  But wouldn't it be easier if we just made a Translation Script instead, so it can be read in a Word document or something like that.