puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: So why are there 2 concerts is Week 3?  (Read 2745 times)

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
So why are there 2 concerts is Week 3?
« on: May 13, 2012, 12:13:21 AM »
Okay.  So I am at week 3 and I am going to go to the Debut or Auditions.  I did the part where you have to time pressing Trangle, Sqaure, and Circle.  However right afterwards I am taken to another concert where you don't press triangle, square, circle, but you can still press X and you will do some poses and if you press L1 (not R1 in the previous concert) you will do a burst.  What purpose does that second concert serve? 

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: So why are there 2 concerts is Week 3?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 12:17:23 AM »
It's the encore.
It lets you watch it without the annoyingness of gameplay. You can skip it by pressing start and then the left option.

Just so you know every single type of audition/live/festival has an encore.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 12:21:56 AM »
Oh I see.  But I can still press X and do poses and press L1 to do the burst.  Does the encore also affects anything like score or fans?

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 12:27:01 AM »
Nope not really.
Just aesthetics. ^^

If you press select, I believe you can open up a whole bunch of other options.
You can do custom camera work, take pictures, and with R3 you can remove the subs.

Try playing around sometime. ;)

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 12:38:01 AM »
I apologize I think this should have been in the Gameplay Thread.  Oh well.  Anyways, During the Encore sometimes I press X to do a pose but then the idols would fall down and the words on the screen says "ACCIDENT".  Is it random or is there some way to avoid the mess ups?

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 01:12:27 AM »
In the original idolm@ster, your performance video would be full of accidents you couldn't control.
They took this out in idolm@ster 2 and instead you can only get accidents by appealing. It simply means you need to raise your idol's stats further but it's perfectly normal for your very first show.

You can stop it by not appealing. It's not really necessary at all. Or just raise your idols stats more. ^^ Good luck!

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 01:29:22 AM »
Really sorry but do you know which stats to increase to avoid the accidents?  Because it is pretty embarrassing seeing the idols mess up in the Encore.  Or can they mess up in the Auditions, Live, Festivals as well?

Also, I read the new Idolmaster 2 Strategy Site and it does not really explain how to do the General Appeal, or Memory Appeal, Or Memory drives.  It tells how to do the burst by pressing R1 atleast.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 02:13:46 AM »
Just improve all of them. ^^
All producers have their own strategy. My personal strategy is to create a well rounded team that is equally good in all stats, but you may find that improving in one stat more than others to be beneficial to your team.

Appeal is usually referring to when you do an audition/live/festival when you press X to give yourself more points and increase your bar toward getting a burst.
Use these sparingly as you only have as many as it says in the heart icon.
You can get up to four by filling the heart by doing promotions.

Read through that wiki and through the gameplay thread here for more help on general gameplay.

I'm always happy to help as well. ^^ You can continue to talk to me here or if you would like you can hit me up on twitter (animagic4u) where I'm more readily available.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 07:22:37 AM »
Thank you Very Much for your help!  I really appreciate it!  Those guides out there need an update because those do not answer everyones' questions such as mines's.

TTB

• anta nyanka...
    • View Profile
    • please help them out
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 11:42:46 AM »
lmao what!? 0.0 I've never seen any of the idols fall down in any videos! Please post links to videos of this!

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 08:45:30 PM »
For me the Idols fall down during the Encore or those Self-made Concerts where you pick which idol, the stage, and the songs.  During the concert keep on pushing X to do the appeal.  Sometimes the idols will mess up and you will get the words "ACCIDENT" on the screen.  Sometimes they fall and other times no words comes out of their mouth.

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 08:51:55 PM »
lmao what!? 0.0 I've never seen any of the idols fall down in any videos! Please post links to videos of this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGIJHrvxwW0

TTB

• anta nyanka...
    • View Profile
    • please help them out
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 09:38:33 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGIJHrvxwW0

Thank you! rofl it's synchronized! Earthquake time! They can't stand up straight but they keep right on singing without missing a single beat, what pros!

0.0 Wow that is just bizarre... :D

Those mini-bursts/appeals were nice, I have a video of the major ones like the Yukiho one in the above video but I haven't seen many smaller poses/bursts/appeals, in fact I think the two above were the only ones I've ever seen! Are there videos of more of them? :)

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 01:58:52 AM »
Okay. This is weird.  I just got done with the concert in Week 3 and I think my rank was 2/30 or something like that.  Then after the incident with Touma, the game takes you back the office and there the Chief starts talking to you about the Idol Academy.  Then a choice comes up.  My leader is Chihaya Kisaragi so I looked at this guide

http://imas2.wota.info/idol-specific-communication/kisaragi-chihaya

However I can't find the decision that has decision at evening of Week 3.  Is it an evening conversation?  I'm not sure since I am only at Week 3 and I think the Chief was talking to me.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 02:04:23 AM »
I don't think the chief communications have any effect on your result.