puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Localizing iDOLM@STER 2  (Read 15142 times)

Kotakoni

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Localizing iDOLM@STER 2
« on: May 12, 2012, 11:48:21 PM »
Hello Project iM@S community. I would like to inform you before continuing with this topic, that I am not trying to advertise for another forum or trying to sell you anything; I am not a bot, and furthermore, I respect this forum's rules.

I am not familiar of how many people use this forum or how many people actually care to localize the game, but there IS a chance.
NISAmerica Forums has a "Game Request" area where you can request which game to localize next. If you would like to see the game localized, all you have to do is go to http://www.nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5751 (sign up if it needed) and post in this topic. If it gets enough supporters, NISAmerica will consult with Namco Bandai Games Japan to see about this game's localization. Please help out with the localization of Project iDOLM@STER 2 PS3!

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
Re: Localizing iDOLM@STER 2
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 11:59:34 PM »
We've already had an extended discussion over this. I'm sounding like a broken record at this point:
HALF-LIFE 2: EPISODE 3 and STARCRAFT 3 WILL COME OUT BEFORE THIS EVEN HAS A CHANCE AT LOCALIZATION.

Kotakoni

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 12:10:07 AM »
We've already had an extended discussion over this. I'm sounding like a broken record at this point:
HALF-LIFE 2: EPISODE 3 and STARCRAFT 3 WILL COME OUT BEFORE THIS EVEN HAS A CHANCE AT LOCALIZATION.
Well, Namco Bandai Games America is never going to touch it. If there wasn't a chance, then the Mod would have locked the topic already. From what I know, no company has even attempted touching iDOLM@STER 2 yet.

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 12:20:51 AM »
Just read this entire thread and you'll find so many reasons as to why it can't and shouldn't be localized.

Honestly there's a thread all about this that went into pretty full detail already..

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 12:22:43 AM »

Half-life 3, 4, and 5 even stand a chance of coming out in such time.

Anyway, I think a localization would do well....to a girl audience. Oh well. :(

I can see it now "THE iDOLM@STER" (not 2 because that wouldn't make sense).

Only problem is what girl would wanna play the game where they are not the idols? Still say if anyone gets the chance it would be Dearly Stars...but the plot makes it iffy. Not to mention Ryo.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 12:24:50 AM by animagic4u »

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 12:59:18 AM »
If any interested people from here notice this and voice their support for such a thing, good on them. I don't see the problem here. I'm as doubtful as many other members here, but eh. Doesn't hurt to have some people point others to this topic.

xkillo147

• くっ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 01:10:01 AM »
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! Unless you would want to pay 80+ dollars for it and we might not know if the voices will be japanese.If it was up to me I would localize the first THE iDOLM@STER.

ζ*'ヮ')ζζ*'ヮ')ζζ*'ヮ')ζζ*'ヮ')ζζ*'ヮ')ζ!!!!

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 01:10:38 AM »
Auditioning for Haruka if there is a localization of either the anime or game.

Can't sing or voice act for shit...but have been told I have a nice voice by many of my professors. ^^

chikorita157

• わたし、気になります!
    • View Profile
    • Chikorita157's Anime Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 02:35:12 AM »
Like I said, my need for a localization is reduced since I'm currently teaching myself Japanese and I already own the game... also consider the licensing costs for the songs and such. It's doubtful.

But yes, it's beneficial to learn the language yourself since you can enjoy it in it's original form without having some of the dialog lose some of it's meaning. It's all about motivation.

Garraboa

• Star earrings go with everything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 03:54:46 AM »
Anyone who wanted to played it has already done so.
Everyone should have their version of "GO MY WAY!!" and "relations"

Dreams won’t end just as dreams,so become my today!
I don’t mind getting hurt,I don’t mind if it’s difficult,ah~, I don’t mind any punishment, bring it on!

876 PRO, GO!!

Logan

• ζ*'ヮ')ζ<はーん
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 04:15:03 AM »
I know it's very unlikely, but everyone shooting down someone else's enthusiasm is really off putting. While I admit it is very unlikely, it's not entirely impossible.

xkillo147

• くっ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 04:18:04 AM »
Even though the chance aren't very good the best option is to learn Japanese, even if you don't know it you can still guess your way through it and it can still be very fun 8).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 04:19:53 AM by xkillo147 »

ζ*'ヮ')ζζ*'ヮ')ζζ*'ヮ')ζζ*'ヮ')ζζ*'ヮ')ζ!!!!

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 05:33:48 AM »
Hello Project iM@S community. I would like to inform you before continuing with this topic, that I am not trying to advertise for another forum or trying to sell you anything; I am not a bot, and furthermore, I respect this forum's rules.

I am not familiar of how many people use this forum or how many people actually care to localize the game, but there IS a chance.
NISAmerica Forums has a "Game Request" area where you can request which game to localize next. If you would like to see the game localized, all you have to do is go to http://www.nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5751 (sign up if it needed) and post in this topic. If it gets enough supporters, NISAmerica will consult with Namco Bandai Games Japan to see about this game's localization. Please help out with the localization of Project iDOLM@STER 2 PS3!

Have they openly said this, or are you just assuming they will?

Roswell

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 06:03:56 AM »
Have they openly said this, or are you just assuming they will?

Well, the point of having the game request forum is to see what games people want and how many people want them. Doesn't indicate how heavily they factor it into their localization decisions though.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 06:14:01 AM »
Looks like the forum has tons of support.

No way in hell they're going to get more of my hard earned money though.