puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Ever have a dream about iDOLM@STER?  (Read 14861 times)

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
Ever have a dream about iDOLM@STER?
« on: May 05, 2012, 11:48:11 PM »
Last night I had a dream about a 3ds iDOLM@STER game THAT MADE IT TO THE STATES. Unfortunately, they changed everyone's names to more American sounding names. But it wasn't even a typical iDOLM@STER game, it was basically like Animal Crossing with iDOLM@STER characters. It was called IDOLMASTER Fountain (No @ sign).  I don't know what the hell the word "Fountain" had anything to do with it, but that was what it was called.

Unlike Animal Crossing, your population will include all the characters, which includes all the girls of regular iDOLM@STER, Jupiter, the DS idols (Ryo is counted as a boy), and new male characters to even out the male to female ratio. I don't remember any of the new male characters other than one with glasses and sand colored hair. Also, every character kept their personality from the games and would interact with each other in amusing ways.

When you started a new game, you'd choose your gender and make a simple character. You'd just choose from basic hairstyles, when I made my girl there was a choice between long hair, short hair, pigtails and a ponytail, and the colors were only the shades other im@s characters have had.

I was then greeted by Haruka, Yayoi and Miki, gave my character a name, and was put in the middle of a bustling town filled with chibi idols. You could talk to them and do various activities with the idols, like karaoke, shopping, etc and make friends with them. There was also a possibility for romance, including yuri and BL pairings.

I think to make money, you had to play rhythm game to popular iM@S songs, which were still in Japanese despite the characters names being changed (DREAM LOGIC).

I remember seeing Makoto and Yukiho at a cafe, then I woke up.

:(

Have you ever had any dreams about iDOLM@STER?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 03:43:27 AM by ninjamitsuki »

satty

• Producer
  • Haha, time for best Tank Witch
    • View Profile
Re: Ever have a dream about iDOLM@STER?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 04:21:54 AM »
I haven't had a dream where idols show up, which is a shame, because I get really crazy dreams/nightmares when I do remember my dreams.

My brother had one where Chihaya and Haruka were teachers.

Damn.
--Under Construction---

TTB

• anta nyanka...
    • View Profile
    • please help them out
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 06:42:15 AM »
Wow I'd never even thought something like that was possible...

\so jealous

The only thing I remember about the dream I had last night was that there were 2 huge roaches crawling at some point... and it was set in a home... Maybe could try falling asleep sometime watching/listening to an IMAS video will do the trick? Or putting a poster of the idol on the ceiling above your bed so it's the last thing you see before falling asleep?

Anyway ninjamitsuki that idea for a game sounds really great. An idolmaster MMO? With new events, dialogues, quests, and specials for a monthy fee? I would throw money at the folks working on such a venture.

Treemotan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 07:53:02 AM »
I had a dream where I was at a gaming expo with my bro and his one genuine friend, and saw a trailer for a localized iDOLM@STER 2. Songs were in English, and actually really well-written (maybe I should go translate it for Namco?). And the voices actually didn't suck. While the idols didn't exactly sound the same as their Japanese counterparts, their singing voices were just as good and it all sounded very natural.

As icing on the cake, the 876 idols were made playable and you could swap between the Japanese and English audio at your leisure. And all of the DLC up to Marionette no Kokoro. Same version for both PS3 and 360.

You know, I would kill for that. That's be amazing.

I also remember a few very odd crossover dreams. Like, one was a Tales of Vesperia/iDOLM@STER crossover, probably induced by that card of Azusa in Estelle's dress. All I remember is that Karol and Yayoi started dating and Yuri was somehow forced into Azusa's RK dress. And looked damn good in it.

Then there was an iDOLM@STER/Persona crossover. . . That one was pretty awesome.

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 08:11:21 AM »
I had a dream where I was at a gaming expo with my bro and his one genuine friend, and saw a trailer for a localized iDOLM@STER 2. Songs were in English, and actually really well-written (maybe I should go translate it for Namco?). And the voices actually didn't suck. While the idols didn't exactly sound the same as their Japanese counterparts, their singing voices were just as good and it all sounded very natural.

As icing on the cake, the 876 idols were made playable and you could swap between the Japanese and English audio at your leisure. And all of the DLC up to Marionette no Kokoro. Same version for both PS3 and 360.

You know, I would kill for that. That's be amazing.

I also remember a few very odd crossover dreams. Like, one was a Tales of Vesperia/iDOLM@STER crossover, probably induced by that card of Azusa in Estelle's dress. All I remember is that Karol and Yayoi started dating and Yuri was somehow forced into Azusa's RK dress. And looked damn good in it.

Then there was an iDOLM@STER/Persona crossover. . . That one was pretty awesome.

That one wasn't a dream! (sorta)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ume1v5cgTdE

Treemotan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 12:39:14 PM »
That one wasn't a dream! (sorta)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ume1v5cgTdE

Okay, I knew that one was coming. I had the suspicion someone out there had made a MAD with "Reach Out to the Truth".

But, yeah. With how my dreams can be, I should probably start writing crack fics. I get plenty of fuel.

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 04:11:23 AM »
You know, I don't even care how dead this thread is, I'm bringing it back to life.

I've had a few REALLY weird dreams about the iM@S girls. Like...REALLY weird. Not THAT kind of weird.

So I had this one where me and a bunch of other people had to play this weird Alice and Wonderland game, but it was like the Tim Burton version, not the kid-friendly happy version. We could select characters and go kill stuff. It was weird. So after all of the people had chosen their characters, we went outside to this world that looked like it came out of a Legend of Zelda game (like Phantom Hourglass or Wind Waker kind of world)--lots of grass and mushrooms. We started sneaking around to find something or whatever, I don't even remember.
And here's the iM@S part.
Suddenly I turned into Makoto. The Xenoglossia Makoto, not the iM@S Makoto. And I had to sneak around a corner and carry an old man to safety on my back. It was really weird. Then the dream just kinda...ended. That was my first iM@S dream.

My second dream is INSANE. SO insane, in fact, that I'm going to tell you the entirety of it, even though there was only one part that featured iM@S.

So first I was Spongebob, and I accused Patrick of murder or something, so me and Mr. Krabs and Squidward ambushed Patrick at a WalMart and beat him up. But it turns out Patrick didn't do it, so we let him go. And then I switched clothes with another Spongebob, who was apparently the REAL Spongebob.
Next, I was myself, and I ran into a friend in the jewelry section and we chatted.
The iM@S part comes here. I somehow turned into Makoto (the iM@S one this time) and wound up married to my friend's OC, Cody. And we were just kinda hanging out in the house. And I think I vacuumed or something. The next part of this section was really weird...like NSFW weird. We WERE married... Thankfully, right then, the setting changed!
This time I was me. And I had just won a game show. And my prize was cubed fruit, a pipe bomb, and a grenade. What happened after that is a long story, but in short, I couldn't figure out how to stop the bombs from blowing up, so I just fed my cat the cubed fruit and woke my mom up to help me handle the bombs. It ended there.

So, nothing entirely iM@S yet, but I've had dreams with characters in them. I'm pretty sure I've had more, but I can't think of any right now.

On a side note, I had an Attack on Titan dream once too. I was Mikasa, and Eren turned into a Titan, but he was eating people now so we had to flee on boats. We fled to a magical island where there were shelves stacked with bakery treats. We all dined on cupcakes until Eren arrived, at which time we paused to kill him. I assume we did. My dream ended before I could find out.

My dreams are SO weird. You have no idea.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

ZetaFlare

• Producer
  • Chief of ACME Crimenet's San Diego Divison
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 05:52:57 AM »
I actually did have a couple of iM@S related dreams. I've been having them for a while now and I figured I'd post it before I forget.

Okay, so we're all taking part in a revival of the old game show Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? with the 765pro idols (dubbed Idolpella) as the primary group of singers on the show and myself as the Chief (as a Lucario). Not only do they sing, but they also model prizes and are sometimes involved in the clue skits.

Of course, 765pro does switch off/team up with other musical groups like 876pro, Jupiter, μ's, Afternoon Tea Time, Ultra Rare, the CPUs and CPU Candidates, the Wake Up Girls cast, and ST☆RISH.

Sometimes before the show, there will be some comedic moments (most of the time rated PG and up) between the Chief and the idols reminiscent of a harem anime. Miki is the obvious alpha of the harem, treating him much like she does Broducer, but everyone else seems to be interested in him too, especially the twins who have such a big crush on him they are not discrete about it at all, whether it would be giving him a surprise glomp as soon as he enters the office, acting clingy towards him, begging to set aside play/"smoochy" time for them, and even posting suggestive selfies on his Facebook page, much to the chagrin of Ritsuko. Things really don't get too weird, though...I've never really cared for R18+ doujins/fanart anyway. (it really makes me cringe/get nightmares whenever I see some of my favorite girls get soiled like that)

"Nii-chan! Mami wants to make kissy-kissy with Nii-chan too!" - Mami

"Nii-chan, Nii-chan! Look here! Has Ami gotten any bigger? Just wait, Ami's gonna get boobies like Mikimiki one day!" - Ami

Around the time I got into iDOLM@STER, I had dreams about Miki once I watched videos of communication events during her Awakened path. However, instead of her producer, I was a classmate of hers who is often paired with her for class assignments. The events are pretty much the same (with saving Miki from the truck and everything). However, she keeps her hair blonde and keeps the events a secret from her producer because she didn't want him to worry about her. Because Miki was closer to me than ever before, I did my best to support her idol career, always preparing a bag of her favorite onigiri before a concert, waiting to walk her home after her work for the week is over, set up some private time together for lessons/photoshoots on days off, made sure I was the first in line (or close to it) to buy her albums, framed an autographed picture of her, etc. While we seemed almost inseparable, I'm not sure what happened after that as I stopped having those dreams.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 05:55:26 AM by ZetaFlare »

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 04:03:38 PM »
"Nii-chan! Mami wants to make kissy-kissy with Nii-chan too!" - Mami

"Nii-chan, Nii-chan! Look here! Has Ami gotten any bigger? Just wait, Ami's gonna get boobies like Mikimiki one day!" - Ami

That may be the greatest in-dream twins quote ever.

I've never really cared for R18+ doujins/fanart anyway. (it really makes me cringe/get nightmares whenever I see some of my favorite girls get soiled like that)

I can relate with you on that. It just kinda makes me think, "Why?"
Besides, Makoto is MINE. The only other person I'll allow her to be with is Ryo.
:3

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 01:21:04 AM »
I haven't seen any THE IDOLM@STER dreams yet, but I did see some dreams about Xenoglossia. I'll begin with the funniest one.

In that dream, I've found the Xenoglossia movie. When I started to watch it, I suddenly found myself in a dark room. There were some really suspicious people who asked me to become a Master. At first, I refused, but then I understood that I was in the beginning of the story and it was my chance! "I'll become a Master not for destroying my life, but for saving another one!" With that thought I signed the contract with "Chihaya-sama" instead of my signature. 8)
The first person I met in Mondenkind was Haruka-Master. I replied "I know" when she introduced herself. :)
There comes the funniest part. I was listening to some song by Kaori Shimizu considering that no one would find it out, but I was wrong. Suddenly, Joseph Shingetsu came in and asked me: "What are you listening to?"! I answered: "It's just... AKB48!", while hiding my cellphone and headphones under the table. :)  My thoughts were: "No... There is too little space under the table! I'll be fired or there will be something much worse! Yukiho, save me...!" :)
Then I suddenly found myself in the hangar of Turiavita, following Chihaya-Master. When she asked me, why I do it, I had to answer: "It's nothing! No reason in particular!" :)
Then I opened my eyes in the hospital of Mondenkind. My last thought before I woke up for real was: "Chihaya-sama, next time I will save you for sure!" :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 08:47:41 PM by liza94 »

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 05:57:13 PM »
In that dream, I've found the Xenoglossia movie.

Dear Sunrise:
Please make this exist. Bring back all the old cast and have them do this. Also, please bring back Karasu. His voice makes me melt.
Also, kill Hibiki.
With much love,
Grace
P.S.: I'm dead serious. I want this to exist. Heck, I'LL voice all the characters. I'll bet you I could do it too.
Just kidding, the original cast is awesome.

But all kidding aside, that's an awesome dream. I wish I had more Xenoglossia dreams.
I'm not even kidding, though, I want a Xenoglossia movie. XDD

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 03:44:32 AM »
I remember last year I had a dream that I don't remember the details of but it was weird, I was in a boutique and Azusa and Yayoi were there... Which inspired me to make this PV when I woke up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP6emVTyrxg

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 04:50:05 PM »
I dreamt that Chihaya fell into a pool of icy water and I jumped in to save her. The pool was actually the beginning of a stream, and Chihaya was being pulled away by the current. I don't know if I was successful in saving her or not because I woke up (in my dream) in a room by myself. There was, however, a note that said I had had one visitor. You're not supposed to be able to read when you're dreaming, but somehow I knew what the note said.

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 01:12:29 AM »
You're not supposed to be able to read when you're dreaming

Why is it? I've seen a dream last month, where I was reading a magazine article, that promoted alternative last episodes of Xenoglossia. According to a short summary in the beginning, all the Masters are alive, but they must fight against each other in the final episode. Then there was a "Their thoughts before the final battle" section, which had two girls per page: Yayoi and Haruka, Ritsuko and Iori, Ami and Mami, Azusa and Makoto, and, of course, Chihaya and Yukiho! ;D Needless to say, I started to read Chihaya's column at once. ;D  I don't remember the first sentence, but the second one said: "Honestly, using Yukiho was funny.", and the next one: "Some people consider us as the best friends, but it is far from the truth.", and so on! :( The only throught of the "some person" (me)  was: "No.. What about the song...?" :'(  But then I looked at the last sentence, which said: "Despite all of this, I and Yukiho are still friends!" I thought: "What a relief!", then "Wha-a-at?!?!" and then I woke up. :) I should have read Azusa's column too! :)

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 02:31:09 AM »
I think the reason is that the part of the brain we use for understanding written language is resting during REM sleep (the stage of sleep in which we experience dreams). Sometimes if I try to read when I'm dreaming I see a bunch of random letters, and it's not readable. Occasionally I am able to read while dreaming, but I don't know how it's possible. However, my brain is a little strange when it comes to sleep. I've woken up sometimes without being able to move. Other times I've been able to hear myself breathing when I'm asleep.

What are dreams, anyway? Everyone has dreams (although some forget them before waking up), but where do they come from?