Username: Password:

Author Topic: General every day life photos  (Read 54544 times)

AweOfShe

• 真のアイドルマスター
    • View Profile
    • Streaming random games at random times, live.
Re: General every day life photos
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2012, 04:17:03 PM »
I'm going to have to pass afterall. I ordered a Madcatz TE fight stick to mod myself first, since I'm REALLY itching to make an iM@S themed stick right now. So along with some parts, it kind of set me back a good chunk of change. Thanks for the consideration though!  ;D
NNID - Daioujou | 3DS FC - 0559 7548 8384
XBL/PSN/Steam - AweOfShe1

AbsoluteZero45

• Apprentice
  • Watashi wa Zero!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2012, 05:07:36 PM »
Yea, I'll have to pass.  I was more or less just admiring them.  That, and like I said, I don't really have the kind of money to spend on something like that right now.
XBLA/PSN:  AbsoluteZero45

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2012, 06:04:35 PM »
Well, that was fast. Setsuna, shall we continue this through PM? I'll grab some shipping quotes to Aus soon, I have to post off a controller locally anyway.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2012, 07:02:14 PM »
Well, that was fast. Setsuna, shall we continue this through PM? I'll grab some shipping quotes to Aus soon, I have to post off a controller locally anyway.

Already did - You caught me a little fast, as I wasn't expecting it to be closed in 20 minutes of the post. See the PM for more details.

Long story short - I expect riots to continue if I leave the request thread for too long, more or less. :P
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Roba-P

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2012, 07:23:26 PM »

Finally finished the prototype armor for Homu Homu  ::)

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2012, 11:44:43 PM »

Another photo brought to you by Hipstagram.

Weather was downright awful and rainy, so here's a picture from outside one of my classes.

Holy_Knight

• 約束ですよ!!約束!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2012, 11:52:33 PM »
Celebrating my end of school year by 花見(flower viewing) in toronto :)
"Though I fly through the valley of death..I shall fear no evil. For I am at 80,000 feet and climbing." - At the entrance to the old SR-71 operating base Kadena, Okinawa

satty

• Producer
  • Haha, time for best Tank Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2012, 05:11:30 AM »
Thinking of going to the shooting range tomorrow and firing a SKS or a Mini-14, just to celebrate being done with my project (although now I have to plan a 10-15 minute presentation due in 8 days, but I'll worry about that later.)

Here's some of the targets I saved. First two were at 25 feet, last was at 35 feet. I'm just a beginner at this, and it was a little over a year ago.

SIG P226R (Love this pistol.)

H&K USP .40S&W (Didn't like the recoil caused by the .40S&W, plus it was a bit too large in my hands; still wanted to try one out.)

Ruger 10/22 (Already fired one before, lack of significant recoil was nice.)

Should have taken a picture of the target after I fired a Remington 870 shotgun at it. I nearly tore it in half.

And I don't like how I have to close one eye to fire a weapon while looking down its sights.
--Under Construction---

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2012, 06:07:59 AM »
You know, I've never really been a gun fanatic and I don't even know too much about them, but for some reason the SIG P226 strikes a chord with me. Don't know why, but then I never really got into the 92F's aesthetics either. Meh.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

Kyo

• Perverted Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2012, 04:44:46 PM »
My model stash as of now. Hoping to finish them by this lifetime, at least.

This line in my signature will be removed when Idolmaster Xenoglossia is included in Super Robot Wars

satty

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2012, 07:55:05 PM »
My model stash as of now. Hoping to finish them by this lifetime, at least.

Wow, lots of models there. Is that a Yukikaze model near the bottom right, on top of the Strike Eagle box?
--Under Construction---

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2012, 01:21:21 AM »
Some of my room pics since it was a popular topic on my cosplay thread:

Figs and things

Life size Kanade ;~; I love her!!

Some of my favorite figs!!

satty

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2012, 03:55:27 AM »
Haha, that Gendo fig looks out of place. And those Dolfies...they could be seen as pretty creepy. (Not putting you down or anything, just saying.)

Anyway, I went to the shooting range today. Was going to go shoot an SKS or Mini-14, but they had new rifles to rent out, including a (sporterized) Mosin-Nagant bolt-action rifle...which I wanted to try.

This is how it looks like. The bolt was hard to work with, and needed more force than I though. At one point, I had to call in the rangemaster because I couldn't pull back the bolt and I thought I jammed it. Turns out that I just needed to put more strength into it. Can't imagine how Russian troops dealt with it in battle. Also, loading the weapon by hand was difficult at first, but I got it.

A 7.62 x 54R round. There was a big flash, a good bang, and a good amount of recoil every time I fired. Still, wasn't as bad as I thought.

All those casings. Very hot, you wouldn't want one touching your skin immediately after it's been cleared out of the weapon.Sorry for the blurriness.

And I'm proud that I managed to get my shots inside the silhouette (although I count 19 holes and I fired 20 shots...the most probable reason is that I flinched and moved the rifle slightly so that the shot totally missed. I'm not discounting that one of those holes are two shots. Or I managed to get a bullet through an existing hole.)

--Under Construction---

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2012, 04:14:40 AM »

Here, have a Hipstagram'd picture of my Yildiz 20ga over and under.

Just found out I have an indoor range pretty close by, so I'm gonna try and hit that place up and try some handguns out.  I've always wanted to try a Colt M1911 Government.

satty

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2012, 04:30:05 AM »
Nice over and under. Never tried a 20 gauge, though, just only a 12 gauge. As for a Colt 1911 Government, my uncle and grandfather in the Philippines have one, but I've only fired my uncle's, and it felt good.

If I do go back to the Philippines, I'll get a chance to fire my grandfather's and compare it. (I still remember when one of my cousins went over there, she shot a post that was holding a target.) I also might have a chance to fire a M1 Carbine if I do go back there.
--Under Construction---