puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: iDOLM@STER Mobile I (iOS app)  (Read 20544 times)

chikorita157

• わたし、気になります!
    • View Profile
    • Chikorita157's Anime Blog
Re: Idol Master Mobile I (iphone app)
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 02:39:23 AM »
The crazy thing with Apple and its devices is that you don't know how great they are until you actually buy one.  Didn't expect the iPad to have any practical use in any way and now I'm using it for schoolwork and other things.  iPod Touch is a pretty useful smartphone substitution until you go in a place that doesn't have an available wireless network to piggyback on.
True that... and there is a nice Kanji dictionary you can get free, which can be useful if you are studying Japanese.

PluggedBus

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 03:33:14 AM »
The crazy thing with Apple and its devices is that you don't know how great they are until you actually buy one.  Didn't expect the iPad to have any practical use in any way and now I'm using it for schoolwork and other things.  iPod Touch is a pretty useful smartphone substitution until you go in a place that doesn't have an available wireless network to piggyback on.
Tablets are a very different matter. I can imagine getting a tablet someday to use for listings that I would normally make large printings of. It would save on printer money. My sister should get a tablet because she buys so many books and manga but doesn't have enough space in her house to properly support her hoarding.

True that... and there is a nice Kanji dictionary you can get free, which can be useful if you are studying Japanese.
That isn't a Apple thing. My sister uses apps like that to help her with Chinese but she uses a Android phone.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 03:40:26 AM by PluggedBus »

Roba-P

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 02:22:40 PM »
ktkr
http://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/id477392925?mt=8

Updating my iPad first generation to iOS5.1

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 03:58:14 PM »
Oh man it's finally out 0u0
Also any word on how well a location spoofer works? If at all?

Roba-P

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 04:31:36 PM »
Oh man it's finally out 0u0
Also any word on how well a location spoofer works? If at all?

I just looked through that blog post, many people complained that the spoofer developer is ignoring the users.
Also it only works for faking the GPS location, it won't work if the iM@S Mobile-i uses IP address to verifies the location.
Since it's a jailbreaking device it might be risky to use on a personal phone.

For the app, it seems like the user must login the game while within Japan.  :-\
I will look into it later tonight.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:34:28 PM by Roba-P »

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 04:56:42 PM »
You must log ion to NamcoBandai's web services. Doesn't take to long to create an ID. After that, it'll ask for your location. It'll read in your coordinates and ask if they are correct. You have no choice of setting them yourself (Obviously), so it's either yes or no. It'll kick you out if you're not in Japan.

Simply use the location spoofer to change where you are, and it'll let you in. Simple as that.

Also:

« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 05:48:19 PM by Scotty »

PluggedBus

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 08:17:49 AM »
Thank you Scotty. I see that in the upper left corner of the screen it says "iPod". That means it does indeed work on a iPod Touch and I did say that if I were to get a iOS device I'd get one of those.

Edit: By the way, what sort of place was that second pic taken at? It reminds me of a hotel I stayed at during a trip to Hawaii.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 08:22:51 AM by PluggedBus »

Saturos

• Producer
  • Ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2012, 08:44:16 PM »
Does the app really require ios 5?
MAKO MAKO RIIIIIIIIIN!!

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2012, 09:06:21 AM »
Yes, iOS 5.0 is the minimum requirement.

Also, that picture was taken at the pool of my condo. It's not a fancy Hawaiian hotel, sadly.

This is also not a fancy Hawaiian hotel.

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2012, 08:14:51 PM »
Should've photoshopped in a giant onigiri.

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2012, 10:21:32 PM »
Since we have some people here who don't have jailbroken devices and are unwilling to jailbreak their devices, I think I will start a request form for people to PM me info in order to get your account authenticated.  If you don't live in Japan or don't have a location spoofer due to no jailbroken device, pay attention.

This blog explains how to make a Japanese iTunes account without an iTunes prepaid card or Japanese credit card.

1. Go to this page and click the blue signup button on the top right of the page. 
2. Go to the bottom of the TOS page and click the button on the left.
3. On the next page, enter your email address and submit (it can be any email address you like, doesn't have to be the ones you use with iTunes).
4. Check your email for the message from the Bana-pass website, click the long URL, and fill out the page accordingly:

5. Click the confirm button on the right

6.. PM the following to me:

a. Email address

b. Password (I would really appreciate if you make a short password for your iM@S Mobile i account since long passwords are a pain to type in on an Apple device)

c. Producer name - 8 CHARACTERS OR LESS (Give me something unique that might not have been taken by someone else, and give me a few alternatives just in case.)

d. Preferred idol (Idols can only be changed on the 5th, 6th, and 7th days of the month, so make sure you're content with your decision.  Also Ritsuko and Ryuuguu Komachi idols are included in this, so choose whoever you want)

Leave the rest to me and I'll PM you with any important information regarding your account when I create it.

Please keep in mind:
You will be exposing your email address to me if you request that I authenticate an account for you.  You can trust me though, I wouldn't do anything horrible.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:13:19 PM by SakuraMaxX »

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2012, 11:09:17 PM »
SakuraMaxX - Can we use any email address, or does it have to be the email address associated with our iTunes account?

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2012, 11:33:01 PM »
Any email address you would like to use.

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2012, 11:55:26 PM »
I forgot to ask, do we need to have the game downloaded and installed on our iDevice first before contacting you?  I haven't been able to do that because that requires a Japanese iTunes account (I'll have to get a Japan iTunes gift card before I can set one up).

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2012, 12:02:07 AM »
Updated my post with info on how to create a Japanese iTunes account without a prepaid card of Japanese credit card.  This blog should provide assistance.

You do not need to have the game installed before you contact me, but I would appreciate if you did successfully download it first so I know I'm not using the effort to make an account that will end up unused.