puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Request Statistics - Just who is the most popular for requesting anyway?  (Read 4301 times)

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
Well, I got bored, and since Windows 7 can help me punch in a series of fast requests, and I've always been curious, I'll just run some stats from the archive I keep of all the im@s videos I've personally filled in.

This is based on the sample of my archives, listing all the im@s 2 requests I've ever recieved up to this point.

I was suspecting Hibiki was the least requested character apart from the twins, but it seems I'm wrong.

If a character has been designated as leader, they land in the leader section.
If a character has been designated any other position other than leader, they end up with a support point.
MAD/Special requests count their batches as just 1.

Add the two together to get a total.
Counts will be seperated by the platform.

Release -> 14th March 2012

PS3:

Lead    Support Total
Ami:            0       4       4
Mami:           3       5       8
Azusa:          0       8       8
Chihaya:        4       12      16
Haruka:         5       7       12
Hibiki:         2       4       6
Iori:           10      4       14
Makoto:         3       3       6
Miki:           8       22      30
Ritsuko:        6       9       15
Takane:         5       16      21
Yukiho:         2       10      12
Yayoi:          0       12      12

Others:         7

Total 765 Requests: 48
Total Requests: 55

X360:

Release -> 14 March 2012

Lead    Support Total
Ami:            2       23      25
Mami:           6       42      48
Azusa:          22      47      72
Chihaya:        28      69      97
Haruka:         27      33      60
Hibiki:         20      43      63
Iori:           16      32      48
Makoto:         31      43      74
Miki:           23      75      98
Ritsuko:        20      43      63
Takane:         33      79      112
Yukiho:         42      65      102
Yayoi:          23      40      63

Total 765 Requests: 294

Actually the results are a bit surprising...

Some conclusions to take home:

- It seems that the twins are the least popular (I'm not that surprised really) when counted individually and only get saved out of taking the last place when considered as one.

- Ami is dead last, all on her own. It seems everyone hates the unplayable sister of im@s 2. Even her sister, who's second last, actually has quite a bit of company to share with her, including the rest of the RK cast.

- On a 'Total screentime' basis Takane edges out Yukiho due to support appearances. Miki is a clear second, with Yukiho and Chihaya being third. Does this officially make her the most popular character for people requesting?

- Yukiho is quite officially the perfered leader, taking the most leader spots outright by a clean margin. Takane, Makoto and Miki more or less slug it out for the next three spots.

- Strangely, even though Haruka is leader quite a lot, it seems no one likes her as a support character, fairing badly in the support count.

- For a Tsundere character, Iori's actually not all that popular. She's actually on the back half of the list.

- Miki's pretty much tried to be at least somewhere for all the requests so far for the PS3 rendition - Her popularity increased a significant amount since the anime's release.

- Seems no one wants Yayoi to lead on the PS3. Looks like the orange revolution has some work to do if they want a presence on the request board.

Now there's plenty of other conclusions you can draw, but I'm sure you guys can have a little fun (or at least start scheming to tip the scales.) figuring out the numbers.

The methodology is using the archive I maintain whenever I fill a request, so although I certainly can't claim to be the entirety of youtube, I can safely say that it makes a decent sample here.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 03:11:25 PM by Setsuna »
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Byuusan

• View Profile
While we're at it, i'll add my numbers, collected since Jan, 1, 2012. This a stragiht up total, not a seperate lead/support.

Yukiho:153
Chihaya:141
Takene:140
Miki:135
Makoto:121
Hibiki:117
Azusa:97
Haruka:88
Iori:71
Yayoi:61
Mami:55
Ritsuko:54
Ami:43

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
Here's mine in March so far...not sure what (if anything) can be proven with this XD

Lead    Support Total
Chihaya:        6        4       10
Hibiki:         5        3        8
Miki:           1        6        7
Yayoi:          3        4        7
Takane:         3        3        6
Mami:           0        6        6
Azusa:          2        3        5
Yukiho:         2        3        5
Haruka:         1        3        4
Ami:            1        2        3
Iori:           1        1        2
Makoto:         0        0        0
Ritsuko:        0        0        0

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 11:13:41 AM by TweenDoriru »

Byuusan

• View Profile
might as well, since im not doing any more reqeusts until the final day, this is 1 month

Numbers in bracket is support role, the number next to it is lead role

Haruka:12(29)
Chihaya:35(45)
Miki:31(34)
Yukiho:21(37)
Makoto:11(44)
Azusa:8(23)
Takene:15(45)
Iori:6(16)
Yayoi:6(10)
Ritsuko:5(22)
Hibiki:7(40)
Mami:5(21)
Ami:3(11)

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
What I had over the past month (including 2 requests I haven't gotten around to actually record):

Haruka: 1
Chihaya: 1
Miki: 1
Yukiho: 0
Hibiki: 10
Makoto: 1
Azusa: 1
Takane: 3
Iori: 1
Yayoi: 0
Ritsuko: 1
Mami: 1
Ami: 1

Had a slow month. The Hibiki count is skewed due to that request I took in the M@D thread for 7 separate videos.

TTB

• anta nyanka...
    • View Profile
    • please help them out
Well I am dismayed that Iori is not getting the love she deserves  >:( ... but there's no accounting for taste... still, all the girls are quite endearing.

I'm surprised though that the twins rated so low? I thought IM@S fans were supposedly raging lolicons or something? I know much of 2ch hates their IM@S population with a vengeance but...

Anyway, I hope I'm not alone in my view that Iori's IM@S2 hairstyle is just amazing, the proportions of left vs right, the charming asymmtery, and the preserved deference to deko. I could go on but... let's just say it's very aptly named "idol".

Also, is it just me... or is Azusa one of the most marriageable woman ever put to animation/cg?

For what it's worth, here's the number of pics by rank (almost all fan-drawn) of the IM@S girls to gelbooru (along with some others for comparision):

Touhou 405,998
Vocaloid 72,223
Hatsune_Miku 48,162
Hakurei_Reimu 40,043
Idolmaster 25,497 (<- all Idolmaster related pics combined number)

Rankings:
1 Hoshii_Miki 3508
2 Amami_Haruka 3421
3 Kisaragi_Chihaya 3138
4 Takatsuki_Yayoi 3100
5 Minase_Iori 3057
6 Kikuchi_Makoto 3019
7 Miura_Azusa 2316
8 Akitsuki_Ritsuko 2235
9 Hagiwara_Yukiho 1884
10 Shijou_Takane 1667
11 Akitsuki_Ryou 1568
12 Futami_Mami 1534
13 Ganaha_Hibiki 1532
14 Futami_Ami 1469
15 Otonashi_Kotori 1175
16 Mizutani_Eri 616
17 Hidaka_Ai 482
18 Futaba_Anzu 156
19 Shibuya_Rin 133
20 Ozaki_Reiko 109
21 Mimura_Kanako 95
22 Moroboshi_Kirari 82
23 Oikawa_Shizuku 73
24 Tada_Riina 19

Futami_Mami -Futami_Ami = 270
Futami_Ami -Futami_Mami = 220

So Iori is pretty much tied for 3rd with Chihaya, Makoto, and Yayoi - makes a lot more sense  :P

My questions are:

1. I hope I'm not alone in my view that Iori's IM@S2 hairstyle is just amazing, right?

2. Is it just me... or is Azusa one of the most marriageable women ever put to animation cg? And after all isn't that the role/paradigm her character was written into from the beginning?

3. Does anyone know any particular reasons why 2ch dislikes its IM@S posters so much?

4. Ok, so Miki is glamorous and heart-warmingly calls the player "Honey", Chihaya has allure, charisma and devotion, and Yayoi is all-around lovable... but could a Haruka fan please explain to this unenlightened one what the appeal of Haruka is? She seems like a nice enough girl... but nothing really stands out... what wondrous traits does Haruka have that I'm not picking on? Why make her the protagonist of Xenoglossia? She's clearly top-tier, her and Miki stand well above all the others.

5. How is Ryou beating Mami and Ami? Not to take anything away from traps, but this is probably one of the most definitive showings of indifference to the whole loli artstyle/genre ever recorded in a product substantially directed at the otaku market. Is it that the Futami twins are predictable? That they creepily assume the same posture in certain dialogue scenes?

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 12:25:13 AM by TTB »

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
@TTB:

1) It is, though I feel the asymmetry weighing down on my choice. [/personal opinion]
2) *insert stereotypical otaku=loner image here* + busty hopeless romantic searching for a special someone = satisfaction guaranteed.
3) Never been exactly 'there', so can't help you there.
4) Haruka's quirk? One way of looking at it is that you can argue that it's nothing. And that's exactly her appeal. She's not lacking nor too much of anything, she's normal. Given her personality and how she was portrayed back since the Arcade version,you will see why everyone likes her. *insert Ryu joke here*

Another way is that before Miki, Haruka was, and still is, the targeted main heroine. And like most people, they fall under what I like to call the "Protagonist Syndrome", in which whoever is the protagonist, people will like (since the story's about him/her). Adding to that is her cheerful, girl-next-door personality who'll do what it takes with P (a.k.a. you). (Could also explain the Miki hate, but that takes more space)

5) Ryou's reveal as a trap came as a surprise to many. When he first showed up, people assumed he was a girl along Ai and Eri, until that one PV that boosted his popularity. And because this is something big (aka a first in iMAS), people acted upon it- they made fanart, doujins, etc. Trust me, if he was revealed flat out as a guy in the beginning, his popularity wouldn't be this big.

TTB

• anta nyanka...
    • View Profile
    • please help them out
I just realized tiers can be inferred from the Gelbooru data:

Top-tier:
Haruka, Miki

S-tier:
Chihaya, Yayoi, Iori, Makoto

A-tier:
Azusa, Ritsuko, Yukiho

B-tier:
Takane, Ryou, Mami, Ami, Hibiki, Kotori

Ganbatte!-Tier:
Eri, Ai

Neglected-tier:
Anzu, Rin, Reiko, Kanako, Kirari, Shizuku, Riina

@TTB:

1) It is, though I feel the asymmetry weighing down on my choice. [/personal opinion]
Blasphemy! Remember that cosmetic surgeon from Bioshock? Asymmetry is the future!

2) *insert stereotypical otaku=loner image here* + busty hopeless romantic searching for a special someone = satisfaction guaranteed.

I'm not sure what you mean, everyone is searching for a wonderful girl like Azusa,  whether they are lonely otaku or stylish popular guys, if they are sensible they'll realize that she's an absolute treasure, and really that's one of the things in life that you can't buy and can only pray and hope for, a mate that's so wonderful like that. Some people seem great but then... you know. If anyone has the extraordinary luck of finding someone as wonderful as Azusa it would be wise on their part to cherish her and accomodate her as much as possible. If she likes to laugh, then watch comedy shows and work on your comedy, if she likes guys who can cook then learn to cook, if she loves the ocean then work hard and buy the two of you a boat, etc.

3) Never been exactly 'there', so can't help you there.

lol why is there in quotes?

4) Haruka's quirk? One way of looking at it is that you can argue that it's nothing. And that's exactly her appeal. She's not lacking nor too much of anything, she's normal. Given her personality and how she was portrayed back since the Arcade version,you will see why everyone likes her. *insert Ryu joke here*

Err....?

Another way is that before Miki, Haruka was, and still is, the targeted main heroine. And like most people, they fall under what I like to call the "Protagonist Syndrome", in which whoever is the protagonist, people will like (since the story's about him/her). Adding to that is her cheerful, girl-next-door personality who'll do what it takes with P (a.k.a. you). (Could also explain the Miki hate, but that takes more space)
What!? When did Miki become the protagonist? And I was reading about Haruka yesterday that she might be pretending to be clusmy just to endear the producer... that's kind of off-putting... but I guess it makes sense if she really likes him a lot...

5) Ryou's reveal as a trap came as a surprise to many. When he first showed up, people assumed he was a girl along Ai and Eri, until that one PV that boosted his popularity. And because this is something big (aka a first in iMAS), people acted upon it- they made fanart, doujins, etc. Trust me, if he was revealed flat out as a guy in the beginning, his popularity wouldn't be this big.

I don't know... from what I've experienced of otaku markets I think they would be quite receptive (pun intended) to traps... but I think you're right that if he were introduced as a definite manly guy he would've been not as popular. Still, someone has to know why Ami and Mami are so unpopular!

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 12:26:25 AM by TTB »

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
1) Like I said, personal opinion. Guess it's not everyone's style.
2) To put it simply, anyone wants to find that certain someone. But if you have an idol whose sole reason for being one is to find love, that scores higher on some people, specially 'loners'.
3) I've seen 2ch, but since I'm illiterate in Japanese, I have no idea what they're talking about.
4) a) Ryu Joke: <character>'s so normal, anyone could use him and win, but because he's normal, he's boring. b) Whoever posted that part about faking clumsiness obviously never watched the OVA. c) Miki was marketed as the secondary protagonist when the first 360 game came out.
5) It's just that their appeal was overshadowed by the others'. They're twins just so Namco can fill the twins stereotype into the game (and not everyone likes the basic kind of naughty). Even Namco right now is moving away from the twins thing as well.

TTB

• anta nyanka...
    • View Profile
    • please help them out
b) Whoever posted that part about faking clumsiness obviously never watched the OVA.

Actually I first read about this on the wiki :3
http://www.project-imas.com/wiki/index.php?title=Haruka_Amami#Trivia

5) It's just that their appeal was overshadowed by the others'. They're twins just so Namco can fill the twins stereotype into the game (and not everyone likes the basic kind of naughty). Even Namco right now is moving away from the twins thing as well.

I've thought about it some more and realized that the twins had virtually identical hairstyles in IM@S1. In a world where visually, hairstyle and haircolor are such defining characteristics that must have adversely affected their popularity...

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
Actually I first read about this on the wiki :3
http://www.project-imas.com/wiki/index.php?title=Haruka_Amami#Trivia

Ah, the wiki. Should've known. Reminded of how much cleaning it needs.

I've thought about it some more and realized that the twins had virtually identical hairstyles in IM@S1. In a world where visually, hairstyle and haircolor are such defining characteristics that must have adversely affected their popularity...

Maybe, but I don't really think so. Many identical twins run on the fact that they look alike, so it's probably just weak marketing.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Request Statistics - Just who is the most popular for requesting anyway?
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 05:52:57 AM »
This is an [incredibly] old topic, but I'd be really interested in seeing something like this except with costumes.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 02:33:28 AM »
This is an [incredibly] old topic, but I'd be really interested in seeing something like this except with costumes.

That'd take me quite a while to run the stats on, and I'm not on the active list.

I could run a historical check, but it'll be skewered towards older catalogs, since they've been around longer.

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Kokuwo

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 12:37:41 AM »
I can go through the request thread and make a list of all the requests if it helps. x3
I've been bored lately due to nothing to do for Winter Break and it interests me a little. x3
I won't count solo requests though since I don't really see how those would help. x3

EDIT: Oh... sorry... I didn't read the outfit parts of the post... D: And I already went to page 50 before checking this page again. ;3;

Anyway... This should should be up to page 50 of the request forum topic. :3
I can't really tell whether it's from the XBOX360 version or the PS3 version, so I ended up just putting them all in the same one.
                Lead    Support Total
Ami:            003     029     032
Mami:           013     049     062
Azusa:          021     051     072
Chihaya:        045     071     111
Haruka:         036     033     069
Hibiki:         008     063     072
Iori:           011     027     038
Makoto:         047     046     093
Miki:           029     071     090
Ritsuko:        022     054     076
Takane:         018     102     120
Yukiho:         036     079     115
Yayoi:          016     027     043

« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 04:22:03 AM by Kokuwo »

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 04:26:11 PM »
I can go through the request thread and make a list of all the requests if it helps. x3
I've been bored lately due to nothing to do for Winter Break and it interests me a little. x3
I won't count solo requests though since I don't really see how those would help. x3

EDIT: Oh... sorry... I didn't read the outfit parts of the post... D: And I already went to page 50 before checking this page again. ;3;

Anyway... This should should be up to page 50 of the request forum topic. :3
I can't really tell whether it's from the XBOX360 version or the PS3 version, so I ended up just putting them all in the same one.
                Lead    Support Total
Ami:            003     029     032
Mami:           013     049     062
Azusa:          021     051     072
Chihaya:        045     071     111
Haruka:         036     033     069
Hibiki:         008     063     072
Iori:           011     027     038
Makoto:         047     046     093
Miki:           029     071     090
Ritsuko:        022     054     076
Takane:         018     102     120
Yukiho:         036     079     115
Yayoi:          016     027     043

The math can't be right there (Takane has less leads than my entire archive which is unusual, for example) - there's 2 different formats for listing.

If (im@s1) is designated as part of its code, the first person is leader.
If (im@s2) is designated as part of its code, either the 3rd person (in quintets) or the 2nd person (for trios) is the leader. Basically 'the middle character'.

Yeah, I want to strangle NBGI too. It's messy and it confuses enough people as it is, but the problem is that it's a valid layout, and the game uses BOTH.