puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Non-Japanese Guide to iDOLM@STER 2  (Read 1765 times)

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
Non-Japanese Guide to iDOLM@STER 2
« on: December 20, 2011, 07:19:38 PM »
I know, this should belong in the Gameplay thread, but I believe this deserves a thread to itself. I'm working on a video guide of how to play iDOLM@STER 2 (Both versions) and I want some input before I go and record everything required to make it happen.

Script so far: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58631446/iDOLM@STER/Non-Japanese Guide to iDOLM@STER 2.rtf

The advanced section is intended for those who have completed the game once. I'm thinking of moving the Extra Episode section there due to spoilers.

Edit: Made some quick changes. Moved the Extra Episode section to the advanced section.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 02:54:14 AM by TheTanStar »

satty

• Producer
  • Haha, time for best Tank Witch
    • View Profile
Re: Non-Japanese Guide to iDOLM@STER 2
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 10:37:48 PM »
Everything looks solid, here are the things I noticed.

-For status indicators, it would be helpful to show which ones are which; you say to go over the manual, but if a person that doesn't know Japanese goes over the status indicators, that person probably wouldn't know which one is which.
-The amulets: show pictures of some of them, including the vital amulets. It could be nice to add a small description, too.

--Under Construction---

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 11:07:11 PM »
It's supposed to be a video guide: I'll be going over each one while referring to the manual for the icons.
I also don't have each amulet, maybe I'll reference the manual again.

Edit: Then again, I do have each of the ones stated in the script on my 360 copy; I could use those.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 11:09:24 PM by TheTanStar »

Crisu

• Filled with danketsu
    • View Profile
    • ISML
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 01:13:30 AM »
Awesome start.  ^_^  Looking forward to continued development.

I support creating new threads in general.  x.x  The gameplay one is just getting so bloated, and it's unreasonable for new people to have to read the whole thing to catch up with the conversation, which will jump from topic to topic.

Ah, FileServe...  Would you like to have this guide hosted on 765-pro.info?
くっー

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 01:15:33 AM »
It's mainly so I can keep track of the downloads, plus it's just a temporary download; The video guide is to replace it.

satty

• Producer
  • Haha, time for best Tank Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 03:14:43 AM »
It's supposed to be a video guide: I'll be going over each one while referring to the manual for the icons.
I also don't have each amulet, maybe I'll reference the manual again.

Edit: Then again, I do have each of the ones stated in the script on my 360 copy; I could use those.

Ah, okay. I wasn't paying attention to the fact that you were doing it on video.

As for the amulets, I was thinking that you would show only some amulets, not all of them.
--Under Construction---

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 04:14:44 AM »
I don't have many amulets on my PS3 copy (I've only completed one run!), but I have most of them on my 360 copy. I don't really want to show a pile of empty spaces when I show the amulets, but it'll do as I have the ones listed.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 04:34:21 PM »
Well, I've been released from my strange assignment, so I should be able to support you on both fronts there. I'll probably start picking up requests and updating stuff (The compendium so needs an update to Catalog 3 PS3 and an Xbox update) and I think I'll be able to provide video for your use as well.

Let me know what you need, since well, I have played im@s 2 to death, then some. S ranking Hyper mode is routine at my end for one.

I have all the charms on the X360, and most of them on PS3 (DLC included) so with a bit of work it shouldn't be too hard. (I need a little help in locating the remainder of the charms, since I generally just play and buy every charm ever offered to me.)
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.