Username: Password:

Author Topic: Compendium Help Request - A full scale translation.  (Read 2034 times)

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
Compendium Help Request - A full scale translation.
« on: December 13, 2011, 07:31:29 PM »
Considering I've been gearing up for a second iteration of the im@s request engine, I've been focusing on preparing various improvements.

One of them is a little more whimisical, but rather trivial to implement, well, if I could get  the translations.

Each item in the game has both a name, and when you select it, a bit of text below the name, describing the item in some form or another.

The request is rather simple - I'd like to see every item available in the compendium have their text translated.

The source is actually easy enough - The old picture compendium (Up to catalog 4) has the text for every item in each item (as it is a complete screenshot)

The hard part is of course, translating each and every one of them.

I don't expect this to be done anytime soon, but I figured I'd ask now to see if anyone is willing to chip at it. If you're up for it, I can provide further details.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Compendium Help Request - A full scale translation.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 03:11:28 AM »
This was actually something I planned to do as an entirely separate project back in July or so. I think I only got down a few floral and extend outfits, but even if it's only a little bit I'd be happy to help.

When I have access to my laptop I can dig through my files and see if I even still have the document. There won't be many translations and my Japanese skills are pretty lacking, but maybe they can help.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 01:29:50 AM »
Well, I'll take what I can get. I do have all the text, it's just a case of 'Finding people who are willing to do this' and get to work.

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

TTB

• anta nyanka...
    • View Profile
    • please help them out
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 06:44:10 AM »
Is this project still in need of translators? I have high school-level Japanese and would be glad to help translate some items.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 07:01:35 AM »
Is this project still in need of translators? I have high school-level Japanese and would be glad to help translate some items.

Well, the last person who offered disappeared... about the same time as the last post they made. I can get all the text (It's trivial, since I just massively screenshot) but I don't have anyone who can translate said text.

TTB

• anta nyanka...
    • View Profile
    • please help them out
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 05:33:34 AM »
This is just an update on the situation if anyone's interested: Setsuna is sending me screenshots containing text and I'm translating them. I've done translation work before for fansubbing groups and I'm glad to be able to contribute to promoting and supporting IM@S for English-speakers.  :)

Here is what I've got so far as of today as an example. I'm not sure how exactly this will help, but maybe someday a completely comprehensive English script can be made available for IM@S2?  :D

Ar-39: "Huggy Toro"  = "[Together no matter what] series is the motif here. Together even on stage-meow!"
Note: Toro = (white cat meme/mascot especially popular on 2ch)

Ar-40: "Cow Hooves" = "An item from the cow set. Since ancient times, the cow has been a symbol of strength. Share in the luck of such powerful strength."

Ar-41: "Idol Academy First Place Trophy" = "An item from the Idol Academy First Place set. Only those who shined as First Place winners can hold this trophy of highest honor in her hand."

Bd-39 "Cow Tail" = "An item from the cow set. The tail has the job of helping the body keep balance. With this your dance couldn't be 'moo'-re perfect!"
Note: There's a Japanese pun on the sound a cow makes, transliterated with the "moo" sound for cows in English.

Bd-40 "Idol Academy First Place Gold Medal" = "An item from the Idol Academy First Place set. Only those who were chosen are permitted to wear and display the honor of this medal."

EXT-28 "Forever Star" = "The hope that someday my hands can reach that glittering world of stars... Those wishes were crafted into this dress."

FLO-21 "Tulip Field" = "Like a field of flowers in full bloom with all the colors of the rainbow is the image that's presented. The language of flowers is love for all."

Hd-42 "Cow Ears" = "An item from the cow set. Cows are a symbol of an abundant harvest. Hopefully it will bring many blessings to the stage."

Hd-43 "Idol Academy Crown" = "An item from the Idol Academy First Place set. A prestigious laurel worthy of the Idol Academy First Place winner."

Hd-44 "Miss Kotori's Glossy Beauty Spot" = "Hehehe... With this everyone will be bewitched by me and then... I just can't stop imagining all the possibilties!"

Lg-39 "Cow Feet" = "An item from the cow set. Like a cow that can walk a thousand miles, if you keep going and don't give up, your dreams can come true!"

Lg-40 "Idol Academy Ribbon Garter" = "An item from the Idol Academy First Place set. Only First Place recipients can wear this garter ribbon."

LUX-21 "Monochrome Cowgirl" = "A cowgirl watching over a carefree young calf chewing on grass is the image meant for this outfit."

Song-27 "We'll always be together... right?" or "Watashi-tachi wa zutto... deshou?"

St-36: "Eternal Big Tree"

STA-21: "Violent Lightning" = "If you happen to see this dress, then you'll feel like you've been struck by brilliant purple lightning, and will be completely fixated on the stage.