Username: Password:

Author Topic: Rules for the Requests Subforum - Read before posting!  (Read 3202 times)

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
Rules for the Requests Subforum - Read before posting!
« on: November 28, 2011, 09:48:34 AM »
Considering I've been handed over specific threads and been granted a subforum to run operations out of, the following rules apply above and beyond the rules that apply to this forum as a whole.

I'd strongly advise against a tl;dr approach here. Ignorance is no defense against the rules.

Please see the Sticky concerning Request Thread restrictions BEFORE posting, as there are issues with certain requests that are OUTSIDE the control of the request filler.

1. Post requests in the correct thread.

There is a general request thread - See the (very long) thread that's titled the idolm@ster 2 + S4U request thread. If this thread is closed, the title of the new running thread will be posted here.

This is pretty much where most requests go - if you have a request that doesn't require specific handling in delivery (Namely, you just want a youtube request with characters with a certain layout), this is where you want to post it.

Conditions of the general thread are:

1. No particular person is obliged to fill in a request, nor over any expected timeframe. In short, people who fill requests are not obliged - feel free to bribe them with whatever you can come up with, but they're more than welcome to say 'no' if they don't want to do it.

Some people are more picky than others when it comes to processing requests. Some will specify that you use particular request patterns, like the im@s 2 online compendium found at http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1503.0.html

Others still will require you to have certain elements completed - some people don't like making other people's decisions for them. If you aren't accurate or not clear, don't be surprised when people either overlook the request or ask more questions, like if for instance the request is a PS3 or X360 request?

2. There is an upper limit of 3 outstanding requests at any given time. This will be enforced. If for no other reason, can't you just wait until your current requests are done already?!

3. It is a take it or leave it format - if you have particulars (eg, for whatever reason, you must have HD on youtube) you must specify it up front. If you don't, and someone picks it up and you don't like the result, well, they did their job, didn't they?

4. If a request has not been acknowledged for 2 weeks, a repost is permitted. Any attempt to spam a request in the hopes you'll get your request filled before someone else's is probably not going to work, for one. The forum format DOES make it hard particularly if several requests a day have been filed so if a request has been ignored, it's most likely 'No one could keep track of it.' or 'We all went on holiday and/or work'.

5. Request fillers are strongly encouraged to 'claim' a request. If for no other reason than to prevent overlap and the like. Reply with the result later on with the thread, quoting the claim and/or original.

If you require delivery of video that's not in say a youtube standard format - namely you need all 59.94 frames intact and want to edit the video for further work or other onprocessing, or you would like a video rotated 90 degrees etc, you want to post it in the M@D and Special Requests thread.

Rules here are slightly different.

Conditions of the M@D/special thread are:

1. No particular person is obliged to take the request. This applies more so due to the fact that not everyone understands the special requirements you may have, or may have the technical expertise to actually fill your request.

1a) Be as specific as possible. If you're editting video, you'll have an idea of how long, how big, what sort of throughput rates (or at the very minimum an idea of how big a video you're willing to deal with!) and so on.

If in doubt, say what you want to do with it, and what you plan to do with it. You'll find your suited requirements quick enough. You do not need to tell us exactly what you need to do with it, but you'll need to say enough for people looking to fill the request to decide if they can, can't or won't.

2. There are no limits to how much video one can request - M@D video creators for example will need 3 or 4 reels of nearly identical footage just to make one blue screened section. Just remember, the more reels you require, the more time required to complete (although this should be prety obvious).

3. Requests here do not need to be reposted if left for a while - The odds are that this thread does not move quickly enough.

4. If a request is to be cancelled, please post it in the thread IMMEDIATELY.

5. All requests in this thread must not be youtube requests. What's the point of using utterly butchered up data for your project? (For reference, youtube encodes all video to 3mbit 720p at either 30 or 29.97 frames per second. You immediately lose half the frames if you upload to youtube.)

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:40:44 AM by Setsuna »
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Rules for the Requests Subforum - Read before posting!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 10:00:32 AM »
2. The im@s 2 PS3 and Xbox 360 Compendium

There will be three threads dedicated to this.

I would personally recommend using this, if only because seeing what you want then talking in a format that everyone gets means the odds of you getting what you asked for in the first place go up dramatically. It's popular here for some reason...

1. Status updates.
The other sticky post will be updated every so often as items are added and bells and whistles are tacked on and other changes will be noted here. Having a look every so often (the title will change version wise and a changelog will be provided) would NOT be a bad idea.

I'll also take charity for various costs (as will the site hoster), but I don't demand it. Everything is provided on an 'as is' basis.

2. User requester suggestions and reports.
This is where you'd want to post bugs, oddities and suggestions about request creation. If you find typos, mistakes and/or want to provide suggestions about improving how to create a request. If you've made requests using the system, you'd want to start here.

Oh, before I forget, if you want the Xbox 360 side expanded, you'll have to help pay for it. I have enough trouble keeping up with the PS3 costs (which are aproxmently 11000 yen a month right now!) to update the compendium just for that side.

3. User filler suggestions and reports.
This is where you want to post bugs, oddities and suggestions about using the compendium to fill a request. This will most likely be lightly used (although discussion about structure of compendium request generaton is welcomed) until we allow request filling online.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:28:18 AM by Setsuna »

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Rules for the Requests Subforum - Read before posting!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 10:07:36 AM »
3. Other threads

The only other threads that should be posted in this subforum should revolve around requests, request trends, video and video technical.

Technical topics include how to mask, blue screen, setups for video capture and the like.

Other request topics include a current list of fillers, various corrab efforts and long term setups.
Actual REQUESTS must be posted in their correct thread.

The rest of the forum has various places to post other topics, so I strongly suggest that you use them instead.

Thank you for your attention, and happy requesting and filling!