Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Producer (Anime)  (Read 1710 times)

Rihsa

• View Profile
The Producer (Anime)
« on: November 23, 2011, 12:59:00 AM »
Sooooo I'm curious about how everyone feels about him. His looks, how he's portrayed in the anime and whatnot. It seems like I haven't seen anyone discuss this?

Well first I was shocked when he first appeared. I mean, I guess making the producer an actual character rather than an unseen and unvoiced one was the way to go for an anime, but I was still surprised nonetheless. Surprised and happy. And giddy.

His design is cool. For the producer I expected a more put together look for him. His hair looks like it'd be for teenage boy character, but it's not too jarring and looks good anyway. I also always pictured him without glasses, but they work for him. lol

As for his personality and story... they're great to me. He's responsible, he handles problems to the best of his ability (when Miki went AWOL comes to mind), and he's not without his faults (such as when he tried a little too hard being a producer after RK was formed).

So what do you guys think about him? Any thoughts about him'll work. Like how I thought once, "Hey, it'd be cool if the Producer appeared in S4U in iM@S2 or something. Singing that Alice or Guilty and Koi wo Hajimeyou." Namco would never do that, I realize that, but it's fun to think about it. xD

blake307

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: The Producer (Anime)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 01:08:44 AM »
At first I wasn't too sure about him when he made his first appearance in the anime. But as the anime has gone on I think he is a cool guy. He shows he really cares for the idols he produces and even has some sweet moments with some of the girls like with Yukiho in episode 3, Miki in episodes 12 and 13, Ritsuko in episode 18, and Takane in episode 19.

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 01:29:41 AM »
I think he's done exceptionally well in the anime. He's a really nice guy without being too over-the-top and balances the business side of things with looking after the idols well.

I liked his sort of plain, normal-looking design too. I assume that was done so lots of Japanese men could still feel like they were a part of it.

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 02:35:33 AM »
To me there's only one non-faceless P and it's the one by Ueda Yumehito.
That one's cool, composed, calculative and knows his own limits and accept his mistakes. Also, the best thing is that he doesn't try to get into an idol's pants, whether it's actively or passively.

satty

• Producer
  • Haha, time for best Tank Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 03:01:50 AM »
I like the Producer in the anime. He's reliable to everyone and seems to say what is appropriate to the situation, while looking like any average person.
--Under Construction---

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 05:09:36 AM »
Well, now that I've seen him, I can't imagine him any other way.
In fact sometimes when I play the game (I'm a girl) I imagine I am him sort of! Only more experienced and better.

I like Producer~san. He's a delicious mix of awkwardness and security just the way I like it.

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 05:26:10 AM »
After botching the game so badly, I've stopped making fun of the Producer.  He gets the job done.

Crisu

• Filled with danketsu
    • View Profile
    • ISML
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 07:47:31 AM »
"Broducer" is a cool dude.

Useless 90% of the time, so the idols get the spotlight.  But awesome the remaining 10%.

Episode 18 - when Ritsuko said she wanted him to produce her if she went back into the idol business -- man...
くっー

Saturos

• Producer
  • Ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 07:54:56 AM »

when Ritsuko said she wanted him to produce her if she went back into the idol business -- man...

Commence PxR shipping. I might be late but w/e  :P
MAKO MAKO RIIIIIIIIIN!!

Funkies

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 10:58:48 AM »
I've dug him from the get-go!  I liked the homage to the games with the first episode's theme, and I thought it was a clever way to initially separate itself from the same when it came time to reveal him.  Seems more like they balanced him out, considering his character is now dealing with everyone... and not just three.  I like Kenji Akabane's tone for the role, and it's nice I'm not much familiar with his other work as well.  Awkward to say, but it still applies I suppose!

Doesn't feel strange to me that they simply call him "Producer" either, and I was afraid that would be the case.  So far he's stuck to his role, even when delving into a friendly demeanor.  He seems more like a mentor, with only the intent of supporting the other characters.  At least, that's the vibe I get from his performance.  A very swell performance at that, so it's all good.

I'll go in circles if I continue on, so I'll just say he's been a big thumbs up from episode #1 for me.  He's not perfect, doesn't purport to be, and isn't afraid to admit mistakes.  Even so he tries his best for the sake of everyone else (not just the "idols" themselves), yet takes an appropriate side-step when it's time for others to shine.  Everyone seems to get an opportunity to further the story, and he's no exception.

azuyuki

• Producer
  • ~Can you see my true feelings?~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 03:50:20 PM »
I think for the most part, I like the Producer. He's a great character for the type of anime this is. He tries to get along with the girls for the sake of business but doesn't hesitate to be their older brother and a source of strength for them. And the thing is, the episodes don't really focus on him too much, he's important yes but he doesn't overtake the girls and the episodes focusing on him is really great as he's integrated well into the idolmaster world they put in. Also I like how he's afraid of dogs like Yukiho.