puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: G4U! Discussion  (Read 47667 times)

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
G4U! Discussion
« on: November 20, 2011, 07:53:15 AM »
G4U Release Dates and Information
Official Website: http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/cs/list/idolmaster/im2/ps3/gfu/

Volume #1 - Beauty Swimsuits (Cover: Haruka) - Included in The iDOLM@STER 2 Limited Edition
Volume #2 - School Uniforms, School Swimsuits (Cover: Mami) - Released: 23rd November, 2011
Volume #3 - Winter Casual, Vivid Swimsuits (Cover: Yukiho) - Release Date: 29th December, 2011
Volume #4 - Angel Swimsuits, Hawaiian (Cover: Takane) - Release Date: 26th January, 2012
Volume #5 - Pyjamas, White School Swimsuit (Cover: Yayoi) - Release Date: 23rd February, 2012
Volume #6 - Kyun Vampire,  Angel Swimsuit Black Ver. (Cover: Makoto) - Release Date: 29th March, 2012
Volume #7 -  Summer Uniform, School Gym Bloomers (Cover: Hibiki) - Release Date: 26th April, 2012
Volume #8 - Wedding Dress, Vivid Bikini Recolour (Cover: Miki) - Release Date: 24th May, 2012
Volume #9 -  Yukata, Sailor-Themed Bikinis (Cover: Chihaya) - Release Date: 28th June, 2012

I couldn't see another topic for this, but I apologise if I just missed it!

Anyway, who's been getting these? I haven't yet, but I'm sorely tempted. I thought I might hold out until a few more volumes are revealed to see what's in them. Plus, they're sooo expensive.

It probably won't happen, but I wish Namco would release them without the anime episodes. :(
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:55:21 AM by DereDereAngel »

Nii-san

• Greenhorn
  • Current Production: ダンスブレイクダウン(Dance Breakdown)
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList Profile
Re: G4U! Discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 12:24:49 PM »
I actually just bought the Limited Edition Box (I COULDN'T HELP IT ;D) so I'm looking forward to receiving my Vol. 1 (I also plan on getting the rest of them).....however, I did this after already having and playing the game for awhile and deeply regretting not having the Limited Edition Box.......so now pretty soon I'm going to have two copies of the PS3 version..... :-\
My Producer Report Card:
Mx3: Miki Hoshii with Makoto Kikuchi and Mami Futami - Grade C
new*season: Chihaya Kisaragi with Haruka Amami and Yukiho Hagiwara - Grade B

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 01:13:06 PM »
I actually just bought the Limited Edition Box (I COULDN'T HELP IT ;D) so I'm looking forward to receiving my Vol. 1 (I also plan on getting the rest of them).....however, I did this after already having and playing the game for awhile and deeply regretting not having the Limited Edition Box.......so now pretty soon I'm going to have two copies of the PS3 version..... :-\

Haha yeah... I was considering that too actually. I ultimately decided to just wait and pick up a single G4U game at some stage when I see one I really like.

If you wanted to, you could always sell your old copy on eBay. Might get almost all of the money you spent back.

Hitsuji-chan

• Amagase Touma & Jupiter Fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 03:26:19 PM »
I was never into G4U but Vol. 3 of that series is lovely (Winter casual clothes! <3). Maybe I'M going to buy that one....
The Limited Edition Box is too expensive for me D:

currently (re-)playing: Haruka naru Toki no Naka de 5 (PSP), Jyuuza Engi (PSP)

shinn87

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 03:32:52 PM »
Lost count of the times I fapped to it. Also, waiting for Lady Taka's version before I get another volume.
╔═══════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════╗
 ~ ~ ~ ~ Put this as your signature if ~ ~ ~
   ~  ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong Miki ~ ~~
   ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no friends ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═══════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════╝

Funkies

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 09:34:54 PM »
The first one is fine, but I do wonder why it was more of a "teaser" than those coming next.  The 1st only has the Beauty Mizugi, while the others promoted so far will contain a couple.  I take it more as a preview of when previous 360 DLC outfits will make their way to the PS3.  I can't imagine the complaints people will have if the Vivid Bikini is available in G4U, but not the actual game proper.  That may not be what happens, but it would be nice if it does.

Either way, the first volume is amusing.  I find it a bit strange that executing an action/request centers the camera, but otherwise it's a small gripe.  I see why it's that way, as it's ideal to have the camera centered towards taking a picture.  It helps when they do something action-oriented, so you can center the camera and take the picture in quick succession.  The extras on the disc are nice as well, like the axed Ami loading screen from the 360.  You can play it... over... and over... and over... and it will never end... until you let it.  I hope the Azusa PS3 loading screen gets included in the future, I could dig it.

The third volume is what I'm anticipating as well.  The USB functionality is nice, though I was a bit skeptical of the JPG-only format.  In the end the compression is fine, filesize is not too small or too big.

I'm up for what's next, all nine volumes (so far) of this money... spending... thing!

AweOfShe

• 真のアイドルマスター
    • View Profile
    • Streaming random games at random times, live.
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 10:02:37 PM »
I have volumes 2, 3, and 4 preordered. I will get them all, because I am a slave to Im@s. D:

I don't mind that they come packed with the anime/drama cds/soundtracks/etc. I watched the anime bluray that came with the LE, and I liked that it had the VA commentary. I hope all the other volumes have them too.

Either way, I'm pretty excited to get my hands on all of them. I'll be busy making PS3/PSP themes with the pics that I take. :)
NNID - Daioujou | 3DS FC - 0559 7548 8384
XBL/PSN/Steam - AweOfShe1

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 10:11:14 PM »
Funny thing is, i got the LE edition, but never opened the G4U case yet. when it comes to games, if it has an LE or collector  (Take your pick) it the one i always get no matter what, or else it feels like i never got it. Im getting vol 3 or 4 at some point

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 12:01:26 AM »
You guys are making me want to buy them all. >.< I wish I could afford it. :(

#4 Is really tempting. I'm kinda waiting to see what Iori or Hibiki will be on the cover of.

Nii-san

• Greenhorn
  • Current Production: ダンスブレイクダウン(Dance Breakdown)
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 05:20:58 AM »
I really liked taking pictures during the encores while I was playing through it, and the fact that you can export your pictures to a USB drive is really cool.

That, and the fact that the game and the anime (episode 20  :'( 'nuff said) are GODLIKE.

...and the fact that I'm a sucker for collections, limited editions, extra content, etc.  :-[
My Producer Report Card:
Mx3: Miki Hoshii with Makoto Kikuchi and Mami Futami - Grade C
new*season: Chihaya Kisaragi with Haruka Amami and Yukiho Hagiwara - Grade B

blake307

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 05:34:06 AM »
I would really like to get the G4U packs but I don't have the money considering how frickin expensive they are. But if I were to choose one I would say Volume 3 mainly because Yukiho is on the cover and the winter casuals are pretty cute. Especailly Yukiho's! XD

iTiffany21

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 11:19:41 AM »
I've been deciding whether to buy VOL 2 when it's available or just save that money for next months vol 3.  Plus the winter clothes in the next volume would be worth it.

Reosaur

• Amami Haruka is MY top idol. ;D
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 03:08:12 PM »
Does volume 3 come out in December? If so, it'd be nice to get in time for winter as well as a nice Christmas present for myself haha.

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 12:10:56 AM »
Yeah, December 29th, I believe.

MissDeidara

• Afuu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 12:20:18 AM »
I've been thinking about buying the Winter Casual one, but I'm still waiting for more volumes to come, so I can really choose the one I want the most (There's also the fact that I am keeping some of my money for DLC, as I recently received my Im@s copy).

Though I heard on another topic (Still not confirmed yet) the next volume will be pajamas, with Yayoi on the cover. If that really is the case then I don't care what the next volumes are going to be, I'm buying it! Now I'm wondering what will the one with Miki on the cover be. Summer Casual?
While being a fangirl of Touma, MissDeidara really enjoys beating this latter in Fes.