Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idolmaster Cinderella Girls  (Read 387780 times)

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
    • Check me out on Tumblr!
Re: Idolmaster Social Game (Working Title)
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 09:07:57 AM »
I wonder if any of the new idols will be voiced or not. But providing voices and recordings for over 100 idols seems like a lot of work...looks intriguing, though.

Seeing the leveling-up concept, I couldn't help but think of Pokemon for some reason, hahaha. However, instead of "Gotta catch'em all," it's "Gotta produce'em all!"  ;D

Neko-P

• Just another fan. Sort of.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 12:52:10 AM »
... I'll be honest and say that I'm actually excited about this. It's a really interesting idea. I actually really want to run a duo unit with these girls. Most likely, somehow involving that tan idol with what appears to be dark green hair in the live showdown screens. (I think it says Miyumi...?) And a non-passion idol to create contrast. (I'd prefer a cool, but we've only seen two original cool idols, not counting that idol at the bottom-right of the announcement image who I'm pretty sure is going to be cool.) (Of course, that unit idea relies on my having access to the game, which... isn't likely.)

However, there are a few things I wonder:

Question 1: Will there be voice-acting of ANY kind? Over 100 voices would be a daunting, and expensive, task... unless they hire previously-unknown seiyuu for very low because of their status or somesuch... BUT STILL, would Namco be willing to do that? I kind of doubt it, though it would be AWESOME. (Even if there were only, like, 20 or so actual voices that repeated for some characters...)

Question 2: Would the image on the card be the only image of said idol? (Barring leveled-up variations, of course...) I realize that with 100+ idols, presumably all with at least one level-up image (sans cannon idols I also presume), that's a lot of art. However, there was that image of different costumes in orange, green, and red, with question marks for (what is presumably) other colors. I ask because Rika's cat costume just seems... odd to me, compared to Rin's more neutral black dress or some of the other options, and it seems like a lot of the cards will clash if that's the costume in use.

Question 3: How will leveling up work? Will it be done only once per idol, moving from their starting rank to the next one up? (So, from Normal to Normal+ to Rare to Rare+?) Or maybe they'll just have a max number of stars, so that Normal cards remain normal while Rare cards remain rare?

Question 4: The idol gacha sounds... intimidating. I've seen games with gacha components, mostly MMO's, and I've NEVER liked them, mostly for the same reason that I dislike booster packs in trading card games. (In short, if you're paying money for one specific item, it REALLY SHOULDN'T be random.) So... are some idols going to be gacha-only? Are rare idols gacha-only?

Question 5: Are the work and live showdown components solo-idol-only? Will a person be able to use the unit in the co-op mode to face-off against other co-op units?

I know these questions can't be answered right now, but they're things to think about and speculate on.

EDIT:

ACTUAL NEWS(From the day before yesterday I think, due to how the international date line works...): http://ameblo.jp/project-imas/day-20111128.html

This somewhat answers my level-up question, considering we see a leveled up Haruka and Yukiho. (Also, Yukiho's Passion-type? I would have SWORN that she'd be Cute, or Cool if I were hedging my bets.) I know it says "S RARE +", but with six stars, it's pretty clear they leveled up the based Haruka and Yukiho cards.

Google translate is annoying me a bit, as it claims the article is titled "Idolmaster Cinderella Girls Released Today" and messes with the article's formatting. Anyone able to give a good idea what it says?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 01:54:29 AM by Neko-P »

satty

• Producer
  • Haha, time for best Tank Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 02:29:24 AM »
Ha, reading some threads on 4chan about iDOLM@STER, and some anons have put this idea out: what if this game was just a way for Bandai Namco to see which character designs are popular, so that when a 3rd main game/spinoff is announced, the popular characters will be there?
--Under Construction---

Rihsa

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 02:35:26 AM »
That'd be a great and interesting idea! o: I mean, it seems like kind of a waste to create all these characters and limit their potential to a cell phone game.

Anyway, ff that were the case, I'd vote for Mio, Kaede, and Rika.

Neko-P

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 02:45:22 AM »
^ I'd maybe make a bet on Rika, but I'm not sure about Mio or Kaede. We haven't seen all the characters yet, and if that IS why the game was made, then I'm pretty sure they'll use one from each category. Otherwise, if that were the intention, why separate idols by type anyway?

EDIT: Though I WILL say that Mai Fukuyama is ADORABLE and I will find some way to produce her eventually. That is, if I ever get to play this. Which I really want to do...

When does the game get released, again?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 03:48:41 AM by Neko-P »

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
    • Check me out on Tumblr!
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2011, 04:25:01 AM »
Ha, reading some threads on 4chan about iDOLM@STER, and some anons have put this idea out: what if this game was just a way for Bandai Namco to see which character designs are popular, so that when a 3rd main game/spinoff is announced, the popular characters will be there?

That's an interesting idea! If it were true, that seems like a smart move by the company to get somewhat-advance feedback on new idol designs. I would especially like to see a new set of female rivals in the next iM@S game...hint hint, NBGI. Although  they could go the route of Dearly Stars (but less failsome) and introduce the new girls on a handheld, like the PSV.

That'd be a great and interesting idea! o: I mean, it seems like kind of a waste to create all these characters and limit their potential to a cell phone game.

Anyway, ff that were the case, I'd vote for Mio, Kaede, and Rika.

I could see that too. And with the 3 of them as a unit...you have your "normal girl" character, your more serious/mysterious-looking character, and your cute/spunky character.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 05:15:55 PM »
If I had to pick three I'd like to see in other games, it'd be Miku, Rika, and this girl in the top left.

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 03:37:51 AM »
I like that Sae girl, in the kimono. Rika and Mio look good, too.
It's a cell phone game? Darn.

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 05:08:05 AM »
Using this game for popularity purposes and a spot at a next spin-off does seem likely. I'd give a ranking, though I must see all 100 idols first (or does that 100 count the multiple idol versions?). Though I'm putting some points on Kaoru Ryuuzaki and Mio Honda already.

When does the game get released, again?

I believe it is released already (It's December and they said the release date would be somewhere in November). I saw some people talking about it already (Pizzaman apparently has played this).

Neko-P

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2011, 02:42:08 AM »
Using this game for popularity purposes and a spot at a next spin-off does seem likely. I'd give a ranking, though I must see all 100 idols first (or does that 100 count the multiple idol versions?). Though I'm putting some points on Kaoru Ryuuzaki and Mio Honda already.

I believe it is released already (It's December and they said the release date would be somewhere in November). I saw some people talking about it already (Pizzaman apparently has played this).

... Kaoru? I kind of want to see more info for this game, especially on the girls, but I've been unable to come up with ANYTHING, Japanese or otherwise.

... it's out? Really? I REALLY wish I could find more screens of it...

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2011, 03:40:11 AM »
... Kaoru? I kind of want to see more info for this game, especially on the girls, but I've been unable to come up with ANYTHING, Japanese or otherwise.

... it's out? Really? I REALLY wish I could find more screens of it...

Kaoru: Normal Normal+

It's been.....three days, I guess? Well, don't expect much of info other than topics that are on the Net right now. Given the fanbase, I bet something is completed by the end of the month. lol

Neko-P

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2011, 04:03:17 AM »
... Kaoru is absolutely adorable. (Why are the Passion idols so awesome, while I've only seen, like, three Cools? Though Reiko is.. interesting. My guess, that's the "+" of the girl on the lower right of the promo image...)

I really just want to see more of the Cool idols. When I saw the three types, initially, I thought that I'd love the Cool idols, 'cause I love Chihaya and Takane... However, I've only seen Rin, who I'm not thrilled with, Kaede who's design is less-than-steller to me, and Reiko, who is... Actually really interesting, but a bit... I'm not going to say it outright, but I'm sure she has a lot of fans.

Oh well, the end of the month shall I wait for. (However, I do really want to see more of the girls. Mostly because I've already started daydreaming about a duo unit involving Rika and... most recently Mai, but I also had Rin in mind.) I'm guessing that more screens of the game will slowly be released...

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2011, 07:30:44 AM »
This is a guess, but Passion, Cool and Cute are the game equivalents of ViDaVo of the main series. For sure, Cool = Voice, so perhaps Cute = Dance and Passion = Visual?

Also, if I understand it right, the Normal, Normal+, etc. are the idols' strength levels. Rank, to highest, appears to be Normal, Normal+ Rare, Rare+, S Rare, S Rare+. How to raise your level is something I haven't seen yet. I'll post later to see what I can find.

Oh, did I mention we have a 31-year-old idol here?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:33:00 AM by RoninatorMarx »

Neko-P

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 02:07:43 PM »
That 31-year-old idol is mostly why I'm not sure the three types correspond to the three stats. She's quite obviously a high-visual-stat idol. Also, I get a feeling that Makoto isn't a Passion idol, but a Cool one. (Just a personal theory, but...) I get a feeling that the stats and types are completely disconnected. But I could be wrong...

I don't think there's an S Rare, as the S Rare + idols we've seen are level ups of the Rare + canon idols Haruka and Yukiho, and had only one more star than a Rare + idol.

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 03:31:42 PM »
That 31-year-old idol is mostly why I'm not sure the three types correspond to the three stats. She's quite obviously a high-visual-stat idol. Also, I get a feeling that Makoto isn't a Passion idol, but a Cool one. (Just a personal theory, but...) I get a feeling that the stats and types are completely disconnected. But I could be wrong...

I don't think there's an S Rare, as the S Rare + idols we've seen are level ups of the Rare + canon idols Haruka and Yukiho, and had only one more star than a Rare + idol.
Well, actually I feel like a 31-year-old idol might be able to work he cool angle better in a sexy way. She is a little old considering how old regular idols normally work for so she might be a tad unappealing in the visual section because of her age.