Username: Password:

Author Topic: Your current mood.  (Read 86311 times)

SereneMidnight

• Class is in Session
    • View Profile
Re: Your current mood.
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2011, 04:28:24 PM »
Relaxed. I finally got some temporary internet access for weekends from our landlord.

~Lyssa~

• Apprentice
  • ★ídσl príncєss★
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 05:34:45 AM »
Depressed... like I could rot in a corner and die right now. My dog just knocked down my 360 while I was playing and completely ruined my Im@s 2 disc...(I gave him tons of space to walk around - even directed him as of where to walk - and nope - he still backed into it) I've been crying for the past 2 hours - it's an early bday gift - I tried everything the support site said to do - cleaned the disc - cleared cache - checked another disc which was fine... I waited 3 weeks for this game and I haven't even had it that long and it's already - ALREADY broken. This has never happened to any of my games before - so I'm angry beyond belief and depressed to no end. I go bawling my eyes out to my mom - who always loves to ask the most idiotic question I've ever heard - "WHY ARE YOU CRYING?" Geez - why do I have emotions if I can't use them to express how I feel. Then I had to hear - "it's just a game" and that just broke me. She didn't even say anything about buying a replacement disc for MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT THAT SHE GOT ME I was hoping you all would understand....I mean, this is Im@s forums I'd expect that some of you would be heartbroken like I am if your game broke/stopped working. Why can't people understand that? Just cuz it's a game - does not mean it's not a keepsake/something you cherish. Now I have to hear "you should save up for it" when I can't even get a JOB! And then I have to hear - I'M NOT TRYING. I apply to every email - we went to places and handed out resumes - but %!$#!%$# apparently I'm not trying hard enough/I'm never trying hard enough. I don't even know what to type anymore I'm so upset... I don't even know if this all makes sense. I'm off to rot in a corner while holding im@s 2..

Mind M@ster

• Producer
  • Hibiki 4 me ♥
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 07:03:48 AM »
You have my condolences. I would go into deep depression and fury if that happened to me.

But did you have the Xbox360 vertical or horizontal? If you had it vertical then that's NEVER a good idea. And all pets (especially dogs) should also NEVER be close to games.

An iM@S2 game is $60-80? If it can't be helped, then that's your goal.

SereneMidnight

• Class is in Session
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 07:19:56 AM »
You also have my sympathies. I hope you get a new one soon.

Benpc91

• View Profile
    • IMMWS
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 08:49:36 AM »
Once you get a new copy, install the disc immediately.  This stops the disc from spinning while in play, thus lowering the chances of scratch.  As suggested by Mind M@ster, never set up the 360 vertically.

I've had the same experience with my L4U disc, except I had it set up horizontally and a little brother of a friend's bumped into it...

Good luck saving up for it.  Surely by the time you get the money, it'll decrease in price.

The iDOLM@STER MAD World Service
The Gentlemen's Guide to THE iDOLM@STER

~Lyssa~

• Apprentice
  • ★ídσl príncєss★
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 10:53:20 PM »
You have my condolences. I would go into deep depression and fury if that happened to me.

But did you have the Xbox360 vertical or horizontal? If you had it vertical then that's NEVER a good idea. And all pets (especially dogs) should also NEVER be close to games.

An iM@S2 game is $60-80? If it can't be helped, then that's your goal.

Hmm... so I should keep it horizontal? I just had some "bad luck" in the past with turning it horizontal but after all this I am definitely trying it that way x_x and yeah.... he doesn't usually do stuff like that and it was completely unexpected but I guess you could say I learned from it....a lot.

You also have my sympathies. I hope you get a new one soon.
Once you get a new copy, install the disc immediately.  This stops the disc from spinning while in play, thus lowering the chances of scratch.  As suggested by Mind M@ster, never set up the 360 vertically.

I've had the same experience with my L4U disc, except I had it set up horizontally and a little brother of a friend's bumped into it...

Good luck saving up for it.  Surely by the time you get the money, it'll decrease in price.

That's the only thing I regret NOT doing. Installing it to the hard drive... definitely doing that as soon as I get my new copy...I'm sure if I save up enough to pay for more than half - my mom will pitch in again... cuz after all - it was my present from her. x.x I almost wish yesterday didn't happen but oh well...Thanks for all the support everyone! :) It makes me feel a bit better

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 11:33:09 PM »
Hmm... so I should keep it horizontal? I just had some "bad luck" in the past with turning it horizontal but after all this I am definitely trying it that way x_x and yeah.... he doesn't usually do stuff like that and it was completely unexpected but I guess you could say I learned from it....a lot.

I hate my xbox 360 with a passion so I'm get scared to turn it on because it's red-ringed twice. Has that happened to you when you turn it horizontally? I've heard these crazy theories about horizontal v. vertical.

SereneMidnight

• Class is in Session
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2011, 12:02:51 AM »
I have mine vertical, mainly because I don't have any room to put it anywhere else. But it IS very very hard to knock down, as it has support from both sides.

Benpc91

• View Profile
    • IMMWS
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 06:41:35 AM »
I set mine horizontal, but elevated by two game cases.  That way, the bottom ventilation holes don't get covered by the floor.

The iDOLM@STER MAD World Service
The Gentlemen's Guide to THE iDOLM@STER

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 03:22:18 PM »
I have mine upside down.
Strive to be different!!

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2011, 07:09:07 PM »
I would call Scotty a hipster, but I think in truth, we are the hipsters for not conforming with Scotty.

Katsuyuki-P

• Ufufu...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2011, 10:55:14 PM »
I have mine standing horizontal, and there hasn't been any problems. Lucikly... somehow. Well, except for that one time I accidentally kicked it and ended up disc burning one of my games. T_T
Days! Just a few days away!

Ufufufu...

SereneMidnight

• Class is in Session
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2011, 12:07:16 AM »
On topic: Feeling rather derpy lately. I don't know why, either.

~Lyssa~

• Apprentice
  • ★ídσl príncєss★
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2011, 07:20:19 AM »
Feeling a bit better today seeing as mom gave me the okay to order Idolm@ster 2 again. I am guarding this disc with my life. <3 :)

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2011, 08:26:51 AM »
Feeling a bit better today seeing as mom gave me the okay to order Idolm@ster 2 again. I am guarding this disc with my life. <3 :)

Ya know, I feel bad for only thinking of this now...

... but there are some folk cures for repairing CD/DVD disks. Search Google and you might find some... I've never done that stuff before, so I can't say whether or not they'll work, or even let you get out with your XBox 360 intact. 'Course, these only work if the scratch hasn't made it to the recording film... which I think is halfway through the disc?

Your mileage may vary with those methods, of course. Some come down to personal skill, too.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 08:28:44 AM by Cael K. »
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e