Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread  (Read 100084 times)

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread
« Reply #765 on: June 17, 2013, 03:35:24 PM »
does anybody know when is the timing for the final appeal for the vamp kyun song?

http://imas2.wota.info/reference/list-of-songs

deadsnake

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 17, 2013, 08:08:42 PM »
OMG...how did I forget that list D= no audio but the words are enough

thx a lot....

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 18, 2013, 08:48:51 AM »
OMG...how did I forget that list D= no audio but the words are enough

thx a lot....

sorry, i couldn't record the audio because i didn't buy the song (i don't really like it).

deadsnake

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 21, 2013, 11:09:58 PM »
oh that's fine, it's okay. maybe sometime later I can record it for you

anyway, I never knew that delaying song releases could result at no song prepared at all :v the limit u can delay a song release(or choosing a song to be prepared to be exact) is twice. on the 3rd delay, they won't bother to ask you to release a song(on that release only I think, i lost my 5th release so I'm not very sure)

so here I was expecting to match the release week of the final song into the IA grand prix nomination at week 41, the earliest song prep is week 35, prep period is 4week so I had to delay until week 38. so 35 36 37 I refuse to choose a song and then at 38, morning greet, and then activity options... I went brain freeze for almost 15 minutes.. "what have I done..." literally facepalmed, and the worst thing is that the auto-save is on.... yeah....

I'm going to sleep now... I really need to.... oh god why....

====

so... on week 40, suddenly the 5th song release was asked again (me panicking was a false alarm) and I'm not sure the same pattern will occur with the Nth song releases... but who knows.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 10:34:33 PM by deadsnake »

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 21, 2013, 02:27:14 PM »

deadsnake

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 21, 2013, 09:16:25 PM »
how did you do that :v

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 22, 2013, 03:17:57 PM »
how did you do that :v

Save editing. I was done with this game years ago, time to have some fun with it.

Still can't beat the XILLIA audition or Ryuuguu Komachi. I don't have the appropriate charms, but it wouldn't matter.

deadsnake

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 22, 2013, 06:45:17 PM »
I regret asking D:

anyway, are you running on xbox?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 06:46:51 PM by deadsnake »

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 23, 2013, 04:33:31 PM »
I regret asking D:

anyway, are you running on xbox?
[

PS3.

I've noticed some strange behaviour having these stats though. In Hyper, I'm practically unable to win against anything. I'll have to investigate even more.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 23, 2013, 06:22:35 PM »
with "winning against", do you mean festivals? if so, then it's simple: you don't have enough memory appeals. they are important in festivals, especially on hyper, no matter your stats.

deadsnake

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 23, 2013, 07:58:03 PM »
PS3? oh, right... save editing... yep

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 25, 2013, 09:45:28 AM »
with "winning against", do you mean festivals? if so, then it's simple: you don't have enough memory appeals. they are important in festivals, especially on hyper, no matter your stats.

Oh, I see. Well, they're not necessary to beat either way, not if I'm playing like this.

PS3? oh, right... save editing... yep

Save editing exists on 360 too. I don't know too much about it, but from the cheaters I encountered in the 360 version of Dark Souls (that is to say, a lot), I imagine it to be easier.

deadsnake

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 25, 2013, 07:01:18 PM »
lol, err... originally I was really sure that u were running on xbox because I never knew there a save edit for PS3

and btw, I'm running on PS3. and I did googled on how to save edit and found some codes about im@s something like [Date 1 Unit Shinmitsudo Max]

But I dare not to try, haven't finished all the idols yet... I'm getting lazy

Himitsu

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 16, 2017, 04:11:06 PM »
I'm a bit late, but I just started playing this game a few weeks ago and there is something I'm wondering:
Is there anything that balances out the basestat advantage that some idols have? I know htat in OFA there are the different burst abilities, talent trees and gains from level ups but in Im@s 2 I haven't noticed anything that obvious that would compensate idols with lower basestats.
I thought at first that maybe it's just not significant, but Chihayas sum of 71 is actually 22 higher than Yayois 49 for example while the best accessories in the game give 13-16 stats in total, so Chihaya would basically be having one and a half accessories for free compared to Yayoi? That just seems like too big of an advantage to add for no reason. Since I don't know japanese I might just be overlooking something really obvious, please enlighten me.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 17, 2017, 09:02:53 AM »
I'm a bit late, but I just started playing this game a few weeks ago and there is something I'm wondering:
Is there anything that balances out the basestat advantage that some idols have? I know htat in OFA there are the different burst abilities, talent trees and gains from level ups but in Im@s 2 I haven't noticed anything that obvious that would compensate idols with lower basestats.
I thought at first that maybe it's just not significant, but Chihayas sum of 71 is actually 22 higher than Yayois 49 for example while the best accessories in the game give 13-16 stats in total, so Chihaya would basically be having one and a half accessories for free compared to Yayoi? That just seems like too big of an advantage to add for no reason. Since I don't know japanese I might just be overlooking something really obvious, please enlighten me.

Honestly, i never noticed something like that, mostly because it simply doesn't matter. If you are not playing hyper mode, the game is really easy once you know how to do it and have the right items (most importantly, the item that lowers the decrease rate when using a certain appeal type). You can get the necessary stuff in your first playthrough if you know where to look for it, as they are rewards for "winning" an area iirc, you just need to win the right areas. From there on, with the right strategy, getting the true end is really easy, regardless of the idols, songs and even costume you are using.