puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread  (Read 86498 times)

airgeneralpong

• View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2011, 03:08:55 PM »
Yesterday, I had downloaded the patch that comes with the DLC#1; but when I opened my game, I lost my profile along with the save data and all the unlocked contents!
I still have my achievements in my Xbox account, but my save data and profile are just gone :(

Can anyone please tell me what happened to me, and what should I do if the next DLC's patch comes.

KIRBYSIM

• 笑止!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2011, 04:13:21 PM »
Yesterday, I had downloaded the patch that comes with the DLC#1; but when I opened my game, I lost my profile along with the save data and all the unlocked contents!
I still have my achievements in my Xbox account, but my save data and profile are just gone :(

Can anyone please tell me what happened to me, and what should I do if the next DLC's patch comes.

Did you use a new X360 or something?

The save data is tied to your gamertag AND your X360 console serial number. If it goes RROD, *poof* there goes your save data.

It's been like that since the iMAS1 days.
KIRBYSIM's channel for Idolmaster 2 videos:http://www.youtube.com/user/KIRBYSIM?feature=mhum
Please rate and "Like" the videos if you've enjoyed them. Thanks!

Pizzaman

• Will sell pizza to Makoto.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2011, 06:03:06 PM »
That is why making backups on a USB is a good thing, for a long-commitment game like iM@S.

A few more notes on Break/Revival:
You may have noticed stars that spark when you get a Perfect during auditions et al.
The amount of stars determine the chances of triggering a Break/Revival.
ゲーマガ says that equipping an accessory set raises the chances of a star, but that is about it :/
A professional amateur.

RitsuFan

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2011, 07:46:17 PM »
I hope to have a big How To Play ready in the next two days, covering all parts of the game. Should make it so you need no real japanese to play (commus aside but those are always hard). See you then!

RitsuFan

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2011, 07:58:53 PM »
Oh I have an improtant question about the how to play. Does anyone have a video that shows the awards being given at the IA? Like snow white. I want to be specific as to what you need for each, and I did not record mine because I was so excited. :)

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2011, 09:22:52 AM »
Is there any  real point in buying bribes amulets? Auditions are really easy, I don't really even need them.

Sakura

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2011, 09:52:13 AM »
Is there any  real point in buying bribes amulets? Auditions are really easy, I don't really even need them.
They're pretty useful. They were for me at least. I'm not sure how far you are/what your image level is. Mine was image level 13 and I used one of the charms that lets me gain, the stuff that allows me to burst, faster and it was very useful for FES battles that were kind of difficult. While for regular auditions I used a charm that caused the depreciation of my multipliers for dance and visual appeals to go down way slower so I always had 1.2 ~ 1.5 x for both of them.

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2011, 12:30:21 PM »
Actually that makes me wonder, are image levels the same as the first game? If so, 9-11 should be enough to get through the game without any issues.

Anyway, I started using an amulet which boosts voltage gauge by using a memory. It's really useful, especially since voltage bursts are the only real way to recuperate against rivals.

I still don't have this ranking thing down though. The rigged matches aren't helping either.

Pizzaman

• Will sell pizza to Makoto.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2011, 05:52:52 PM »
Oh I have an improtant question about the how to play. Does anyone have a video that shows the awards being given at the IA? Like snow white. I want to be specific as to what you need for each, and I did not record mine because I was so excited. :)
Basically, 100k fans in specific area + winning a special Fes for that area is all you need.
Be warned that the special Fes for 首都 area does not impact IA awards in anyway, but enables you to buy the best Amulet in the game.

Actually that makes me wonder, are image levels the same as the first game? If so, 9-11 should be enough to get through the game without any issues.

Anyway, I started using an amulet which boosts voltage gauge by using a memory. It's really useful, especially since voltage bursts are the only real way to recuperate against rivals.

I still don't have this ranking thing down though. The rigged matches aren't helping either.
IA of 9-11 is good enough, but having 16 ensures you good marks from Takagi at the end of the game.

Also, Amulets that slows down Appeal Multiplier losses become important later on in Auditions and Lives.
And スガモちゃん (raises Voltage gain from regular Appeals very greatly, lowers Burst Appeal scores down greatly) is godly in Fes to a point most Producers on Twitter are saying Sugamo-chan is a guardian angel in disguise. Sorta.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 05:58:59 PM by Pizzaman »
A professional amateur.

KIRBYSIM

• 笑止!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2011, 07:36:02 PM »
How many memory appeals do you have end-game (week 40+)?

Having a hard time clearing the 歌姫・歌王子 Fes, which are necessary if you want the IA special category awards.

Basically to win the IA grand award you need to have 300,000 fans + rank in within top 10.

The category awards, you need to get 100,000 fans for each of 5 areas (the capital 首都 doesn't have a category award; but if you get 100,000 fans there and clear the Fes you get a special NamKyara amulet) to make the aforementioned Fes appear. Clear that to win the award.

Btw this is the Japanese wiki I've been referring to for strategy and omamori/jyanken/communication lists, etc: http://www44.atwiki.jp/idolmasterim2/
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 09:05:48 PM by KIRBYSIM »
KIRBYSIM's channel for Idolmaster 2 videos:http://www.youtube.com/user/KIRBYSIM?feature=mhum

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2011, 05:57:13 AM »
nd Lives.
And スガモちゃん (raises Voltage gain from regular Appeals very greatly, lowers Burst Appeal scores down greatly) is godly in Fes to a point most Producers on Twitter are saying Sugamo-chan is a guardian angel in disguise. Sorta.

Haha yeah, I just got that a few hours ago and it's really useful.

Can someone explain the flow of the game? Sometimes I do auditions with songs, and they don't change in ranking at all. I don't really get it.

Sakura

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2011, 07:23:03 AM »
How many memory appeals do you have end-game (week 40+)?

Having a hard time clearing the 歌姫・歌王子 Fes, which are necessary if you want the IA special category awards.

Basically to win the IA grand award you need to have 300,000 fans + rank in within top 10.

My memories level when I beat it was level 3. I didn't get any of the area awards. The grand award was pretty easy to get though.

KIRBYSIM

• 笑止!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2011, 07:26:30 AM »
Haha yeah, I just got that a few hours ago and it's really useful.

Can someone explain the flow of the game? Sometimes I do auditions with songs, and they don't change in ranking at all. I don't really get it.

When you announce a new single, it will come out in 4 weeks time at night.

When it comes out, for the next 4 weeks it will sell based on the following formula:

売上枚数=((((購買力÷2)+ハイスコア×4)の小数点以下切捨て)×セールスボーナス×セールス係数)の小数点切捨て

Translated:
Number of sales = ((((Spending power / 2)+High Score X 4) then round down the decimals) X Sales Bonus X Sales Coefficient) round down the decimals again).

Here's how the Spending Power and other stuff are calculated:

購買力 : 各地域の ファン数×注目度 の合計。 注目度は 赤:0.95 オレンジ:0.90 緑:0.85 青:0.80
ハイスコア : その楽曲のハイスコア。
セールスボーナス : 2曲目以降の売り上げボーナス。 2曲目:1.05 3曲目:1.10 4曲目:1.15 5曲目:1.20
セールス係数 : リリース後経過週での売上減衰。 セールス係数= (1-(リリース後経過週数-キープ発生回数)×0.25)

Spending Power: In every area, multiply the Number of Fans with Awareness level (the smiley). For Awareness, pink=0.95, orange=0.90, green=0.85, blue=0.80

High Score: the song's high score.

Sales Bonus: From the 2nd released single onwards, this increases. 2nd=1.05, 3rd=1.10, 4th=1.15, 5th=1.20

Sales Coefficient: Every week after release, the total sales for that week will drop. So Sales Coefficient = (1-(number of weeks released - number of weeks with Keep status)x0.25).

To simply things, basically what I always remember in my head while playing is that:

Sales for that week = more or less the total number of fans you have X Sales coefficient
Sales coefficient= if you did not manage to achieve a Keep, 1st week of release = 1.00, 2nd=0.75, 3rd=0.50, 4th=0.25, 5th week sales will completely stop)
High Score and the other stuff you don't really have to worry because you really can't do much about it to begin with.

So generally after I announce a new single, here's what I do:
-For 4 weeks before the song releases, accumulate as many fans as possible, and maybe do a National Audition the week it releases/the week before it releases to get all your Awareness levels as high as possible. During this time I'd also try for a best possible High Score (so don't go for Fes).

-After the song is released, for the next 3 or 4 weeks, keep going for Live so as to try and achieve a Keep. Note: Quintet Live is not applicable when trying for a Keep.

-When sales are coming to a halt, or if it doesn't seem profitable for you to try for a Keep anymore (i.e. you noticed that sales this week is only about 1/4 of the song's sales in the initial week - this is something you have to manually keep tab as the game only tracks total sales), start preparing for the next song by gathering more fans, accumulating war funds, going for lesson+promotion to up your stats AND Memory Appeals (very important), or try for one of the alternative strategies like Break (chances of it happening is higher the later it is in the game, according to President Takagi's email) or Revival.

You will not be told when you successfully achieve a Keep, Break, or Revival, so just keep track of how much sales increased for that week to see if your efforts are working.

As for the different Live/Fes/Audition/National Audition, you don't really need to worry too much about it. They're pretty much all the same.

National Audition - the hardest damn thing to pass, especially late in the game, but it will increase Awareness for all areas. Very, very useful for just before a song is released or if you have multiple areas with blue Awareness levels. But otherwise, you can just do area-specific auditions/quintet live/fes to bump up Awareness for each individual area (it sticks longer, I think for the latter 3 types, I think).

Live - only use if you want to achieve a Keep, as this thing usually gives you less fans than usual, and increases Awareness by just a little bit.

Audition/Quintet Live = gives you the best number of fans + Awareness level normally. In the instruction manual it's said that area-specific auditions don't give you much fans, but in general I've found that it gives just as much, especially late-game.

Fes = gives you best number of fans, but not much Awareness. Use when you want to try for a Break. *Or use to change song.

You can also do lesson+promotion to get a small number of fans + some awareness + parameter improvement + memory appeals.

Some other important notes:
-Doing Area Auditions/National Auditions with an older song will let you attempt a Revival.
-However, most of the time they don't give you the opportunity to change your currently producing song during an audition. *Live/Fes will definitely let you change it though, so you might want to do one of those before going to an audition for a Revival.

Some other important notes in the wiki that needs to be translated:

ブレーク時売上

上記計算式のセールス係数がブレーク発生後既定の値に変動する
ブレーク:1.2→1.0→0.6→0.3
スーパーブレーク:2.5→1.5→1.0→0.5

Sales during a Break
-----------
Keeping in mind the above formula, when the Break happens Sales Coefficient for the next couple of weeks is:
During Break: 1.2 -> 1.0 -> 0.6 -> 0.3
During Super Break: 2.5 -> 1.5 -> 1.0 -> 0.5

ファン人数によるファン数減衰
注目度桃、黄、緑、青をそれぞれS、A、B、Cとすると、
S:-0%
A:-2%
B:-3%
C:-5%

Decay in No. of Fans due to Awareness Level
-------
Awareness levels can be pink, yellow, green or blue (S, A, B, C respectively)
S:-0%
A:-2%
B:-3%
C:-5%

And this following part I'm not too sure what it means... can someone else whose Japanese is better translate?

となった。また、注目度が変化した"後"に減衰が起こっていた。
S→AとB→Cの時に減衰率の増加が激しく、A→Bでは抑え目になってる。
よって、
ファン人数が多くなる中盤以降からは減衰させないことを重視
ファン人数の多い地域は注目度を下げすぎない
注目度Bになってからライブ等で注目度回復させるのが効果的
S→Aの時も割と減衰するので、全体ライブでSをキープするとお得?
と言えるかと思う。

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2011, 08:05:25 AM »
oh god, it's 10x more complex than the original game D:

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2011, 08:31:39 AM »
oh god, it's 10x more complex than the original game D:
100x more complex D: The original barely had any complexity to it at all...not like this.