puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Thought on an Idolm@ster SP 2  (Read 10908 times)

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
    • Check me out on Tumblr!
Re: Thought on an Idolm@ster SP 2
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2011, 12:37:41 AM »
Reviving an old topic here, what would you all think about a Vita SP 2? I've heard that the cards the games come on will be up to 4gb, so hopefully bamco would not have to split it into 3 versions. Also, the Vita is region free.

I think it would be nice to see a Vita release after iM@S 2. Takane, Hibiki, and Miki would be produceable, and I especially missed producing Miki in SP even though I loved SP and Project Fairy. It would be nice if it didn't quite follow iM@S 2's storyline as in Ryuuguu Komachi would be produceable, and instead your rivals would be only Jupiter. If the game cards are up to 4GB, maybe it will even be possible to produce a trio unit.

And region-free is always nice. I'm glad they're releasing iM@S 2 for the PS3 since I was a bit sad before that my only chance to play iM@S was for the PSP (and Dearly Stars with the DS Lite, but that's not the same experience). If they released iM@S 2 for the PS3, I wouldn't be surprised if the next iM@S game ended up on the PSV. 

BlueBird

• Greenhorn
  • 私はアイドル!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2011, 09:47:21 PM »
Nice to see my thread brought up again :) . Well I think the VITA would be good for a portable version of IM@S 2, though I agree there should be some changes, because it looks like it could handle graphics close the actual IM@S 2. Maybe, if we're lucky, there will be proper mouth syncing and clothes and hair movement. I think if they did make another Dearly Stars (I really like the name THE iDOLM@STER: 3 Destined Stars) for 3DS, it would look pretty awesome, because I think there are going to be 4gig carts for the 3DS too. They would be able to fit more songs, have better graphics (I mean have you seen DoA: Dimensions, MGS3, and RE: Revelations?), and maybe AR concerts. I think the problem with the SP version was that they were trying to fit so much onto a UMD, It had 12 idols (13 if you count Ami and Mami as separate idols) and 3 to produce with separate story lines, which doesn't sound like much but a lot of little things does take up part of its 1.8gigs of memory. The 3DS I feel isn't taken as seriously, but for a little machine it can make pretty impressive visuals. A plus for both is they both have the possibility to buy DLC (this will be implemented in a 3DS update).
My Favorite Idols are Yukiho, Yayoi, and Takane

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2011, 10:20:48 PM »
Nice to see my thread brought up again :) . Well I think the VITA would be good for a portable version of IM@S 2, though I agree there should be some changes, because it looks like it could handle graphics close the actual IM@S 2. Maybe, if we're lucky, there will be proper mouth syncing and clothes and hair movement. I think if they did make another Dearly Stars (I really like the name THE iDOLM@STER: 3 Destined Stars) for 3DS, it would look pretty awesome, because I think there are going to be 4gig carts for the 3DS too. They would be able to fit more songs, have better graphics (I mean have you seen DoA: Dimensions, MGS3, and RE: Revelations?), and maybe AR concerts. I think the problem with the SP version was that they were trying to fit so much onto a UMD, It had 12 idols (13 if you count Ami and Mami as separate idols) and 3 to produce with separate story lines, which doesn't sound like much but a lot of little things does take up part of its 1.8gigs of memory. The 3DS I feel isn't taken as seriously, but for a little machine it can make pretty impressive visuals. A plus for both is they both have the possibility to buy DLC (this will be implemented in a 3DS update).

Haha, my main wish for the next portable iM@S game is definitely better lip-synching. In SP, it just looks awkward when an idol is holding a long note yet her mouth keeps moving. Also, when an idol's accessory or hand somehow manages to go through their body. XD

3 Destined Stars...I like the sound of that. I wouldn't mind a release on either, but I'm hoping for a PSV version. Region-free!

BlueBird

• Greenhorn
  • 私はアイドル!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2011, 10:32:12 PM »
A PSV version would be good because one thing I did enjoy about SP was that it was portable. Thought I have no friends who enjoy IM@S as much as I do, physically, it was a nice plus for me to be able to watch performances on the go. I also liked just pulling my PSP out of my pocket and think "Hey I could train Yukiho" while on the train or something. I don't really mind if people see or judge because it's what I like, even if I am a 15 year old boy...
My Favorite Idols are Yukiho, Yayoi, and Takane

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2011, 02:44:09 AM »
PSV has a touch screen so we could go back to the Arcade roots!
The only thing I didn't like about SP was that you had to 'collect-them-all' and Mikimiki wasn't producable.
I mean I didn't mind all that much, but I would have liked to experiment producing all the idols.

As long as it had some good gameplay features that made it unique and just as special as SP I'm sure it would be good.

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2011, 03:22:18 AM »
A PSV version would be good because one thing I did enjoy about SP was that it was portable. Thought I have no friends who enjoy IM@S as much as I do, physically, it was a nice plus for me to be able to watch performances on the go. I also liked just pulling my PSP out of my pocket and think "Hey I could train Yukiho" while on the train or something. I don't really mind if people see or judge because it's what I like, even if I am a 15 year old boy...

Exactly my thoughts...and none of my friends are into iM@S either unfortunately. (Although on the flip-side, I'm a 15-year-old girl. XD)
With the added space of the PSV, I wonder if it would even be possible to produce an idol unit of 3. I bought SP when I first got into iM@S and was still really new to the fandom, and it was only till I started playing the game then I realized, "You can't produce a unit here!" I think if Bamco creates a PSV version Miki, Takane, and Hibiki will be produceable as usual meaning no Project Fairy, but Ryuuguu Komachi should also be produceable. However, your rivals would still be Project Jupiter. Don't know if I'm making any sense, but...I guess I'm saying the plot should be slightly similar to the iM@S2-verse in the fact that Jupiter is your rival, but all the idols should be produceable. Maybe even Ritsuko too.