puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Thought on an Idolm@ster SP 2  (Read 9552 times)

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
Re: Thought on an Idolm@ster SP 2
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2011, 09:04:59 PM »
No! Don't even mention 3DS! (It's already been mentioned, huh?)

I can't bear another region locking! So let's pray for a sony console release...ps3 ps3 ps3 ps3 ps3

Yeah, Im@s All Stars in HD please. 765 vs. 876 Ultimate All Stars? (Sounds like a good doujin fighting game.)

Honestly, though... I'd see a release for a portable system more likely if there's going to be one at all, since the home systems are covered. I'd also bet they'd release for the portable console that's cheaper to make for.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

digi162

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2011, 10:40:48 PM »
I'd have to imagine another portable game is next, or a port to the PS3 next year.  Each year (almost) an IM@S game has come out, and I don't think they can pull another L4U given a version is in the game already.  3DS or NGP makes the most sense, but I would assume NGP would be the better choice due to the touchscreen aspects.

Although I'd have to wonder if they would have to do what they did with SP again since it was mentioned 2-4GB were the sizes of the NGP card.  At that point, I'd rather just have a portable S4U game with a ton of content...
MCDONALDS x YAYOI FANFIC PLZ

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
    • Check me out on Tumblr!
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2011, 11:05:28 PM »
No! Don't even mention 3DS! (It's already been mentioned, huh?)

I can't bear another region locking! So let's pray for a sony console release...ps3 ps3 ps3 ps3 ps3

A PS3 release would be ideal. But a portable release seems the most likely right now, because as for home consoles, it's an XBOX360-exclusive. But hey, if there can be an IM@S-anime, a PS3-port may not be far off on the horizon...maybe next year.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2011, 12:00:51 AM »
Yeah, even though they say it will never happen, I don't think it's all too impossible. I mean we have male idols.
It's just gonna be a waiting game.

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2011, 09:01:31 PM »
They've ported some of the Tales-of games to PS3, such as Tales of Vesperia, which was originally on the 360, and Tales of Graces, which was originally on the Wii, so I don't see why they can't do it with IM@S. They'd make more money on the PS3 anyways, since it's a more popular console in Japan. And we Westerners could play it too! XD

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2011, 01:20:12 PM »
Yeah, and because the increased processing power we can have RK on the same disk.

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2011, 04:56:41 AM »
Yeah, and because the increased processing power we can have RK on the same disk.

They did improve Tales of Graces and Tales of Vesperia in their PS3 ports with more capabilities, so hey, give us RK. Maybe even a separate bonus extra in which you can produce them? It wouldn't go along with the story quite, but...argh, I don't know if I make any sense. But they'll be produce-able. XD

And Jupiter should get another song and different outfits. >:3 /shot

Neko-P

• Just another fan. Sort of.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2011, 04:37:21 AM »
 A few thoughts on the prequel thing:

Maybe the different endings could lead to the different universes we know of. Like, the endings for Mai's story could lead to one of the non-SP to DS storylines, while ending in Kotori's storyline might end up in the Arcade storyline where she isn't seen very much (possibly because she was successful already?)

Also, I find it convenient that we have image songs for both of our named idols. XD Plus, both ALIVE! and Sora are really nice congs. ^_^ (Though, what would Mai's image song be?)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 04:54:55 AM by Neko-P »

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2011, 03:58:49 PM »
A few thoughts on the prequel thing:

Maybe the different endings could lead to the different universes we know of. Like, the endings for Mai's story could lead to one of the non-SP to DS storylines, while ending in Kotori's storyline might end up in the Arcade storyline where she isn't seen very much (possibly because she was successful already?)

Also, I find it convenient that we have image songs for both of our named idols. XD Plus, both ALIVE! and Sora are really nice congs. ^_^ (Though, what would Mai's image song be?)

That's actually a really good idea. I guess Mai's image song would still be ALIVE, because it was originally her song, even if it's Ai's image song now. Or they could make a new song~

Neko-P

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2011, 12:05:53 AM »
That's actually a really good idea. I guess Mai's image song would still be ALIVE, because it was originally her song, even if it's Ai's image song now. Or they could make a new song~

I'm going to have to veto the new song. (Even if I can't technically do that...) Just because we're ignoring the part of canon of who her producer was(which is why Mai's story actually would never lead to the SP-DS storyline...), I'm pretty sure we should keep her song.

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2011, 01:08:26 AM »
I'm going to have to veto the new song. (Even if I can't technically do that...) Just because we're ignoring the part of canon of who her producer was(which is why Mai's story actually would never lead to the SP-DS storyline...), I'm pretty sure we should keep her song.

Hahaha. Yeah, ALIVE fits. Just an idea~

Neko-P

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2011, 01:16:11 AM »
Some random math to figure some things out. Mostly ages and relative years.

Mai is 29 years old
Kotori is ≤25 years old

Arcade is at year 0 for these purposes, as is 360 and SP(each as a seperate storyline).
DS, and iM@S 2 are year 1.
I'm not sure how long after 360 L4U is set, so that's not included. (Not like it matters anyway, being just a stage show game with little to no plot attached...)

In DS, Mai is 29. If she was 16 during her idol days, that makes a 13 year gap, putting the game at a potential year -12(Or, twelve years before the events of any of the games, thirteen before 2.)
In the original games, Kotori is ≤25. Taking at her highest possible age, 25, the oldest she can be is 13. (loli!Kotori? It's not really that unlikely an age... I mean, look at Yayoi, Ai, and the Futami's!)
An even middle number for this puts the third mystery idol(the one who fell in love with Takagi... in theory) would be 14 or 15. If she would be older than the other two, then 18 would also work. That'd make her, at the oldest, 30 as of year 0. (Unless she debuted at somewhere like Azusa's age, where she'd be older...)
If playing as Takagi for the purposes of the game, that'd make him 42 as of year 0. (That seems a bit old to me...)

Also, image colors: We know Kotori's would be the "light yellow color of chicks", but what would Mai's be? Some form of red or scarlet? That would leave a blue or greenish color to the third idol...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 01:18:21 AM by Neko-P »

BlueBird

• Greenhorn
  • 私はアイドル!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2011, 11:25:54 AM »
This is slightly on topic, but I bought a 3DS and if it wasn't region locked (though only slightly I think) and the 3D would make idolm@ster performances AMAZING!!!!
My Favorite Idols are Yukiho, Yayoi, and Takane

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2011, 04:10:48 PM »
This is slightly on topic, but I bought a 3DS and if it wasn't region locked (though only slightly I think) and the 3D would make idolm@ster performances AMAZING!!!!

If the 3DS isn't region-locked and they decided to make an iM@S game for it...that would make my YEAR. I sure hope it isn't. However, Nintendo usually does selective region-locking (certain games are locked while others aren't). In other words, all the good games are region-locked while all the other ones pass. And it would probably include iM@S since Dearly Stars was region-locked for the DSi...

*looks it up online*

http://ds.about.com/od/nintendods101/f/Is-The-Nintendo-3ds-Region-Free-Or-Region-Locked.htm

Unfortunately, it is. Damn game companies. Why can't all systems be made region-free? Now our hopes ride on an NGP or PS3 release, I guess. XD

Although I really want an iM@S 3DS now...and I want a 3DS myself.

redhairedking

• View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2011, 05:55:29 AM »
Reviving an old topic here, what would you all think about a Vita SP 2? I've heard that the cards the games come on will be up to 4gb, so hopefully bamco would not have to split it into 3 versions. Also, the Vita is region free.