puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Thought on an Idolm@ster SP 2  (Read 10207 times)

Neko-P

• Just another fan. Sort of.
    • View Profile
Re: Thought on an Idolm@ster SP 2
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 04:25:49 AM »
 Well, an idea I had for a new game in general was a sort of Prequal to Imas, set before any of our idols were produced, with Mai and Kotori being playable. (And some other person for the third... I don't know who, though. >.<)

I think that using Kotori alone might be enough to drive fans wild, though.

Otherwise, I'd love to see a L4U style PSP game. That way, I could play it. ^_^

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
    • Check me out on Tumblr!
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 04:42:59 AM »
Well, an idea I had for a new game in general was a sort of Prequal to Imas, set before any of our idols were produced, with Mai and Kotori being playable. (And some other person for the third... I don't know who, though. >.<)

I think that using Kotori alone might be enough to drive fans wild, though.

Otherwise, I'd love to see a L4U style PSP game. That way, I could play it. ^_^

A L4U-style PSP game would be nice. Because I could play it too. With Miki, Takane, and Hibiki playable.

And a prequel with Mai and Kotori would be awesome. It would be cool to learn about their pasts. I love Kotori's voice, and I think everyone likes Kotori anyways, so...yeah. XD

But what about when Mai gets pregnant with Ai? Drama...

Sev

• Producer
  • Making a better tommorow tommorow
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 07:48:16 AM »
But what about when Mai gets pregnant with Ai? Drama...
DLC anyone XD

Like a bird in the sky I believe i can fly

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2011, 01:56:49 AM »
DLC anyone XD

I'd buy that drama! XD

Or, I'm not sure if this makes sense but I was thinking...it could be more towards the end of Mai's story, kind of like an epilogue, like what Miki had? Basically, you reach the pinnacle of Mai's career at the end, but then *DUNDUNDUN* she's pregnant. But who's the father? What if it was the producer? O.o

Neko-P

• Just another fan. Sort of.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 02:35:48 AM »
What if it was the producer? O.o

Can't be. In Dearly Stars, Reika Ozaki was confirmed to be Mai's previous producer. But maybe as a 2nd Vision title it'd be set in iDOLM@STER 2-verse, where she was produced by a guy? I wouldn't exactly put it past them.

(Also, the only other prequal idol I can think of is a much younger Azusa, which wouldn't work for plot reasons. >.<)

Magenta Galaxy

• Apprentice
  • Protege of 961
    • View Profile
    • Aesir Subs
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2011, 08:03:52 PM »
I think we all know who the true idol of ages past is.

And that's President Kuroi.

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 10:31:06 PM »

Can't be. In Dearly Stars, Reika Ozaki was confirmed to be Mai's previous producer. But maybe as a 2nd Vision title it'd be set in iDOLM@STER 2-verse, where she was produced by a guy? I wouldn't exactly put it past them.

(Also, the only other prequal idol I can think of is a much younger Azusa, which wouldn't work for plot reasons. >.<)

I think we all know who the true idol of ages past is.

And that's President Kuroi.

I forgot to put this too: If they did an IM@S2-verse thing, it'd make sense. It would make for a good drama, but after Mai retires from being an idol, it would get kind of weird and turn into some at-home sim thing? It wouldn't be any good, so maybe that idea is...tossed. XD
 I'd like to see a younger Azusa, but yeah...it wouldn't work due to the plot...

And hey, if Kuroi used to be an idol, I guess it would make sense that he's put out male idols now.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 10:36:23 PM by ikuto-sama »

Haldo

• ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 11:11:56 PM »
Kuroi as an idol? I didn't know girls dig inky black siloettes...
Yattaaaa! The forum is back!!!

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, 02:16:23 AM »
Kuroi as an idol? I didn't know girls dig inky black siloettes...

Hey, a silhouette can be sexy sometimes. XD Not really.

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2011, 10:13:31 PM »
If there was an SP 2, I could see it on the PS3 with all the magical graphics of 2 on the Xbox. Although, PsP would be nice too. I JUST WANT IT ON A SYSTEM WITHOUT REGION LOCK ;~;

@Prequel: That certainly would be an interesting play. I would go nuts to play as Kotori.

BlueBird

• Greenhorn
  • 私はアイドル!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2011, 10:22:54 PM »
pertaining to a prequel, does the president of 765 pro say that the idol he produced fell in love with him? The player would be him and the idol selection would be this mysterious idol, Kotori, and Ai's mom which would be cool.
System wise I do hope the next game comes on a region lock FREE system. The Xbox has selective region lock (which I believe the 3DS has it as well) so some game foreign games can be played on an American 360 sadly Idolm@ster isn't one of these titles. If they make another portable game in general lets hope it's not region locked. Why cant they just release the game with English subs, I don't think fans want a dub version. 
My Favorite Idols are Yukiho, Yayoi, and Takane

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 03:11:00 AM »
pertaining to a prequel, does the president of 765 pro say that the idol he produced fell in love with him? The player would be him and the idol selection would be this mysterious idol, Kotori, and Ai's mom which would be cool.
System wise I do hope the next game comes on a region lock FREE system. The Xbox has selective region lock (which I believe the 3DS has it as well) so some game foreign games can be played on an American 360 sadly Idolm@ster isn't one of these titles. If they make another portable game in general lets hope it's not region locked. Why cant they just release the game with English subs, I don't think fans want a dub version. 

Nintendo does select-region locking as well, unfortunately. :( I would love it if they released the game with English subs. It would be bad if they had poor English voices and kept the Japanese vocals, or if they dubbed the whole thing, so subs is the way to go. But it's highly unlikely that the game will ever come to the U.S. Everyone assumes visual-novel-sim games aren't popular here, and I just feel that if they release it in the U.S...so many things could go wrong. Unless they just put English subs and didn't change anything else about the gameplay.

I just want another IM@S on PS3 or PSP, end of story. XD

BlueBird

• Greenhorn
  • 私はアイドル!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2011, 05:21:15 AM »
Here are some conversation starters/questions:
What are things you would like to see included?
Do you think they would introduce any new idols as rivals or focus on?
Would you like to play as the Producer or as the Idol?

For me better lip syncing and the idolm@ster 2 outfits and assets. I think with the new handhelds having bigger memory for games (like both NGP and 3DS cards will eventually go up to 8 gigs I believe) we might be able to see at least 2 idols an stage at once.
If they were to have a different story than idolm@ster 2, I would want to see the Idolm@ster BREAK manga story. Playing as the main character (I forgot his name) would be cool and seeing the idols through his eyes would be more in depth because he's not a shell, he has a personality.
My Favorite Idols are Yukiho, Yayoi, and Takane

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2011, 06:04:59 AM »
As for an IM@S SP 2, it would be nice to see better lip-synching and have more unlockable outfits and accessories, as well as more creative DLC and IM@S 2 outfits. If the 3DS or NGP have enough memory, maybe it would be possible to see duets on stage. Although I don't want it to take after IM@S 2 or be based off of the IM@S 2 storyline, it would be nice to see songs such as SMOKY THRILL, Little Match Girl, The World is all One, and IM@S 2nd mix as well.

I would like to see new rivals introduced, and as much as I like Jupiter, they should be female this time. I think it's about time they introduce new female characters to the series.

Also, I'd like the game to still be from the Producer's perspective, although if it was from the idol's that would be cool too. The idea of an IM@S-Break-based game just doesn't appeal to me that much. The harem-idea gets old fast...I only read the manga because it's IM@S. And Yukiho's adorable in it.

And...maybe an appearance from our 876 friends? It could happen on the 3DS... ;D

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2011, 05:50:14 PM »
No! Don't even mention 3DS! (It's already been mentioned, huh?)

I can't bear another region locking! So let's pray for a sony console release...ps3 ps3 ps3 ps3 ps3