Username: Password:

Author Topic: Thought on an Idolm@ster SP 2  (Read 10381 times)

BlueBird

• Greenhorn
  • 私はアイドル!!!
    • View Profile
Thought on an Idolm@ster SP 2
« on: January 29, 2011, 11:53:22 PM »
Do you think that there is a possibility of an Idolm@ster SP 2? What do you think they would changes story wise (like in the first SP Miki leaving). I really want them to do this and with the announcement of the NGP, which has almost the power of a PS3, I think they could have a full Idolm@ster experience. The graphics would be great, the mouth syncing would be better, and they could implement the improved physics system in IM@S 2. Thoughts?
My Favorite Idols are Yukiho, Yayoi, and Takane

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Thought on an Idolm@ster SP 2
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 12:10:05 AM »
Ps3 Version would come first IMO

BlueBird

• Greenhorn
  • 私はアイドル!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 01:19:44 AM »
 I don't see a PS3 version in the near future. I feel like Microsoft has made some deals. Thats why there are no big iterations on other consoles. I feel like Miki is a 360 exclusive because she not available to produce in any other versions.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 02:29:15 AM »
I don't see a PS3 version in the near future. I feel like Microsoft has made some deals. Thats why there are no big iterations on other consoles. I feel like Miki is a 360 exclusive because she not available to produce in any other versions.
Which is unfortunate because the PS3 is such a good console.
I feel that way about Miki too since her and Haruka kind of fought for the main heroine role in im@s 360/

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 02:57:31 AM »
<insert predictable male-rival-idols here> lol

But what I could see in an SP2 (assuming it'll come) is the option to at least produce two idols at once (I saw this for a DS2 as well. XD), or perhaps even three, if the console can. You have 12 idols (Ami and Mami counted as one). You can split them in threes and have four possible titles. XD
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 02:59:46 AM by RoninatorMarx »

BlueBird

• Greenhorn
  • 私はアイドル!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 04:20:55 AM »
Which is unfortunate because the PS3 is such a good console.
I feel that way about Miki too since her and Haruka kind of fought for the main heroine role in im@s 360/

I would really love to see a PS3 version 2 too because its region free and to see the idols in HD is better than my PSP screen. I think that in the original Idolm@ster SP they should have given you the ability to produce 2 idols because I'm really sure that the PSP could have handled it and better physics. I honestly think they could have fit this is in because games like Project Diva 2nd are on the same system and they can fit multiple character models and more intricate backgrounds. With the idea of an Idolm@ster DS2 being put out there the power of the 3DS is a lot greater so it'll look better, be in 3D (YAY!) but it might be region protected. 

Magenta Galaxy

• Apprentice
  • Protege of 961
    • View Profile
    • Aesir Subs
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 02:15:59 PM »
The difference between Idolmaster and Project Diva though is the sheer amount of content. True, Project Diva has a lot of songs and multiple singers for each too, but the sheer breadth of voiced content in all the events, lessons, story sequences, IUs, rival auditions, etc in SP is just breathtaking. Not to mention the costume mapping, even if they did cut the number of different base models down considerably for SP.

That said, chances of us seeing an im@s on either 3DS or NGP is pretty high, I think. 3DS could be interesting and the series kind of lends itself to giving a bit of kinetic feeling to it's dances via the 3D, but it's more likely we'll see an NGP due to the success of SP and the flop that was Dearly Stars, much as I love it.

ib4 doujin game etc

Kaminos

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Project-Imas
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 05:30:42 PM »
IMAS2 will never be released on PS3 (maybe they do a remake or I-don't-know-what, but THE iDOLM@STER 2 is life time 360 exclusive)

But a SP2 on PSP (or maybe more NGP ?) is definitely possible.

BlueBird

• Greenhorn
  • 私はアイドル!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 10:38:08 PM »
From what I heard the 3DS has selective region protection (like the 360 where only some games have region lock) This means that if they make an Idolm@ster DS2 then might be region and lock and we all don't want that. On that note I would actually want to see idolm@ster on a 3DS because the stage performances do lend themselves quite well for a 3D effect.

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
    • Check me out on Tumblr!
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 06:41:52 AM »
It would be nice to see an IM@S release for the 3DS especially with the use of the 3D-graphics, and 3DS graphics look just as good if not better than a PSP's. Unfortunately, knowing Nintendo, it'd likely be one of the region-locked games. :(

A NGP release would be cool too, I guess. Although I'm sad since I purchased my PSP in Japan 6 months ago along with SP, so it's likely I won't get one anytime soon, and a 3DS comes first.

But personally, I'd prefer a PS3 release over hand-helds. Even an L4U/S4U-esque game. It's possible that Microsoft may have a special deal with Namco to keep IM@S XBOX360-exclusive, but they've ported Tales of Vesperia to the PS3 and that came out on the XBOX360 first. And the 360 doesn't make as much money in Japan, with the exception of IM@S, Dream Club, the Tales-of series and a few other titles. It would be the best investment to port to the PS3.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 01:47:01 PM »
Besides, it's not like they haven't surprised us before. I mean who really predicted the handheld games.
A ps3 game is just as unpredictable, I suppose.

Sev

• Producer
  • Making a better tommorow tommorow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 07:47:57 AM »
Allow me to create a theory that would support the idea of a NGP release of the iDOLM@STER

Namco and Sony have become quite close in the past couple of years even closer in past couple of months. Though there are no obvious signs of this subtle hints can been seen. Starting around 2007 Sony's been trying real hard to get close to Namco ever since a report came out saying that Namco's games were selling better on PS3 than its own (Case and point Ridge Racer 7 outsold Resistance Fall of Man that year). That same year the two companies jointly created Cellius a company that was crated to "help take share from Microsoft Corp. and Nintendo Co" interestingly enough one year later iDOLM@STER SP came out. Now several years later Namco decides to make an Anime of iDOLM@STER. Who ends up as the animation company A-1 pictures a subsidiary of you guessed it Sony. Shortly before this was announced Sony announces its new NGP which though officially hasn't been said I'm guessing it uses technology provided by Cellius. Based on this information one could come to the conclusion that since Namco helped make the NGP through Cellius they would most likely want to release games on it and one of those games could be some kind of iDOLM@STER port to help kick-start the consoles success.

Like a bird in the sky I believe i can fly

digi162

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 08:25:44 AM »
An IM@S SP2 game on the NGP would be BALLIN'

Utilizing the touch screen aspect would be a nice throwback to it's arcade roots.  I'm not too sure on if it should follow a story, or just be an L4U type game though.  They could keep the hybrid aspect going, much like how SP was a hybrid of both L4U and the original.  Although if you make it an L4U type game, it would rely heavily on DLC unless the game came packaged with a ton of outfits and songs off the bat.  Which might be a bad idea considering how hit and miss the PSP DLC was, especially when the creativity ran out and they just started porting Xbox outfits to get your money.  

It would make sense if it occurred right after the events in SP, and you have all 12 idols at your disposal.  However it'd be such a cop out to just port the story from IM@S 2 and introduce male rivals.
MCDONALDS x YAYOI FANFIC PLZ

iDOL15

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 09:33:23 PM »
The only way I would see it happening is if took place sometime befor iM@S 2 and was like Dearly Stars 1.5 only this time you'd have the 765 idols as rivals to 867 or vice versa.

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
    • Check me out on Tumblr!
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 02:06:42 AM »
If an IM@S SP2 came out for the NGP, then that'd be reason for me to buy one. XD It would be nice to see some DLC, but I agree, it seemed that creativity seemed to run out with the PSP DLC. I'd like a story gameplay/L4U hybrid myself, but I'd like the portable game to have its own storyline, not just taking the IM@S2 storyline and adding male idols. Although I do like Jupiter.... And it would be nice to be able to play with Miki, Takane, and Hibiki on the go.