Username: Password:

Author Topic: Project-imas' IMAS videos  (Read 6517 times)

Picup

• Producer
    • View Profile
    • justice to believe - wordpress blog
Re: Project-imas' IMAS videos
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 01:13:46 AM »
What are you using for these videos?  I will be getting a Hauppauge which does 1080 and if I remember Live for You! does 1080 while iDOLM@STER does 720 only. 

I think your videos look fine, better than what I did.

We were having a discussion about it on the im@s 2 thread (albeit a bit off topic haha...) let's see....

He said he has a Hauppauge HD PVR

Anyways, yeah pretty much same sentiments, they're great. 8D; iirc I can't do HD recording -grumbles and kicks Dazzle across the room-

KIRBYSIM

• 笑止!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 01:15:14 AM »
Yep, using a HD PVR.

I never noticed this before, but the colours are sorta washed out and some of the details can be quite flaky... but mostly I'm concerned about colour-desaturation.

It looks like most of the Youtubers do their own colour correction/add saturation filters to their HD PVR-capped videos to make it look more in-line with what you'd see on an HDTV. I'm a little disappointed that there's no quick-fix saturation/sharpening setting you can tweak with to improve the results - the built-in settings within the ArcSoft software doesn't actually do anything, strangely enough.

@Kaminos: hey, cool, so you're a games journalist in France?
KIRBYSIM's channel for Idolmaster 2 videos:http://www.youtube.com/user/KIRBYSIM?feature=mhum
Please rate and "Like" the videos if you've enjoyed them. Thanks!

ProjectAria

• Do your work or else!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 02:11:11 AM »
He's probably using a Hauppague HD PVR, which I'm getting in 3 days (well, it's mostly for work, but I will also use it to do some personnal reviews).
I don't know what Hauppauge you're talking about, but if it's the HD PVR one, it does 1080i, not 1080p (which is very sad). And interlaced sucks. So you'd better be recording in 720p too ;)

Some capture devices do 1080p, such as the Matrix Mini Max 2 (or something like this), Black Magic Shuttle (but you have to have a USB 3.0) and Black Magic Intensity, which is internal.

The other ones are way too expensive for a non-professional use.

For the time being, the Hauppauge HD PVR definitely is the best choice, as long as you can afford it (180 euros / 240 USD)

Yeahm I should of said 1080i and i'm getting Hauppauge HD PVR also.

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 09:26:18 AM »
No games do 1080, regardless of what they say. Even FF13 had 1080p movies with 720p everything else.

Kaminos

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Project-Imas
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 10:28:15 AM »
I'm a little disappointed that there's no quick-fix saturation/sharpening setting you can tweak with to improve the results - the built-in settings within the ArcSoft software doesn't actually do anything, strangely enough.

You should use Sony Vegas ;)

@Kaminos: hey, cool, so you're a games journalist in France?

Yes I am :)

No games do 1080, regardless of what they say. Even FF13 had 1080p movies with 720p everything else.

Actually, some do. But only a very few. I can only remember GT5 prologue and NBA Live 07 and 08, but there are some more.

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 02:35:43 PM »
Prologue doesn't do 1080p either, it's 1280x1080p stretched horizontally.

Kaminos

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Project-Imas
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010, 04:10:57 PM »
Prologue doesn't do 1080p either, it's 1280x1080p stretched horizontally.

Oh yes you're true, I forgot that.

If I remember well, Lair is 1080p too. But as you said, 99.9% of the games are 720p, or most of the time even lower.